• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Search results

1. Venia Silente

Pokémon wuv in, well, Pokémon

Owing to the special date of yesterday, but also today because love should last all year long~ It's easy to write romance and stuff between humans, but other species also need that special feeling (not to mention a reason to breed, otherwise how do we get specimens with cool abilities). And...
  2. Venia Silente

Pokémon Tricks of the Love Fast [Valentine's Nidorans]

uwu wat's this? a story with bnuuys? Yes it is. This is a project that started as a oneshot (I swear) but that kinda grew into a plot because Nidorans are cute. It's a bit more of slice of life stuff (for now) with my couple of Inka and Baluarkos from that other story about blue doors, but...
  3. Venia Silente

What do you expect to see in a lore doc?

S'up everyone. I've been working for a while on a new setting for Pokémon stories. It's going to, in general, be a Pokécentric / "PMD‑without‑the‑MD" world. Don't want to bossrush you with the details (who am I kidding, ofc I wanna) but the thing is, besides the obvious that I'm going to...
  4. Venia Silente

Pokémon The Marks of a Leader [2023 Drabble Bingo]

Hello everyone, this is my first time taking part of the drabble bingos and the result will be... well... not drabbles, since I write kinda long, but hey I'm trying! So here, I'm gonna leave you with three (3) short stories for a right-hand column bingo. The prompt is "leadership / ruling" and...
  5. Venia Silente

Pokémon Tastes Anew [two-shot]
    Threadmarks: 1/2

Hello my readers, it's been a while. How about some writing featuring canon characters now? Also food, because why not. Here I bring to you some bits of worldbuilding and a bit of writing some canon characters. This will be a two-parter but let's start with Part Numero Uno. Enjoy! Tastes...
  6. Venia Silente

Pokémon As They Were [OS]

Hello there! I want to present you with a former contest entry for another community, now shared here. Written originally under the prompt "nostalgia" (ya know, prompts are not like they used to be) it is now available for the Thousand Roads community as a freestanding story, about a creature of...
  7. Venia Silente

Pokémon Playfield [10yr Anniversary Edition]

As per the current Saturnalia and Estival Solstice celebrations, I'm legally authorized to cross-post this story ft.: two of your favourite characters! Enjoy Playfield The normal routine of the bushland and the meadows was interrupted by a threat of a nature surprising to its inhabitants...
  8. Venia Silente

[RFE] Provide the button for the subforum index's Atom feed

Currently, Thousand Roads forums offers two RSS/Atom link feeds: One is for the whole-site feed (forums.thousandroads.net) and another one is for the current subforum's index: <!-- in the <body> --> <li><a href="/index.php?forums/-/index.rss" target="_blank" class="p-footer-rssLink"...
  9. Venia Silente

Pokémon Auld Foundations [OS]

Hello everyone. Presenting here Auld Foundations, a fic I actually wrote recently instead of having it in the drafting stage and revisionism hell for six months. Furthermore, this is a story about a good doggo, and how we can protect her job. Enjoy! Auld Foundations Sorento waited under the...
  10. Venia Silente

Feedback wanted: Pilot Episodes

Hello everyone. I've been wondering, as a writer in the last time I've been strongly focused on oneshots, in the best case something like miniseries-style two-parters. Not that that's bad, I mean it seems to work. *But*. At some point, you just need to tell a bigger story, right? The thing is...
  11. Venia Silente

Pokémon A Case of Winging it [preliminary]

Greetings everyone! This is an older story I posted for a contest and by popular request I've decided to bring it to this site as well. It's about a bird doing what he can without the aid from Social Services. A fair warning, since this was originally written under contest constraints, some...
  12. Venia Silente

FYC: More typographical effects in BBcode; render fixes

Hello everyone, here with a few requests. Currently the page on BBcode codes (https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?help/bb-codes/) lists the codes that are supported. However, a few codes are not working correctly (in particular for the print preview or Save As... renders) and a few other...
  13. Venia Silente

Pokémon Dangerous Upgrade [GtI]
    Threadmarks: Act Ⅰ-Ⅱ

Hello everyone, I'm here with a new story about a game that deserves more love. That's right: some more new content for the average Gates to Infinity enjoyer! This is yet another "Special Episode" of sorts that I have been working on for a good while and has had quite an... accidented...
  14. Venia Silente

Pokémon Beyond Today [PMD] [OS]

Per popular request, I'm crossposting one of my award-winning one-shots to this community since it's admittedly been stuck at PC and AO3 for a while. As such, for your consideration: "Beyond Today", also my first foray into the world of PMD writing. This was originally posted in 2018 for...
  15. Venia Silente

Pokémon Silly Human, Romance is for Nidoran~!

Hello everyone! Here's your virtual pen pal Venia Silente. You might remember me from works such as Overlord and Making the World Go 'Round. This time however, I'm in full cuteness mode general. This being Valentine's Day, I'm contractually allowed to cross-post my Valentine's story featuring...
  16. Venia Silente

Pokémon Forever Catch [two-shot]
    Threadmarks: 1/2

Hello everyone. I'm here with a new crosspost from my archives. This I wrote back in 2019 (before hte pandemic! imagine!) as a celebrational. In this story set in the past of a fanon region, Cobalion (not the same Cobalion as in the movies) investigates rumours about humans and one of their new...
  17. Venia Silente

Pokémon A Good Year to Rawr

Hey everyone, am here bringing one of the newest stories I have written Elsewhere. This time featuring best pseudo, Dragonite Goodra Tyranitar Salamence!. This was originally written for PokéCommunity as a contest entry under the prompt "contentment / frustration”. I kinda sorta picked...
  18. Venia Silente

FYC: Consider <ruby> / furigana support in BBCode

Hello everyone. For your consideration: It would be of interest to count in Thousand Roads with support for <ruby>, the HTML standard tag for Furigana annotations. These annotations are used in East Asian languages in order to provide inline information such as pronunciation guides (crossing...
  19. Venia Silente

Pokémon Making the World Go Round [OS] [GtI]

Hello Everyone. I'm here with another story of mine, this time set in the PMD world of "Gates to Infinity" (totes a good game, can recommend) where a totally-not-a-human has found himself trapped as a Tepig. This is basically set early during the plot of Gates, with the now protagonist Tepig...
  20. Venia Silente

Pokémon Overlord [OS]

Hey everyone, just picked the first story I would post in this community. Back in 2015 (that is, eons ago in Internet Years) I published a piece of fiction for a contest called "Criminal Intent", where the idea was to show the life and works of an "evil team". I decided to use for this...
Top Bottom