• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Intro Thread

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Hi there everyone!

I'd seen the main website around a few times in the past, but I didn't know about the forums until recently, after running across the Tumblr. Anyway, I'm a college student that enjoys writing fanfiction on the side when I have time. I've written a few things for small fandoms and I've got an ongoing Zelda fic, but within Pokemon tend to write and enjoy PMD related stories the most. I look forward to reading more fic on the forums. Have a lovely day all!

Drgnrdr82

Youngster
Pronouns
Her
Hey everyone! I just joined here and at the discord server. First time in a while I have been in a forum and I will admit now I am fairly awkward socially. I’m old and glad that there are other people probably around my age here as I was a little nervous about that. I studied music business and chemical engineering at school and worked for a while but now am home as a mom with 3 kiddos (one of whom is obsessed with pikachu).

I started writing more than 20 years ago and stopped because of a crappy experience with a creative writing class. But being home now I needed some me time and am so much more comfortable with who I am I decided to try writing again. I just finished my first Pokémon fanfic after falling in love with the detective pikachu movie. I have dabbled in all the main Pokémon games and the detective pikachu game as well but never watched much of the anime. My kids, however, now have a great love of some Pokémon and we started some of the anime and manga.

As for other interests: lots of anime, some video games (currently yoshi and astral chain) and reading. And being a mom. Because I feel like that is all I am. My fic is up on AO3 and maybe here, Heart of Gold. It just finished up and I am working on the sequel.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to you both!

@windskull I'm tickled you've visited the main site before! I tend to assume that most people here knew of the forums first. There are quite a few fans of PMD fic here, so I hope you find something you enjoy reading! Namohysip's Hands of Creation is one to check out if you like epic adventure stories, and Casting Off by Virgil134 is a complete three-parter if you're looking for a quicker read.

@Drgnrdr82 Great to see you here! Chemical engineering is a super cool area of study, and it's always nice to see other scientists around. It's awesome that Pokémon is something you can enjoy together with your kids! Congrats on finishing a big chaptered fic like Heart of Gold, too. That's a serious achievement!

roule

Youngster
Pronouns
She/her
Hello everyone! I'm roule, and I've been writing pokemon fic since 2016ish. I took a year-long break to focus on my foundation classes, and with some free time now, I've gotten back into fic writing. Nice to meet you all!

Misfit Angel

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
feminine
Hi. I'm not good at intros, so let's just throw this out there.

I am Misfit Angel. I'm a misfit certainly, but the verdict is still out on whether I'm an angel. I write. I make pixel art. I work on programming projects. I'm not particularly great at any of them, but they keep my time occupied and me out of trouble, and that's all I really care for.

I've always been intrigued by smaller and more tight-knit communities like this. Something about fanfiction communities being tied directly to their larger fandom, yet still distinctly and culturally separate, always bugged me but it's all I could work with until I found this place. Hopefully I (mis)fit in, I like cozy places.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, welcome! I know you a little bit, of course, though I wasn't aware that you did any programming. That's cool, and I'm always surprised by how many fanfic people also dabble in code. It's great to have you, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

I liek Squirtles

yonch yonch yonch
Pronouns
he/him
Hi everyone! I'm Squirtles. I'm a college student studying electrical engineering and political scicence. I've started a lot of fic, but rarely finishthem (lol). I personally don't read a lot of fic (Pokemon or otherwise), but I enjoy thinking of characters and worlds. Nice to meet you all :)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Whoah, Squirtles! What's up? Hope you enjoy your stay. Even if you don't want to read much, hopefully you can enjoy some world/character discussion. You're always welcome to try some of the Worldbuilding June prompts if you want to flesh out a world you've been thinking about a bit.

myuma

I still think about y%#'()_*{\\"'&36)%("'$&''&(15y
Pronouns
she/her
Myuma
Type: Ghost
Met in: Giant Chasm
Nature: Careful
Likes to relax

Hello! I'm Myuma - based on Misdreavus's Japanese name, Muma. I've only become involved in the online Pokemon community this year, although I've been a fan of the franchise for almost ten years at this point. My first game was White some time in 2011, which was my introduction to Pokemon as a whole. During that time, I also browsed a lot of fansites (especially one called Eonlight Valley) without ever participating in their forums or chats. I'm planning to start my own fansite soon; if I ever do, I'll probably put it in my signature and/or announce it here. Putting together worthwhile content is the hard part of making a site!

I don't write a lot of fanfic. I also don't read a lot of fanfic, so it may seem strange that I've chosen to hang out on a forum specifically dedicated to fanfic. However, fanfic communities tend to discuss interesting questions about the Pokemon world, which I can't resist thinking about and responding to. I also have a ton of headcanons, random OCs, and vague plots I've dreamed up, which I'd love to write down for real one day. Writing fiction is actually pretty fun compared to essays (who knew?) My first few attempts as lapisora on Bulbagarden certainly show my inexperience, though. :P

Offline, I'm a college student. I spend quite a large chunk of my time studying for upcoming exams... or at least, I'm supposed to. My hobbies include sewing and programming. That's C++ and plushies for you.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Oh man, it's so awesome that you're planning to open your own fansite. PLEASE link/announce it here when you do! It's rare to see people starting fansites these days, so it's always exciting to me when it happens. Also, thanks for reminding me of Eonlight Valley... I was never a member there, but I definitely browsed it, and flipping through archive.org snapshots is giving me a huge nostalgia hit.

Whether you end up doing any reading/writing any fanfic or not, I hope you have fun hanging out and joining the discussions here. Feel free to start some, too, if there are any topics you think would be fun to mull over. One way or another, I hope you enjoy your stay. Welcome!

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Equitia
Type: Psychic/Normal

Hello. I usually go by Equitia or EquitiaL online. I'm a twenty-one-year-old who's really into Pokémon. I've been writing fanfiction since before I was twelve, but I ended up deleting most everything I posted so there's not much online. I have a fanfic.net account with a single Undertale fic, but it's old and I haven't touched it for years so I don't recommend.

I've accepted that posting chapter-by-chapter does not work for me at all, so you won't see any longfics from me for a good while. I do have a few one-shot ideas I plan to try when I reach a good break point in my current project, though. Mostly Pokémon fics float in my head, along with a couple Undertale ones. I used to do original fiction as well, but it doesn't interest me much anymore.

My current project is one I started writing nearly six years ago and whose basic premise I thought up when I was twelve. I originally called it Story of Hybrids, but I mostly just refer to it as SoH. The basic premise is that six seemingly human Johto kids each develop the abilities of a specific Pokémon type around when they're twelve, and then Team Rocket shows up.

Now, I'm three chapters away from finishing (the first part of) SoH! Of course, it's also an objective garbage fire! It has changed A LOT since I started writing. Basically, besides the general premise, it's just that most of the characters still have the same names. My next goal is to rework the whole thing so I can write it again except decently. After that, it's only actually the first part of what will be a massive fic.

Besides that, I'd also like to read and review more Pokefic. I kind of do this thing where I really like a fic, want to write a review, but the review ends up being an entire essay because I love the fic so much. Then I start procrastinating. I end up with half-written reviews on my computer and guilt because I don't review anything. Now, I've made a plan to get the reviews I want done and change things so I can actually write reviews without feeling overwhelmed.

Generally, I'd also just like to participate in a community. I've been reading and writing fics for years but have never been part of one. Some of the bigger more established sites intimidate me, so this smaller and newer place feels more welcoming.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome! It sounds like you're working on some interesting projects--seemingly-human kids developing pokémon abilities + Team Rocket is definitely relevant to my interests. We definitely have some writers here who've been working on epics since they were twelve and know what it's like to go through big reworks, so you're in good company there. I'll definitely look forward to reading anything you post, whether it's an epic or a one-shot. In the meantime I hope you find some stories you enjoy following and enjoy just hanging out in the community!

zion of arcadia

too much of my own quietness is with me
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. marowak-alola
Hello. Most people call me Zion, although I've also gone by Anna in the past. I've been involved in Pokémon since the games released in 1996, and the Pokémon fandom for over ten years now, from PTS to TiNa to PMDWU. Currently spend the majority of my time on Discord because it's convenient and all my friends are there.

I mainly prefer reading PMD and Pokémon-centric stories. I do participate in other fandoms as well--mainly to write guilty pleasure romance stories haha--but for Pokémon, I'm most invested in adventure tales with a cast of original characters. I have a PMD story in the works, but it probably won't release for a while because I want it to be mostly finished and polished before it releases.

Let's see... what else... I was an English major at one point before realizing spending thousands of dollars to be unemployed wasn't optimal. So now I work at a hospital as an imaging assistant and learn more about my craft without hemorrhaging money in the process. Here's a fun fact I learned during my brief educational stint about fairytales (a personal favorite genre of storytelling):

There are two words often used to describe fairytales and the enchantment they create. The first is the sublime--something both beautiful and dangerous, a place where you can sit in unknowing and contradicting ideas, the thing that terrifies us and fascinates us at the same time, that candy house in the woods.

