• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Search results

1. Negrek

Two New Moderators!

It's been a little over a year since we've added to the staff team, and as Thousand Roads has continued to grow, we've decided to add some new moderators to help keep things running smoothly. Please welcome kyeugh and Sinderella as our newest community moderators! They'll be helping to plan and...
  2. Negrek

Smeargle Swap

Smeargle Swap Do you love getting fanart for your stories? Do you love brightening other authors' days? Then Smeargle Swap is the event for you! Similar to how Catnip Circle is a review swap, Smeargle Swap is a fanart swap. How it works is simple: submit a story you'd like someone to make art...
  3. Negrek

Fanfic Art Event?

There have been some Discord discussions recently about some kind of event for creating art and/or writing for other people's stories: maybe quick sketches or drabbles, maybe something more involved. I thought I'd start a thread here to get a sense of whether people might be interested in some...
  4. Negrek

Mafia Schedule and Interest Check

Have an idea for a fun game of mafia and want to see if there are people interested in playing? Want to know if there are any upcoming games to participate in, or wondering when you might be able to host a game you're interested in running? Look no further! This thread is for proposing mafia...
  5. Negrek

Exquisite Corpse 2021

Exquisite Corpse 2021 It's time once again to kick off our annual run of exquisite corpses! An exquisite corpse is a writing game where where participants come together to write a story... with each only being able to see the last couple sentences of the previous writer's work! Anything can...
  6. Negrek

Exquisite Corpse 2021 Themes

It's time for another round of Exquisite Corpse! If you aren't familiar with Exquisite Corpses, these are collaborative writing games where a group of authors get together to write a story on a given theme, with one twist: each author writes a scene based only on the last two sentences of the...
  7. Negrek

Animorphs Book Club [#2 The Visitor - Jul 17]

This is the main discussion thread for our Animorphs book club! There's also a Discord component to the club if you're interested in joining in on that; visit the #botstuff channel on our Discord server and check out the pins to find out how to add the "Andalite Bandit" role that will let you...
  8. Negrek

Animorphs Book Club Planning

As we were discussing on Discord yesterday, there's been some interest in holding an Animorphs readalong/book club. This thread is to gauge interest and determine what that might look like! The poll currently covers format: do you want to hold discussions on Discord, or in forum threads? A...
  9. Negrek

Friends and Partners Contest - Results

Friends and Partners One-Shot Contest Results The judges have been hard at work reading and reviewing this year's crop of one-shots, and now at last we're ready to reveal the results! We had sixteen entries this year, for what was maybe the most diverse and interesting crop of one-shots that...
  10. Negrek

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia Player List Windskull (Kyros) Chappie (AbraPunk) DawningWinds (Nefari) IFBench (Arctozolt) Seren (Miyako) Equitial (Mewtwo) SparklingEspeon (Zoroark) Fusion (Cold Fusion) Namohysip (Alexander) Navarchu (Lance) Mellow (Namco) Inkedust (Altair) Shiny Phantump...
  11. Negrek

Second Anniversary Celebration

Thousand Roads Two-Year Anniversary Celebration The Thousand Roads community opened its doors on April 23rd, 2019, and it's been a wild ride ever since! I don't think I'm alone in feeling as though it's been closer to five years than two since then, even just with everything that's gone on in...
  12. Negrek

Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia

Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia By now world has spread throughout the Pokémon fanfic multiverse: somewhere out there is a strange dimension that calls people to it, people from all across the worlds, only to toy with them in some strange, murderous game. The only information anyone's been able...
  13. Negrek

Second Anniversary Mini Prompt Bingo

Second Anniversary Mini Bingo For a creative community, it wouldn't sense not to have an anniversary event dedicated to creating! This year's mini bingo event will challenge you to create 3-4 small pieces of art or writing based on a list of prompts. The way it works is simple: post here...
  14. Negrek

Second Anniversary Mini Review Blitz

Second Anniversary Mini Review Blitz What better way to celebrate Thousand Roads' anniversary than to give back to the creators who make it what it is with a little extra feedback? Unlike our annual Review Blitz event, this is a casual affair, where the goal is to simply write a couple extra...
  15. Negrek

Second Anniversary Event Planning

Thousand Roads' second anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks, so I'm starting to get together plans for our celebration. I have some ideas for events, but I'm always interested in hearing what other things people might be interested in. Here's what I've come up with so far: - We'll be...
  16. Negrek

Friends and Partners One-Shot Contest

One-Shot Contest: Friends and Partners The partnership between humans and Pokémon has been central to the franchise since the very beginning. Trainers capture Pokémon to train for battle, Rangers call on them for aid, humans-turned-Pokémon team up with true Pokémon to face danger--no matter...
  17. Negrek

One-Shot Contest 2021 Theme Poll

It's time to get ready for our yearly one-shot contest! We're getting started a little earlier this year so people will hopefully have time to get their writing done before exams, but before that writing starts... we need a theme! We're also going to need some judges to help out with the contest...
  18. Negrek

Thousand Roads 2.2 - New Features!

Welcome to Xenforo 2.2! Welcome to the newest version of Xenforo! This update's been a long time coming, but I hope you'll find the new features in this version to be worth the wait. You can read more about those below, but before we get there, I'd like to give a big shout-out to the staff team...
  19. Negrek

New Year's Resolutions 2021

It's that time of year again! Do you have any resolutions for 2021? Did your 2020 resolutions work out at all? (Last year's thread is here, if you want to refer back!) In the end 2020 really laughed at all my plans for the year, which I can't really feel too bad about. I had quite ambitious...
  20. Negrek

Book Club Organizing/Discussion

As was discussed on the Discord, some people thought it might be fun to set up some kind of "book club" for fanfics, where a group of people get together and read/discuss the same story at the same time. Moving it over here to finalize some details and let more people in on the discussion! -...
Top Bottom