• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Overgrow Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
This time, the area was positively flooded with energies. Electric, grass, and poison, alongside ghost and psychic. The psychic and ghost traces felt strong, stronger than before. As if who or whatever had left them behind had... grown stronger?

Electric, grass and poison energies were strong as well, still tingling in the air. Someone'd had a chance to fight back this time.
surprise.png
Aggron jolted upright with a startled snort from where he'd leaned down to examine the area on all fours. It didn't take close examination to feel the energies in the area. Electric, grass, poison; that Roserade and Ampharos were definitely here. He turned to point out as much to Steven who was examining a particularly nasty gouge in the earth, when--

"Looks like a big battle happened here," she said instead, by way of greeting.
shocked.png
Steven nearly jumped out of his skin at the voice from behind him. He pressed a hand over his heart and stood up from where he was kneeling. He gave Kimiko a wide-eyed stare as she joined him in the clearing. "Gods, don't sneak up on me like that," he breathed. It must have been the excess ghost energy in the air making him so jumpy.

eyes closed pensive.png
He smoothed his hand down the front of his suit jacket, not bothering to dust the leaves and dirt off his pants. He let his gaze drift over the destruction all around them. "This is definitely the place where Irene was attacked by our culprit," he finally stated. "And certainly not an ambush."

neutral look down.png
He fidgeted with his rings only briefly before shoving his hand into his pocket. Aggron gave him a sidelong glance, to which he nodded in return. Definitely still on edge from all this... Maybe it wasn't the ghost energy after all. "I'm not sure what else we can glean from this other than whoever or whatever is doing this is escalating..."

angry straight ahead.png
"You can feel it though, right? They're getting stronger... It's--"

The rustling of bushes cut him off, and both he and Kimiko turned to the source of the noise. Beside him, Aggron let loose a low growl...

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Voices, coming from up ahead. They weren't bothering to keep their presence hidden, so it was probably just some of the other trainers from the festival, and not anyone to be worried about. Probably. Nine was ready for a fight as always, sparks leaping from his fur.

Jade held an arm out. "It's probably just Laura,” she said, although she couldn’t recognize any of the voices…

The two of them stepped through the brush into a clearing, and Jade found herself suddenly facing a stern Aggron, eyeing her closely.

Jade held both palms out disarmingly. “Uhh, hi. We were gonna meet here with Laura, and…” Her words trailed off as she abruptly realized that she was talking to Steven Stone. Not the one she’d met back home, but still.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
The two of them stepped through the brush into a clearing, and Jade found herself suddenly facing a stern Aggron, eyeing her closely.

Jade held both palms out disarmingly. “Uhh, hi. We were gonna meet here with Laura, and…” Her words trailed off as she abruptly realized that she was talking to Steven Stone. Not the one she’d met back home, but still.
thinking.png
Aggron's growl quieted to a thoughtful rumble as he took in their visitor. A girl and a... Pikachu? Wearing a feather head dress? They didn't feel like a threat. Yellow, but not a ghost or a psychic, and he didn't recognize them from the ship. But, weird Pikachu aside, something else caught his attention. Laura... Laura... He'd heard that name before...

surprise.png
"Oh!" he said, relaxing his stance and giving a toothy grin at the newcomers. "You're friends with Malachai!"

----

neutral straight ahead.png
"Hello," Steven ventured with a hesitant greeting. "I'm sorry, but I haven't seen anyone here by the name of Laura."

He was still uncertain who this girl and her... interesting looking Pikachu were. Aggron didn't seem to be bothered by them, which was a relief, but Steven didn't recognize them from the boat. He ventured a sideways glance at Kimiko for some unspoken help. Did she know who this was?

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Steven nearly jumped out of his skin at the voice from behind him. He pressed a hand over his heart and stood up from where he was kneeling. He gave Kimiko a wide-eyed stare as she joined him in the clearing. "Gods, don't sneak up on me like that," he breathed. It must have been the excess ghost energy in the air making him so jumpy.
Both Kimiko and Olivia jerked in response; she hadn't thought they'd been that quiet, and Steven's surprise startled them. "Sorry! I thought you heard us coming."

