• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Lush Prairie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"I've certainly never seen any stones like these..." Cabot mused as he got closer to inspect one of them.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Again he was ignored. How frustrating. Did this smeargle really think she could casually toss around that power — no, his power — and brush him aside?

Still, his complaints faded upon discovery of the stones. "I... do not think these are simple stones." His multicolored triangles flickered. "I'm sensing... something off about them. In the same way the magikarps' auras were off." He crossed his arms. "Besides... mere stones would not create this kind of damage. They'd have to fall from outer space. Which would make them meteorites." Necrozma looked skyward.

"That was my next guess," Vix chuckled. "Does this mean we're lucky for finding them? Maybe we'll get through this mission without any problems then." She could feel them being jinxed the moment those words left her mouth.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Whatever they are.. they appear to be inert now." Maple crouched down by the crater, leaning forward to pick one up.

It was quite heavy, as a stone would be, and sturdy. "It appears to be mere stone. This is solid rock. But..." She firmly knocked her fist against it, making a startlingly loud crack! noise. "...I don't think it can be broken very easily."

Shaking her head, she tossed it back into the pile. "I'll assist in gathering them. These stones have a property similar to Magikarp's energy-draining aura." She looked to the others. "I think that is all we're going to see here. You should get some rest; I can see how weak you all still are. Don't strain yourselves."

Owen wanted to protest, but Truffle's healing was already wearing off. It hurt to stand...

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I don't like you picking them up like that," Necrozma growled. "If they have an energy-draining aura, who's to say they're not draining your life force as we speak? Don't let your powers get siphoned. Some of us would kill to have them."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Would... it be too much for me to offer some help?" Vix asked, finding it difficult to look at Maple in the eye. "I'm fine, for the most part, probably not as sore and beat up as everyone else." She tried to pick up a stone. While she couldn't really lift it up with her own strength, because she had none, Vix was able to float while lifting one of the smaller ones without too much strain.

"Can't get sore if I don't have muscles. Or tissue... or bones, either," she snickered.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
And finally, Maple looked at Necrozma again, frowning. "...Mm. Yes. You're without your light," she said. "I'm familiar with your kind."

A brief silence followed, and then she nodded. "You carry yourself well for how you must be feeling. Perhaps I can help you later. Truffle already told me that he had offered some of his power to you, but I can offer much more."

But then, to Vix, she said, "It might be heavier than you, Litwick. Let us handle it." She cleared her throat, then made another gesture with her tail. "To the dojo, then." She carved another portal. The other side led to the dojo's entrance.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Familiar." Stars above, was he tired of hearing that. If he just had his real power... he could make people take him seriously. Instead, everyone was looking at him like he was a cranky elder that had been woken from a nap too early.

Though, perhaps, that's all someone like me really deserves.

Dejected, he silently floated off into the portal, unprepared for what awaited him in the dojo.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot walked over to the portal, only to stop and turn to Maple as he remembered something.

"Oh, thanks for helping us with that fire demon yesterday. I guess nobody had done that yet with everything going on."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Well that wasn't fair, pretty anything could be heavier than her, but Vix knew it'd be better not to press the portal-making Smeargle on a decision she made. "Alright, I guess. Be careful then, can't be too careful with something like this, I think."

Maybe Vix was more tired than she knew it, seeing how her float was getting shaky. She waited for the other two to leave before following their lead. "Good luck, Maple."

Mellow's Radiance

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow had not stopped at her garden. Or at anywhere within the forest at all. She kept going and going until she reached an open field. Everything was wrong. Everything was falling apart. How could she fix this? How could she get out of all this safely?

The stress of everything coming together all at once was too much too fast. She had to find a way out. Had to leave. Mellow curled into herself and tried to breath but it only made things worse. Something in her needed to get out. She felt it course through her and build up in her throat. The more it did the more she felt angry instead of scared. So, so angry.

Mellow growled, her anger making her feel lighter and lighter, like she could take on all the things that were getting to her lately. She'd power through it. She would! The Charmander looked up at the sky and screamed at the top of her lungs:

Mellow used Radiant Solar Beam! ...But there was no target.

She gasped for breath. But she wasn't done. She screamed again and a beam of light went through the grass, scorching it wherever it came in contact. It was after the second one that she began to feel lightheaded and dizzy. Unable to stand or move without stumbling, Mellow lay down on her back and glared at the sky.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Now, what did nature do to earn such scorn from you, child?"

Heavy footsteps flattened blades of grass as Bahamut awkwardly ambled into the field. "I hope you don't intend to blow yourself up with that power like a couple of our teammates already did."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Oh, wonderful. It was Bahamut. Here to deride her personally! What an honor.

But she was too exhausted to stay angry, after doing...whatever it was she just did. Mellow sighed and sat up slowly to see him clearly. She also got a glimpse of where the prairie may or may not have been on fire. She winced at that, but chose to focus on the Legend instead.

"I don't hate nature. I just... needed to let out some frustration. ...Wait. Explode? You mean..."

Her face turned to one of horror. She'd contracted the Radiance. How did that happen? Was it contagious? Mellow began looking at her arms and legs for any sign of being extra glowy. Finding none, the Charmander cautiously relaxed.

"...No. I don't want to use this power at all! But I got so upset and angry...", Mellow finally replied as she rubbed her head with both hands. They came back feeling a bit oily. She frowned, but wrote it off as nothing a quick sand bath wouldn't fix...

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Anger? Because of Maple?" If Bahamut wasn't mistaken, it was Mellow who was sounding telepathic alarm bells in the first place. "As I recall... you were content to stay away from our team's investigative work and tend to your beverages." He kept his square, blue eyes fixed on a tree in the distance. The combination of his new body's yellow-orange glow and the black, angular prisms drawing in light made for what he imagined was a chilling combination.

"So, what prompted this little change of heart?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow gave him a flat and unimpressed look.

"Those aren't just beverages, they're medicinal. I made them because it's what I know how to do and it's the best way I can help.", she shot back. "But when things started happening more and more, I couldn't stand by and just leave it to everyone else. Maybe I'm not a fighter like the others. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be in the battle..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Then what do you intend to do when you join us in battle?" Bahamut marched toward Mellow, using his larger frame to his advantage. He raised his arms up to make himself look as big as possible. His brain prism and eyes sparked with energy. "We will likely have to face titans like Lugia in the near future. How will you ensure your will doesn't falter, little one?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
She faltered a bit when pressed and shrunk back, but then clenched a fist.

"I'll- I'll fight! I'll be brave!! I won't just give up and do nothing!! Just because I want to do things differently doesn't mean I'm foolish or naive!!"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Mmm. I hear your words... but your voice lacks a certain conviction to it." Bahamut's glowing eyes looked down at Mellow. "Do you actually know how to fight?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom