• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Recent content by slamdunkrai

1. slamdunkrai

Blitz 2023: Prize Claim Thread

Level of prize: level one Type of prize: art Preferred method of contact: Discord many thanks, and cheers once again for organising the event! :)
  2. slamdunkrai

Pokémon Home is Where the Hoenn is

Heyo, here for chapters one through three of this one; I'd had this on my list for a while, having heard enough about Hana and Raga that I was of course intrigued by their plight to mega evolve and finally prove that they're way better than any mean old garchomp. I'm very glad to get around to...
  3. slamdunkrai

Pokémon Salt and Blood (One shot)

Hi there! You know, I somehow don't think I've ended up reading any Tetra fic up until now; this is probably as good as an excuse as any, given not only the season, but the fact that this one's about bad things happening to a guy I know well (being a big TLR-head myself and all). I really...
  4. slamdunkrai

Pokémon Mew’s Meddling Mischief

Ah, isn't this a really sweet little story? I'm often saying that "powerful deity psychologically manipulates two teenagers for their own amusement" is a deeply underrated romcom premise, and I say this only half-jokingly; this one lives up to the potential of the premise. As has been mentioned...
  5. slamdunkrai

Pokémon Will I Follow?

waheyyy thanks for the blitz reviews :) they coincided with me going into editing mode on the prologue/chapter one, funnily enough; that one's been revised a bit. here're some responses while I'm here:
  6. slamdunkrai

Pokémon White Swan, Black Swan

We're caught up! This review covers chapters 14 through 16. The situation is extremely abnormal but nevertheless clear to Odette by now; she at least has something to latch onto now with regards to Valentin's identity, and it feels pretty surreal even from my vantage point as a reader learning...
  7. slamdunkrai

Striking while the iron's hot for chapters 11.5 through 13, which should permit me to finally catch up in the next batch of chapters. And just at the right time, too! It seems like the core mysteries of the story are really starting to coalesce right in front of Odette and Noel. 11.5 is...
  8. slamdunkrai

Pokémon tarnishing

Heyo! I'd been meaning to check this one out for a while, and this is as good a season as any for it; I do often tell anyone who asks that you can never get enough kyeughfic. I went through all four chapters thus far. For a start, this is an incredibly well-constructed story! You have a...
  9. slamdunkrai

Heyo, here for chapters 9 through 11 as part of our review exchange! Where I left off last year (...christ, I've gotta get better at committing to stories on here), I remember being most intrigued about Clovis and his role in the story — as he had just been introduced, I recall being struck by...
  10. slamdunkrai

Pokémon Hunter, Haunted

Heyo, here for chapter four! This one moves the plot along well; it reaffirms Red as a direct threat in Michi's life and sees him catch back up with Joanna to complete his plan. And he completed it! There are no chapters in the story after this one. Great work, Red! On a broader level, being...
  11. slamdunkrai

Pokémon Will I Follow?
    Threadmarks: Chapter Three

3. (AUTHOR'S NOTE, 20/01/2024: pssst, ignore this one for now, it needs a little bit of revision to fit the needs of the rest of the story. shouldn't be more than five or six days, I'd imagine. ta) Florence knew very few people who could afford optimism back home. Half the folks worked on...
  12. slamdunkrai

Rate the song above you

this is an odd Death Grips cover 8/10. Only real complaint is that I think the bit in the middle where the lyrics essentially just break into moans and hums while the rest of the song continues at full pace is a momentum killer right at the core of the action. I'm not one to complain too much...
  13. slamdunkrai

Pokémon What the Gods Gave Me

Heyo! Here for catnip, thought I'd give the first three chapters a read. The rules dictate that only one chapter is necessary, of course, but I was entranced enough by it that I ended up dedicating a good chunk of my morning to this thing, lol. I'll start by echoing some praise laid out above by...
  14. slamdunkrai

yo, jackie bday! we love to see it -- hope you have a good one, my friend! :>

yo, jackie bday! we love to see it -- hope you have a good one, my friend! :>
  15. slamdunkrai

Rate the song above you

6.5/10, could go either way depending on the day but I certainly feel more positively about it than I don't. I don't think Grimes quite has the pull this feels like it wants from her: the spacy breakbeat and the keyboards that float across it, the bassline defined by incompletion, the flickers...
Top Bottom