• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treat or Treat 2019

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Treat or Treat 2019

No tricks here! As October winds down, with the prospect of shorter days, NaNoWriMo, and the holidays looming, let's take some time to relax and have a bit of Halloween fun! Treat or Treat is a casual story feedback event that's quick and low-stress, with the primary goal of putting a smile on another member's face. If you have trouble finding the time to type up reviews, don't feel like you have anything insightful to say, or feel a little intimidated by leaving a message for a great author, never fear! Send them a quick treat to let them know their work is appreciated, and you can always get a review to them later if you get the chance.

If you'd like to receive treats, simply post here to sign up and choose the goodie bag design you'd like (options below). You can even decorate your own if you want (template here)! If you're hoping for treats commenting on a particular story or stories of yours, just mention which one(s) in your sign-up post.

After that, it's time to send your treats! You can message them to Negrek here or on Discord. Or, if you'd like to be extra-anonymous, you can send an ask through the community's Tumblr. You don't need a Tumblr account to do so, and absolutely no one will know who your treat came from! Just be sure you're clear about who it should be sent to. You can send treats even if you don't want to sign up to receive any.

A treat should be brief, one to two sentences long, and be something that you expect will brighten the recipient's day. If you're stumped for ideas, you can always mention your favorite character in one of the person's stories, comment on something that you enjoyed in a recent chapter, or say something about their writing in general. "I always look forward to your updates, and I love the way you write Lola's perspective" would make an excellent treat!

You can send treats anytime through October 30th. On October 31st, Negrek will PM all participants the contents of their goodie bag. Anyone who sent at least two treats will find an additional surprise from Negrek in their haul!

xy_bag.png
oras_bag.png
victini_bag.png

Umbramatic
victini_bag.png

DawningWinds
xy_bag.png

NebulaDreams
xy_bag.png

qva
index.php

Sike Saner
victini_bag.png

Virgil134
victini_bag.png

The Walrein
index.php

GrayGriffin
index.php

NonAnalogue
victini_bag.png

Last edited:

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
I'm in. I'll take the Victini goodie bag?

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
This is cute idea! I'm curious... if I just want to send treats, should I wait until there are more signups in the thread? Or do I just send you treats to give to people, even if I don't know that they have a "goodie bag" so-to-speak?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Umbramatic, DawningWinds, and NebulaDreams are all signed up!

This is cute idea! I'm curious... if I just want to send treats, should I wait until there are more signups in the thread? Or do I just send you treats to give to people, even if I don't know that they have a "goodie bag" so-to-speak?
You can send as many treats as you want, and I'll distribute them to anybody who does sign up out of the people you treated! If you then wanted to get your messages to anyone who didn't end up signing up through a different channel afterwards, that would be fine, too. But if you'd rather wait and see who signs up and only treat those people, that's totally valid as well.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
all right, now that i've finally finished my chapter, i'm gonna sign up for this. i brought my own bag, i hope you don't mind.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Added you both. I love these custom bags!

For anyone interested in sending treats, you have about eight more hours to get them to me. I'm going to be doing the final collection and distribution tonight!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Yes! I've added you to the first post.

I don't think we really want to sign up more people after this, though, since there's not a lot of time for anyone to treat them. If there are more people who'd like to sign up, or if people think they're going to have trouble getting their treats in on time, we could extend the deadline 1-2 days. Let me know if you think a bit more time would help.

GrayGriffin

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
any
Damnit, I didn't realize signups and treat sending closed on the same day. I thought we'd have a bit more time to send out treats before then. I guess it's too late to ask for the extension though?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Ah, sorry, I didn't see this earlier! I've already started sending people their filled goody bags, so it's probably too late to add more treats now. Sorry about that. I'll give more time for this event in the future... I think in general it ended up being too cramped, and having some additional time to send treats after sign-ups closed would have made more sense.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
A long overdue update on this--some people have received their goody bags already, but some people haven't. I'm very sorry about the delay, which is 100% my fault. I'll do my best to get everything out by Sunday morning. If you signed up but haven't received anything from me, it's not because you didn't get any treats. Everyone got treats! I'm still sitting on some of yours, is all.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
I've finally gotten through my full treat list. If you signed up for this event but didn't receive any treats, please let me know; I must have accidentally skipped yours.

Very sorry that it took so long to get this all wrapped up; I've definitely learned my lesson about doing events in the week before NaNo. Thanks to everyone who sent treats, and I hope people enjoyed what the got despite the delay.

Top Bottom