• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

blitz prep thread 2022

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
So while we're unsure as to when the blitz is going to start up how about the tales you're thinking about tackling?

Any recs for those entering the contest?

Here's a spot to share and care your ideas, suggestions, or gossip for the upcoming event.

Anyways since the dates set... Lets share fanfic lists!/recs

Presently eyeing torchics stuff. Gunna pick a long fic and hopefull go from top to bottem.

Also picked a tale off of abysions rooster

Blackjack of corse and ditto Couch and beyond that... Well with the timing thats likely to be it for me (sorry about lack of stoey links all my buttons are greyed out again for some reason?)

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Great thread idea! Love to come back to these after Blitz to see how I completely failed to do any of the things I said I was going to do. :P

Last year I was able to catch up on Hey, Space Cadet and Places We Call Home. This year I'd like to get caught up with the latter again, and I hope the former will have some revised chapters posted for me to look at, too! I also need to catch back up with The Legendarian Chronicles, although it would be nice if I could get those done before Blitz...

Also, I said I was going to do it last year, but this year I actually am, dang it! I'm going to finish reading Dragon's Dance so that I can properly start bugging Pen for updates!

Other than that, there are a number of new authors I'd like to check out, and some general groups of stories I'd like to try to hit, like entries for this year's one-shot contest. In theory, though, keeping it to a smaller number of stated goals will make me more likely to complete some of them, so I'll just formally commit to the above.

Outside of reading, there's a one-shot I really need to get posted before Blitz starts... if only because it's a prize for last year's Blitz. So that's on the table, too.

(sorry about lack of stoey links all my buttons are greyed out again for some reason?)
If your buttons are greyed out, try clicking the icon that looks like [] between the undo/redo buttons and the save draft button... If that gets toggled it turns all the other buttons off.

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
My hitlist this year is to try and give everyone on the following list of people who have either reviewed me in the past year, or given me a review at some point in the past that I just never reciprocated for one reason or another at least one review... assuming they have something I haven't reviewed to completion yet:

@kintsugi
@bluesidra
@Dragonfree
@DeliriousAbsol
@Negrek
@Sike Saner
@System Error
@Team_Ion
@GumPlum
@StolenMadWolf
@Chibi Pika
@Namohysip
@SparklingEspeon
@Panoramic_Vacuum
@Torchic W. Pip
@K_S
@Bluwiikoon
@Umbramatic
@IFBench
@Pen
@love
@windskull
@Phoenixsong ✅ (no unreviewed content)
@kyeugh
@Ambyssin
@Adamhuarts
@Cresselia92
@Venia Silente
@BestLizard
@canisaries
@Vray
@sanderidge ✅ (no unreviewed content)
@zion of arcadia
@Arukona
@Sinderella
@Persephone
@Flyg0n
@Starlight Aurate
@Joshthewriter
@JFought

That's it. That's the hitlist. We'll see how well I manage to pull it off this year.

Last edited:

TheCouchEffect

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/His
Hmm... no specific plans for as to who's stories I'll leave reviews for beyond Canisaries and KS's stuff I've been meaning to finish. My main plan is to try to get at least one in-depth review out every few days if time permits it.

Reactions: K_S

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
health has been terrible, but i hope i can at least do one review for each week's theme. maybe read a bit more than just a chapter for some of them, too. it's been kind of therapeutic to get to escape to another world

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Going to be focusing on getting further into
  • Sweet Sacrifice
  • Of Sand and Shadows
  • Legendary Adventures
  • Salvage
  • The Loser
  • Places We Call Home
  • Journey
  • Hey, Space Cadet!
  • 26 Years
  • Eternal Shadows
  • Do Psychic Cats Dream of Electric Sheep?
  • Broken Things
  • Dragons Dance
  • Envy of Eden
  • Home is Where the Hoenn Is
  • The Origin of Storms
And starting
  • The Legendarian Chronicles
  • The Quest for the Legends
  • Hands of Creation
  • Final Gambit
  • Stray
This is of course, pending the million review exchanges I’m planning to do AND my wavering attention span (if you’re interested in review exchanging please hit me up :> )

Last edited:

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Going to be focusing on getting further into
  • Sweet Sacrifice
  • Of Sand and Shadows
  • Legendary Adventures
  • Salvage
  • The Loser
  • Places We Call Home
  • Journey
  • Hey, Space Cadet!
  • 26 Years
  • Eternal Shadows
  • Do Psychic Cats Dream of Electric Sheep?
  • Broken Things
  • Dragons Dance
  • Envy of Eden
And starting
  • The Legendarian Chronicles
  • The Quest for the Legends
  • Hands of Creation
  • Final Gambit
  • Stray
This is of course, pending the million review exchanges I’m planning to do AND my wavering attention span (if you’re interested in review exchanging please hit me up :> )

you're in for an interesting time with 26 years...

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
I'm expecting to be pretty busy this Blitz and also have a lot of writing I want to do, so I'm coming in with modest commitments. I need to catch up with Broken Things, which the amazing @Persephone has been updating like a well-oiled machine. Other than that, I'm excited about checking out works by authors I'm not familiar with and reading some of the contest one-shots. Always down to do exchanges during Blitz; feel free to hit me up!

Top Bottom