• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Recent content by Poivron

1. Poivron

Original The Verdant Ones

Gotta admit it took me several attempts to get into this story. A few times I read the opening paragraphs and stopped. Something about the concept, the almost but not quite pokemon setting, put me off. It feels like it's a PMD story that's been turned into an original story, but it still keeps...
  2. Poivron

All-Purpose Fakemon Discussion and Development Thread

Nice. Using the tail as a fan for the fire is a cool idea. Wonder how many forest fires these things cause?
  3. Poivron

Pokémon The Tessellation Solution (Oneshot)

Okay, I came to this story via love's recommendations, which mentions that there's a hivemind in this one. So one of the central reveals was spoiled for me from the start. Oops. Still, it didn't detract from the excellent sense of tension, and the loss and longing underlying Iwa's character...
  4. Poivron

Pokémon The Guzmania Blooms (One-Shot)

It's great seeing a possible beginning for Guzma and the kid he could've been. Always thought the moment with the golf clubs and Guzma's dad was one of the darker details in the game, the abuse is only hinted at, but it's still there. And this story isn't afraid to go into detail on it, and the...
  5. Poivron

Original A Final Stillness

This is a cool little snippet. It's short, but there's clearly a lot of attention paid to wording and how everything fits together. Reminds me of a prose poem. I'm no poetry expert, but this might be categorized as one. Having read a few of your stories I think death and beauty, or the beauty...
  6. Poivron

Pokémon Maelstrom of Shadows

This story is a blast. What I love about the whole thing is how unabashedly edgy it is. I'm not sure how serious you meant this to be, but for me the sheer level of over-the-top violence crosses the line into being pretty funny actually. Like that scene where Merian just rips the guy's arm off...
  7. Poivron

Oh, so they're two lines that look similar but are actually unrelated? At first I thought one evolved from another. But it makes sense to have two sweet potato lines where one is a genuinely sweet potato and the other is an EVIL sweet potato, with poison and everything. Fun idea!
  8. Poivron

It's nice! Was expecting something a little more red, since it's a fire type, but the current palette works too. Looks convincing as a viper, at least. Eyeless Route 1 rodent is a cool idea. Sweet potato for a grass type is something I haven't seen before. When you say femme fatale, do you mean...
  9. Poivron

Fire snake looks rad. Pretty convincing design, if I say so myself. Also, Barboach and Whiscash are underrated and I'd love to see them get a breath of life through regional forms. I had a friend whose favorite pokemon was Whiscash (she was a fan of catfish). Fun names, too! Coming up with...
  10. Poivron

Pokémon Vaporwave Frontiers (PMD Quest)
    Threadmarks: 4. Night 1 (Why I Hate Dungeons)

You pin the ring target to your chest, near a cluster of rhinestones by your shoulder, and a wave of vertigo overtakes you. Feelings flood into your mind, not your own—be an opportunity—can they tell what I'm going to—this really a good idea—then it all vanishes into a rising tide of static. A...
  11. Poivron

Huh, haven't heard of a serow before. Grass pokemon based on one of those would be neat. Feathered serpents are cool, feathered serpent pokemon are cool. This one pokemon hack (I've played so many) has a feathered serpent fakemon I used on my team for a bit. Pokemon Uranium, with the Coatlith...
  12. Poivron

Threadmarks: 3. Night 1 (Salt Refinery)

You make your choice. Not sure if it's the right choice, but better something than nothing. Right? "Hey, you two. Uh." This would be easier if you actually remembered the elgyem's name. "Yeah, elgyem over there. And... Mago. What would you say if I hypothetically asked you to do a dungeon run...
  13. Poivron

Threadmarks: 2. Prologue (Why I Hate Evenings)

You fire on all cylinders. Metaphorical cylinders because you do not possess actual cylinders like some species do. You leap out of your bed, self-defense rock in hand, and lunge towards the shadow while screaming "Please don't hurt me please don't hurt me please don't hurt me I can pay it off...
  14. Poivron

Dorm Hall - 1st Floor
    Threadmarks: Night 1 - Finley and Bouba

A somewhat dazed Finley followed his jellicent down the long, long hall. Bouba checked each unoccupied dorm they passed, opening the door with deft tentacled motions, and inevitably burbling his displeasure when the room beyond proved unsatisfactory. They'd gone past dozens of dorms. Finley had...
  15. Poivron

AQ - S.S. Trousselin

It seemed that a misunderstanding had occured. Misunderstandings must be corrected. Especially this one, which made his tendrils quiver somewhat. Bouba hastened to explain: "I am not a fish. I am a Jellicent. Jellicent are far superior to fish. I will also clarify that I am not the Apostate...
Top Bottom