• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

NaNoWriMo 2021

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
V2.png
Ok, so it's officially November! NaNo has begun! My Zebstrika is more than ready!

I'm currently tracking goals down, and see who wants to participate or not. But so far, from the people who have commented, we have the proud goal of 438k words between us all!

I've sat a mini goal at 75% and 90%, and if we go crazy, we can reach the 110%.

What's going to happen when we hit those goals? Eh, surprise! But a big celebration no less!
What's going to happen when you reach your personal goal? I'm going to doodle your favorite pokemon for you, that's what happens!

So here's to a successful November!!!
Write as much as you can, Zebstrika needs you!

Attachments

• V1.png
    V1.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
I'm hoping to write at least 5000 words for anything in November!

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
My typical goal is 50k—I’m combining NaNo with Whumptober and doing a month of angsty prompts with the characters from White Swan, Black Swan. I’d be happy to be included in the community word count.

However, with every NaNo I set out to win I always do something madlad-esque to kick things off, so I’m aiming to write anywhere between 6k and 10k words on November 1st.

kibigo

Delinquent
Pronouns
she/her
Last year, instead of writing a 50 000‐word novel, I wrote an incredibly high‐concept 8000‐word [Zelda] short story. I was thinking I might do a sequel to it this year (I have a bit of a plan), but ordinarily I do planning for such things in October, and this year I… haven’t (on account of being in the middle of a job application process). So it’ll depend on whether or not I can get a sonnet written by then, am not too busy with jobs things, and actually feel confident in where it might go. I don’t want to tarnish the original with something which doesn’t quite live up to its promises 😅.

When heart and body seem not to align,
A lover’s touch reminds which pulse is mine.

I did the full 50 K thing once, and I’m pretty pleased with the result, but honestly I have my episodic pokémon fic to work on if I want to write something long. I think in this time of days growing short, I prefer digging deep and making something a little more rich, layered, and profound.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
I'm gonna write the next chapter of Obsession. I don't care how long or short it is. Imma write until it's finished.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
I hope to do 50k, ideally of anything, but I'd like to mostly focus on LA and Home is Where the Hoenn is

We'll see

slamdunkrai

bing.com
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. darkrai
  2. snom
I'm a little bit limited by schoolwork this month, but I'd love to be able to participate in a community writing challenge. I think I'm going to try and aim for 10k words on my ongoing fic for NaNo; here's hoping I can make it!

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
If I write at least one full chapter of Pokecure, it will be a success! :D

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
I recently compiled a list of all the Pokemon fic I've published (for a loose definition of 'published' which includes drabbles, exquisite corpse entries, and contest entries which have only been seen by judges) since I started writing in this fandom, and discovered that the most words I've ever published in a single year was 48,324. This year, I aim to top that and complete a NaNoWriYear by publishing at least 50,000 words by 12:00 A.M. January 1st. So far I've only done 22,920 words, so I'm aiming to publish 13,540 words in each of November and December.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
I am absolutely cackling at how wide-eyed and innocent I was making these 2021 fic goals, but hey, at least I guessed my next project correctly even if I didn't do jackshit with it.

Doing a soft 25k goal this month to revive a smol lumpy child that I really do love and is both absolutely different from my standard fare and exactly my standard fare. Schrodinger's ouroboros or something.

Happy to join in on the community goal if there is one! Booper must be fed.

Last edited:

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
this year i'd just like to write one chapter of my fic before the end of the month. that doesn't sound like much but i think i'm going to need to do a fair bit more plotting to get there, and also this is the worst semester ever so squeaking out even 8k in a month is going to be pretty hard for me. community goal sounds neat, not sure if my nebulous plans really align with that but a soft 10k goal sounds about right for what i'm trying to do (if planning words are to be included, which they are bc i make the rules 😈)

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
So, I've currently hit a severe block in my writing and also have one hell of a backlog. If I can get back into it, I'm already happy.

So for November my goal is to get my final arc edited and start publishing again. Also, 5k on anything, be it the current arc or the next one, would be the cherry on top!

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I'm going for the 50k goal again! My main project is going to be FaWH, though I'm not going to force myself to write exclusively that. I also translate time to words, with 1 hour equalling 1k words.

Here's my NaNo profile for those who are so inclined.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Progress report! :D I may not have technically done much writing, but I accomplished a big goal - I finished making and refining a new stylesheet on my website! It took, uh... at least 6 hours of nonstop work today, plus a couple hours of work last night 😱 I've been busy!

noseclub-darkstyle.png
so beautifuw

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Obsession 35 is forming! Gosh, I wonder how many chapters this will be when it's finished. In probably another 20 years.

Top Bottom