• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Text Chat - IC

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
To: Serious Business

Hello again. Sorry I didn't send this sooner, as I crashed last night.

Wes and I got ahold of Sigmin--that trainer with the Salandit--and he threw an interesting theory at all. Apparently that Roserade that that trainer Irene had a very deadly poison. They've gone missing, and now Orzo and Clink are sick with poisoning? Either somebody's doing a good case of framing, Orzo is our guy (with Clink in suit) and Irene gave them a taste of their own medicine, or they got caught in some crossfire. All just theories, of course.

If anybody finds something or knows something to tack onto that, please do.

To: Kimiko

Hi. Sorry I ran out yesterday. But I got something pretty good out of it (check the group chat). And before you ask, yes, I feel better today :) Planning to find Xavian later. Hope you've stayed out of trouble so far; we definitely need to catch up. [[ @Seren ]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
To: Kimiko

Hi. Sorry I ran out yesterday. But I got something pretty good out of it (check the group chat). And before you ask, yes, I feel better today :) Planning to find Xavian later. Hope you've stayed out of trouble so far; we definitely need to catch up.

To: Odette

Glad you're feeling better! :D It's fine, I'm slowly accepting that that's just how we are. As for me, well... no trouble for once, but yeah, we definitely need to catch up! On one hand, I heard about Orzo and Clink, and I spent the day looking for a cure for that poison with Steven and a couple others. But with the discovery about Irene, I'm wondering if that's the right course of action. On another note, I did some digging late last night on this 'Golden One' you mentioned and came up with something pretty interesting. Big enough that I'm close to saying confirms our group's general suspicions. Eat your heart out, Noel! :ROFLMAO:
[[ @Sinderella ]]

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Conversation With: Odette

Hey. Jirachi found me pretty quickly after our last messages. Turns out I was hanging out in their usual haunt, and they retreated there once they finished with you. I still remembered enough about what the inside of Hazel's head looked like for us to make a wish detailed enough to actually work.

I don't think it's really hit me yet how much this is going to change for us. She's happier, healthier and unconstrained by Faba's bullshit.

[Attachment: Img-Attch-01.jpeg]
[ @Sinderella ]

Conversation With: Wes

How're you holding up? We ran into Jirachi, a mythical that can just straight-up grant wished in the caves after we parted ways yesterday, a friend helped send them my way. The helmet Hazel had needed for medical reasons... is gone. We managed to come up with a wish that could to cure her.

It's kind of surreal. Means a lot more than just having the helmet on. It's a bit of a long story, but she was designed to be able to change types freely... and it works now. Lots of new strategies to learn, especially since almost all of our old ones were built around that old helmet. If you're still down for a battle sometime, well, it's be a lot more interesting. Better get the jump on us while we're adjusting or we might just be unstoppable.

[ @HelloYellow17 ]

Conversation With: Hazel (Not that one)

Are you immune to telepathy? Asking because... well, Odette helped point me to Jirachi. We'd both been in Hazel's body before, so we wanted a way to help her. We came up with a wish to remove the RKS system entirely. She's in control of her own type now. She's only really figured out the Oricorio style types, but one of those is psychic so we don't need to use sign language to communicate anymore. When she's psychic, at least.

[ @MintyMimix ]

Conversation With: Laura

Hey. Not really tactical business but something you might care about: Hazel's a lot better now. That's because Odette helped us meet Jirachi, who can just... grant wishes. She's not exactly an RKS chimera anymore: We removed that whole system and returned control of her typing to her, not that she's got the hang of using it all yet. We've been using some telepathy but the sign is still useful for when she's any other type.

Hope all is well with you, too.

[ @unrepentantAuthor ]

1656302296919.png

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Conversation With: Hazel (Not that one)

Are you immune to telepathy? Asking because... well, Odette helped point me to Jirachi. We'd both been in Hazel's body before, so we wanted a way to help her. We came up with a wish to remove the RKS system entirely. She's in control of her own type now. She's only really figured out the Oricorio style types, but one of those is psychic so we don't need to use sign language to communicate anymore. When she's psychic, at least.

