• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Thousand Roads Forums

Starlight Aurate
Starlight Aurate
What is 'British Tea'? And what is the American recipe for it? :O
Negrek
Negrek
What recipe is that?
DeliriousAbsol
DeliriousAbsol
Please note this is NOT how you make British Tea... https://www.comicsands.com/american...AIVxEpI_6lJS9GNttN2gageuUUzSUCB1CZD4iMDxp1vpg

Firstly, you use a kettle, and bring the water to the boil. Put a teabag in a mug, then add the boiling water. Stew for a minute or two, remove the teabag, then add milk and sugar to taste. What she has made is, pretty much, a tea latte... and probably lukewarm, too =x tea should be enjoyed hot, but not at the risk of scalding your mouth.
Starlight Aurate
Starlight Aurate
I'm reading through this and will give my thoughts as I see them:

I can see microwaving water in a mug, though I only do that if I don't have a kettle available.
Adding milk to water before adding the tea leaves?!?!? That's heresy!
They filled that mug waaaay too high
I think they're trying to destroy their teeth with the amount of sugar they put in.
The tea never looked like tea by the end of the video o_o It looked like straight up milk.

I boil water in a kettle, put the tea leaves/teabag in my mug, pour the boiling water, and let it cool for a bit before drinking.
DeliriousAbsol
DeliriousAbsol
... I also don't think they removed the teabag. But that theory is based on the fact they didn't show/say it, and I recently read a novel about a British boy who moved to live with his aunt in America who had no idea how to make tea, and plopped a teabag in a mug of warm water and left it as such. Cringe.
Starlight Aurate
Starlight Aurate
To be fair, I can't critique them for that since I prefer my tea very strong and don't remove the bag or leaves until later than most people do ^_^; Although this came back to bite me when one time I wondered why my tea was so bitter... And I found I had accidentally put in two tea bags.

Ooh, what novel was that? Some of my friends also use lukewarm water to make tea and I can't drink it. I need it to be scalding hot water before I put the leaves in.
DeliriousAbsol
DeliriousAbsol
The novel is called Monsters in the Mirror by A.J. Hartley, which I picked up for its 'entering a world through a mirror' plotline. I love that kind of stuff XD

My husband went through a phase of forgetting to remove the teabag from my cup, leaving me to discover it when it brushed my lip. I had some very strong teas back then... XD
Top Bottom