The second is that fairytales are full of what's called a lacuna--a skipped part--leaving unanswered questions (why does Rumplestiltskin want the baby? How do Hansel and Gretel find their way home again?) that create, in the words of Kate Bernheimer, the "fairy way of writing." Which is another thing entirely and I think I've babbled on long enough by this point.

So, yeah. It's nice to meet everyone and I hope to have a grand time hanging around y'all.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, welcome! Super excited to hear that you're working on another Pokémon story, and I hope the writing goes well. Thanks for the fairytale fun fact, too. Seems to me like Pokémon is a canon with a lot of its own lacunae, and that's part of what makes writing fic for it fun for me.

Anyhow, welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
👋
Hi my name's Meridian. He or They please.
Gay w/three boyfriends, turning 24 next month.
I'm disabled and that's the short version.
Been on the discord server for the last couple weeks I think now.
If I did the status thing I'd definitely say I purple, saturdays, and sweets.

I'm new to the forums, the last time I was active in the pokemon fandom would have been on the Uranium forums under another name years ago.
I honestly haven't written fanfic in a while, but I've thought up hundreds of ideas for original character and non-oc fics in general for, oh, the last however many years.
Surprisingly little pokemon. Until now. You can thank @Keleri's Gods and Demons series. This reminded me I have pokemon fanworks to revisit, and a fanregion.

My interests: webcomics (I was into homestuck for a long time, still follow it). I've got a long backlog of asian dramas to watch, mostly focusing on ones with a she/hers protag who can give as good as she gets from her romantic interest. Love period pieces. I'm also really into Kamen Rider thanks to one of my boyfriends (who is also a pokemon fan), I've watched Fourze, Gaim, Zi-O, and am now on Zero-One. I'm supposed to be watching Build, but uh, I'm not really good at sitting down to watch stuff it can take me 3x the runtime to watch.
In addition to considering myself a writer, I'm an artist. I'd really like to be able to make more and even do animation memes, but I rarely "Make" anything due to my health and living situation.

I'm into a lot of stuff content-wise, and most of it revolves around immersive worldbuilding and how well I can headworld it. Soft Sci-fi and Fantasy are usually what I find, but I can enjoy a lot of niche or broad style things too. Lots of aliens helps. In-world quality of life tends to play a factor bc I am soft and want to be content in life. Setting or narrative mechanics, playing with tropes, and Queerness are also big moods.
The range for fanon with pokemon sure is open to all of this soooo, you can see why I come back to headworld pokemon stuff p easily, and I'm progressively getting more open to sharing it.

For me a lot of the canon characters and events will end up set-dressing, but uh, over the last few days I've fallen ass backwards into plans for two rarepairs. Woops. A pokemon world that feels lived-in and acknowledges the existence of sidequest+sidegame content is important to me. Sorry gamefreak but almost every region has pokemon contests in my fanon 🎉
My shipping goes for similarities, mutual friends/locations, and chemistry in an emergent narrative. Dynamics that even out or plain remain stimulating are important to me and the feels-center of my brain. If I go for non-fluff I def enjoy something steamy that'll get me blushing, it's a rly good qualia to have around.

If you've got a journeyfic, pokemon contest coordinators, day-in-the-life, or lgbtq content please let me know I'd love to take a look!!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, welcome! I've seen you around the Discord a bit, but it's nice to see you introducing yourself here, too. It sounds like you have good taste, especially if Gods and Demons brought you here! I think you might be interested in Persephone's Broken Things, which is a journeyfic with several LGBTQ characters and deep worldbuilding (real world/pokéworld fusion).

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
Hey, welcome! I've seen you around the Discord a bit, but it's nice to see you introducing yourself here, too. It sounds like you have good taste, especially if Gods and Demons brought you here! I think you might be interested in Persephone's Broken Things, which is a journeyfic with several LGBTQ characters and deep worldbuilding (real world/pokéworld fusion).

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

👀 definitely will check it out, and ty!!

The Desert Cat

Good Boy
Hey there!

I'm Desert Cat. You can call me Desert, or Cat, just don't call me late for dinner.

As far as Pokemon goes, I'm mostly just interested in PMD. I've always liked fantasy/sci-fi adventure or exploration stories, and also talking animal stories, and PMD fills both those niches for me. I've been working on a fanfic recently as well - PMD: Instruments of Creation.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to talking with everyone here.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! I think you're probably already aware, but we have several authors who are big on PMD, so I imagine you'll fit right in. Hope to check your fic out soon!

Top Bottom