Conversation With: Gladion

Oh my goodness that's so amazing!!! 🥺
Hazel!!! She looks so fierce but adorable underneath the helmet!!! Good!!! She deserves to be free!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot type enough exclamation marks to emphasize my excitement!!!

dlfk;aa
jhhg
gj

Sorry, Violet ruffled my feathers to get me to calm down. Don't mind the typos from my claws splaying out thanks to that.

Admittedly... I haven't been the most battle-hardened of Weavile. Psychics still sometimes can find some neural pathways that are open here and there. But that does mean telepathy is on the table! That's so wonderful! I can't wait to hear what she imagines her own voice to sound like!

I'm getting so excited again but you two are just wonderful together!!! I really hope we can keep in touch after all this is over because you both are so lovely and Hazel's like a long-lost cousin in a way... it's so great to see her so happy!!!

Oh! Did I tell mention that we met Meloetta yesterday? I learned some really fun otherworld songs and dances, and they told us about just how powerful bonds can be as an energy source — though it looks like you've already got that point covered!

We're gonna keep looking out for more mythical 'mons to see if they can lend a hand; we'll let you know how things go on our end! Hope to see you both again soon though; I really want to see Hazel now that she's gotten that awful thing off her head!

Take care of yourselves!!!!! Two hearts from one me and one from Violet!!! 🧡💜

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Conversation With: Laura

Hey. Not really tactical business but something you might care about: Hazel's a lot better now. That's because Odette helped us meet Jirachi, who can just... grant wishes. She's not exactly an RKS chimera anymore: We removed that whole system and returned control of her typing to her, not that she's got the hang of using it all yet. We've been using some telepathy but the sign is still useful for when she's any other type.

Hope all is well with you, too.

Conversation With: Gladion

Hey, that's great news! I'd love to see that for myself actually - that pic is adorable

We're fine - too much tactics stuff tbh - would appreciate a chance to think about literally anything else

Wanna meet up? I'll be at the maw in like 25m or smth

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Hi all. Please read my following words VERY CAREFULLY.

I've just been informed by Odile that her, Steven, and Aggron have located Xavian's private quarters at the back of the lounge. Steven and Aggron got ahold of a flower from Shaymin and successfully used it to heal Clink. However, Orzo was not present.

I am going to POLITELY ASK, that NOBODY, and I mean FUCKING. NOBODY attempt to convene on the private quarters at this time; at least until we can adequately formulate a plan of action. According to Odile, they were asked to keep the location of the quarters under wraps, so I am hesitant to even be telling you all of this. But, if Orzo is our guy, it's best you all know.

This is also for the sake of my Pokemon friend, and even Steven and Aggron as well. I don't want it to be known that that information has been shared, as I don't want any trust that was given to them by Xavian to be breached unnecessarily.

If I hear even the slightest fucking peep out of any of you, or see anybody trying to act a hero around the lounge, I am not responsible for the demon dragon that finds home in your television set tonight. You've been warned.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

hiya odile here :>

odette is doin her weird mid-day stretch thing or whatevr so im doin the textin now

per my stellar awesome espionage we got some GUUD information today

am requestin a meetin

tonight

in the dorms

so we dont have to go out and get attacked by whatever is out there

(srry Clovis 2.0)

*steven

empty dorm on the first floor, to accococomaodate u fukers with big ass 'mon friends

c u there :>

b there or b fucked if we figure somethin out that u werent there to hear bcuz u decided to sleep thru it or somethin

drink coffee

OK BYE :>>>>

Last edited:

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
To: Serious business

anybody here have Steven’s number? I accidentally told him about Wallace and he ran off before I could talk sense into him. It’s almost nightfall and the idiot just ran out. If anybody can touch base with him and make sure he’s, y’know, alive and not kidnapped, that would be good.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
wingsofachampion @ Serious Business said:
sleepover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Group chat: Serious Business

Hanafuda: Hey, it’s Jack. We met Diancie and she gave us some riddles, but we’re kinda stuck. Seb looks like he didn’t even want to try since he can’t figure it out. Poor guy looks like he’s about to cry. No, I’m not kidding—he gave in to despair in one second. Anyway, if you want, I’ll tell you what I got so you can give us hints.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Hanafuda: Here’s what I got:

What does a mortal love more than life
Fear more than death or mortal strife
What dost the poor have, the rich lack, and what contented men desire,
What the miser spends and the extravagant saves
And all men carry to their graves?