He was still uncertain who this girl and her... interesting looking Pikachu were. Aggron didn't seem to be bothered by them, which was a relief, but Steven didn't recognize them from the boat. He ventured a sideways glance at Kimiko for some unspoken help. Did she know who this was?
Steven had started to fill her in on what he and Aggron had been looking at when they were interrupted by someone approaching. The girl and her pikachu were only vaguely familiar - she thought she recalled seeing the feathered pikachu at one of the group gatherings - but she had no idea who they were or if they were trustworthy.

Olivia chirped to get her attention, and directed it towards Steven's pokemon. She nudged Steven, then nodded her head at his partner. The giant steel-type was relaxed, but she didn't know enough about him to recognize the expression on his face. That, and Kimiko was distracted wondering how these two had snuck up on them while Olivia was watching the area...

...Only to realize that Olivia's gem wasn't shining. She'd been startled too, when they'd scared Steven. She nudged the espeon with her foot, and sent the espeon a wary glare; Olivia got the message immediately and was again on alert.

With that taken care of, Kimiko turned to the newcomer. Might as well try to see if they could trust her. "I'm afraid I don't know any Laura, either... was she on the Trousselin, by chance?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Oh!" he said, relaxing his stance and giving a toothy grin at the newcomers. "You're friends with Malachai!"
Jade relaxed noticeably upon seeing that Aggron wasn't hostile. Then she realized who he was talking about. "Oh right--yeah, we know him." She recalled the dragon's withering stare and wasn't sure whether 'friends' was the right word, but at least he'd been satisfied with a good battle, which was probably the best she could hope for.

Nine flicked an ear. "*I fought him. He's strong.*"

"Hello," Steven ventured with a hesitant greeting. "I'm sorry, but I haven't seen anyone here by the name of Laura."
With that taken care of, Kimiko turned to the newcomer. Might as well try to see if they could trust her. "I'm afraid I don't know any Laura, either... was she on the Trousselin, by chance?"
Jade waved awkwardly. "Oh, uh, yeah, we both were. I figured you'd have seen her around. She's the one with the giant Noivern--we've been investigating together since.... well, you know." Safety in numbers went without saying at this point. "She should be here soon."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Jade relaxed noticeably upon seeing that Aggron wasn't hostile. Then she realized who he was talking about. "Oh right--yeah, we know him." She recalled the dragon's withering stare and wasn't sure whether 'friends' was the right word, but at least he'd been satisfied with a good battle, which was probably the best she could hope for.

Nine flicked an ear. "*I fought him. He's strong.*"
surprise.png
"Whoa, you can understand me!" Aggron's surprised gaze swept from the strange Pikachu over to the girl, Laura's friend. His tail thumped on the forest floor with a muted whump. "That's so cool. All kinds of cool people to meet on this island."

neutral face.png
"Like you," he said, peering down at Malachai's friend, Pikachu. "You're wearing what's left of the last Fearow you fried on your head. Is that some kind of dominance display where you're from? And if you fought Malachai, you must be strong, too! Makes sense if you're wearing the feathers of your vanquished foes."

------
Jade waved awkwardly. "Oh, uh, yeah, we both were. I figured you'd have seen her around. She's the one with the giant Noivern--we've been investigating together since.... well, you know." Safety in numbers went without saying at this point. "She should be here soon."
thinking face.png
"Ah." Steven did recall seeing a large Noivern flying around the ship, though he never met its trainer. He nodded. "That's good thinking, sticking together."

straight ahead smile.png
"In that case, we're happy to have your help here. My name is Steven, and this is my partner, Aggron." Steven paused to let Kimiko introduce herself, mildly amused at how enthused Aggron was to meet the pair. It at least lightened the mood of the scene they'd stumbled upon. "And you are?"

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Oh, huh. She had seen a giant noivern flying around the boat. Like the tropius, she had hoped to get a closer look at it at some point. And now that she thought about it... there was a Laura in their group chat. "That's a good idea," she replied. "Seems like too many others here are willing to go out and investigate on their own... present company included."

"In that case, we're happy to have your help here. My name is Steven, and this is my partner, Aggron." Steven paused to let Kimiko introduce herself, mildly amused at how enthused Aggron was to meet the pair. It at least lightened the mood of the scene they'd stumbled upon. "And you are?"

Kimiko followed Steven's lead and introduced herself and Olivia. The espeon had been creeping closer to the strange pikachu, but after the incident with the ninetales in the lounge, she knew her trainer would be watching her more closely, so she didn't rush in despite her curiosity.

"Anyway..." Kimiko said, gesturing at their surroundings. "Safe to assume this is where Irene was taken from."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Malachai needed a minute to plot a low-risk landing, and as he circled around, more figures became visible throough the trees. Jade made it out okay, then. Good. And according to Malachai, the aggron was partners with one 'Steven'. Laura wasn't the biggest overseas League buff in Galar, or anything, but that sure sounded like Steven Stone to her. (Was that a pseudonym, or his legal surname...?)

Eventually, Malachai made his descent, coming to land near-vertically in the limited space available. He made a show of it, Laura though. Vain bastard.

"Uh, hey you guys!" she panted, having jumped down from her noivern's back, and the fall knocking the wind out of her as usual. "Good to see you, Jade. I'm guessing you're Steven, pleasure to meet you... and I don't think we've met?"

She finished by loosely waving and then offering a hand to the girl with the espeon.

Malachai folded his wings against himself and settled down with a low rumble. <Aggron. Nine. It is good to see you well.>

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Malachai folded his wings against himself and settled down with a low rumble. <Aggron. Nine. It is good to see you well.>
neutral face.png
"Malachai, nice to see you again," said Aggron, giving the big dragon a respectful nod. "Nice to meet your Laura, too. She's small, I'm glad you're watching over her."

He turned his attention back to the feathered Pikachu. "I've never met someone whose name is a number." He vaguely wondered if that was how many flying types he'd beaten for his interesting headwear. "But, number or not, if you're a friend of Malachi's you're a friend of mine." He gave a amicable nod to Nine as well.

"Uh, hey you guys!" she panted, having jumped down from her noivern's back, and the fall knocking the wind out of her as usual. "Good to see you, Jade. I'm guessing you're Steven, pleasure to meet you... and I don't think we've met?"
straight ahead smile.png
"Ah, and I'm guessing you're Laura," Steven said. He would have wondered how she knew his name, but he was more than used to being recognized for one reason or another. "It's nice to meet you and your partner as well."

He watched with interest as Aggron shuffled up to greet the massive Noivern. (Goodness, it was much bigger up close.) Mildly, he eyed some of the fading scorch marks on Aggron's armor. It seemed like someone had already met Laura's partner... He'd ask Aggron about it later.

For now though, it looked like everyone who was coming to the forest was here. Four people, perhaps enough to divide and conquer without too much risk.

neutral straight ahead.png
He nodded to the remnants of battle just over his shoulder as he replied to Kimiko, loud enough for Laura and Jade's benefit. "Correct, Irene was here and so was our culprit, at least according to what Aggron sensed. I haven't been able to investigate anything else more thoroughly."

thinking face.png
"Though, I also had wanted to come here to see if we could locate the Mythical pokemon Shaymin. Wallace mentioned it might have healing powers, and both of our host's pokemon have fallen ill to a powerful poison."

eyes closed neutral.png
"I was hoping Shaymin might be able to help them heal, and also give us the chance to investigate some of these clues about a pokemon in disguise."

straight ahead smile.png
"Would the three of you be willing to assist me in both gathering clues and trying to find Shaymin? It's a lot to ask after we just met, but you seem strong and savvy," he eyed where Aggron was happily chatting with the other pokemon, "and after everything that's happened, we need to work together to solve this mystery so we can head back home, safely."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Whoa, you can understand me!" Aggron's surprised gaze swept from the strange Pikachu over to the girl, Laura's friend. His tail thumped on the forest floor with a muted whump. "That's so cool. All kinds of cool people to meet on this island."
Jade tilted her head, bemused. "It's not that rare, is it?" There were others on the island who knew Pokespeech, right? Like May, and... probably some others. Though... maybe Aggron was referring to back home. It was weird to think of her worst subject in school being anything impressive, even if she wasn't that bad at it anymore.

"Like you," he said, peering down at Malachai's friend, Pikachu. "You're wearing what's left of the last Fearow you fried on your head. Is that some kind of dominance display where you're from? And if you fought Malachai, you must be strong, too! Makes sense if you're wearing the feathers of your vanquished foes."
Nine gazed up at the much larger Pokemon, apparently pleased with the compliment. Most people who saw him tended to underestimate him, so it was probably a nice change for a big Pokemon to acknowledge him... even if his theory was a bit off.