Hanafuda: Oh, hold on, Seb’s whispering something. A different riddle?

I am the beginning of you and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me and I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness.

Maybe this one was specifically directed at Seb for a reason. Could it be something like ‘the beginning of Seb’?

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Hanafuda: Wat ya tink is somtin dat a hero gotta keep after dey alredy gav it to som1?

Hanafuda: Sorry, that was Zack. Even in this situation, he still finds time to have fun with the keyboard.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Group Chat: Serious Business

aCleverUsername:
Hey guys sorry for the quick vent, but needed to get this off my chest. I'm really worried about Violet. She's been talking as if she thinks the worst is going to happen to her... I'm really hoping we can catch that culprit soon. Violet's been asleep while Cresselia's helping her out, at least.

Anyways, I think I got a pretty good idea on each of those riddles:

• "Nothing" - a mortal loves life most and fears death most. Poor have nothing, rich lack nothing (have everything), and a man that is content desires nothing more. I don't like the implication of "they carry nothing to their graves" though. Flies in face of certain Ghost-type theories.
  • "S" - this one I can see why you guys had some trouble with. It looks like it's a lot easier to solve when I can read it in text, but if I just heard it out loud, I'd be just as confused! The letter "s" is in all the phrases mentioned, except 'you', but I'm guessing that was meant for Seb.
  • "A promise" / "your word" - the last one is gotta be one of these two. Funnily enough, Violet actually taught me this. It's something you can give to someone, but is also something you keep yourself as well. Something honorable and true.
Hope that helps you guys out. It looks like Vi's stirring awake again, so I'm gonna check in her. Take care, and keep us posted.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Hanafuda: Hey, it’s Jack again. And Zack. Thanks, Hazel. Those were the right answers. I knew we could do it. After all, we’re here together, starting to work as a team.

Hanafuda: Beautiful
srsly its epic how were workin together
N da best part is dat I got mah mega stone baybeh!!! See u on da final battle

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Conversation With: 9+ Contacts

Hey. Place is scoped out. Orzo’s room is fucked. There’s a painting of other legends but they’ve all been defaced. Pretty empty otherwise, as in extremely short in furnishings and decor. There’s a box in a storage room with a small chair locked inside which Hazel thought was weird, and I suppose it is. The floor was covered in dust with no footprints but the box had been disturbed. I don’t know what that means, go figure, thought I’d mention it I guess.

Orzo came out of a portal back into their room mid-investigation and immediately lied to Xavier about how they’d been resting in his room. So that’s… you know.

Orzo, Xavier and his Klefki are all in the main room. They need to stop being there for obvious reasons.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

URGENT MESSAGE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND QUIETLY.

Orzo is our guy, undoubtedly the Golden King. Will explain more later, in my dorm room, tonight. Until then, please act natural, and for those of you in the Maw, BE CAREFUL.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Group Chat: Serious Business

aCleverUsername:
Been watching over Violet in our dorm; she's been sleeping a lot more soundly than before, thankfully.

Oh my gosh!!! I really hope we have a way to get back to our worlds after all this then...

If you're with Orzo, please keep an eye on him and post his whereabouts at all times!

Vi and I will be trying to round up some of the mythicals that we can in the meantime. If we're meeting tonight, I think they ought to be in the know, too. Keep track of Orzo and we can sneak 'em to the dorms without the Hoopa noticing.

Stay safe, everyone!!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
wingsofachampion: ono! gen's with him right now, serving him food!

Top Bottom