Nine ran a paw through his head feathers. "*These are mine,*" he said simply.

"He's, uh, not exactly a normal Pikachu, even where we're from," Jade added quickly. Though the idea of Nine wearing feathers to show off was pretty funny.

Jade straightened. "Um, it's nice to meet you both," she said, nodding to both of them. Steven Stone, introducing himself to her. Wild. "I'm Jade, and this is Nine," she added, gesturing to the Pikachu at her heels.

And then perfect timing, Laura and Malachai showed, up, sending a rush of air through the clearing as the huge dragon landed. Jade gave a small wave, a bit relieved to see that she'd made it there alright. It was hard to imagine anything being a threat with Malachai with her, but... in this sort of situation, anyone could be a target. Even someone as strong as him. Or a champion.

"Would the three of you be willing to assist me in both gathering clues and trying to find Shaymin? It's a lot to ask after we just met, but you seem strong and savvy," he eyed where Aggron was happily chatting with the other pokemon, "and after everything that's happened, we need to work together to solve this mystery so we can head back home, safely."
It took Jade a second to process Steven Stone asking her for help. She was really gonna have to get used to that.

"Oh, um--of course!" she said, probably too quickly. She composed herself and went on, "You think Shaymin is around here?" She hadn't actually gotten to meet any of the legends on the island yet, and there was a part of her that was looking forward to it. Even if she got to see plenty of them back home.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura grinned and nodded firmly. "Yeah. I feel more confident of good results and our mutual safety, sticking together like this."

Malachai sent a flood of information her way. <Aggron filled me in on what's been discovered besides the obvious.>

tracks, broken branches, crushed down grass. Someone had passed through. almost like someone wanted the trail to be found. the faintest scorched scent further into the woods.

a spot: blackened electrical scorch marks on the trees, the earth torn and upheaved, a mess of footprints (human and pokemon). signs of a brief fight.
Electric, grass, and poison energies – the victim fought back this time. ghost and psychic, stronger than before. the one who left them grew stronger...?

"So, the energies here are pretty consistent with what we'd expect from Hoopa attacking a trainer known to have an ampharos and a roserade. I can't help but wonder that neither of Irene's team knew a ghost or dark move for coverage, though."

<We would all do well to memorise such techniques.>

"Or bug and fairy attacks, for if the fucker transforms, I guess."

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
She finished by loosely waving and then offering a hand to the girl with the espeon.
“Kimiko,” she said, shaking Laura’s hand. “And Olivia, my espeon. That’s a damn impressive noivern you’ve got there,” she added, nodding a greeting at Malachai.

Oh, um--of course!" she said, probably too quickly. She composed herself and went on, "You think Shaymin is around here?"

Once introductions were out of the way, it was time they started what they came here to do. “We know both Celebi and Jirachi have been seen here. It’s pretty likely a good spot for Shaymin, too, at least compared to the rest of the island. Probably not here at the scene of an attack, though…”

Or bug and fairy attacks, for if the fucker transforms, I guess."
“It’s at least theoretically possible that the roserade has shadow ball. I’m not sure how we would tell the energies apart from one Pokémon or another. The ghost energy we found was stronger than previous locations, but so was the psychic energy, so we were just thinking the attacker has been getting stronger, too.”

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"So, the energies here are pretty consistent with what we'd expect from Hoopa attacking a trainer known to have an ampharos and a roserade. I can't help but wonder that neither of Irene's team knew a ghost or dark move for coverage, though."

A chill came over Jade. "So we're pretty sure it's a Hoopa, then? And they're, what, impersonating the one who brought us here?" At least, she was pretty sure that Laura wasn't talking about Orzo, if he'd been poisoned..

Nine's brow furrowed. "*I have Iron Tail for enemies immune to lightning. Nothing ghost or dark."

Jade bit her lip. "Usually it wouldn't just be the two of us. We'd have Stygian for dark-type attacks. Or Firestorm's Shadow Claw..." Her voice trailed off. Man, she missed the rest of her team.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"It's disturbing to think that he's getting noticeably stronger this fast," muttered Laura. "Maybe there's more to it than we can guess. Either way, we ought to prepare. Strategise."

Laura grit her teeth, and reached for Sleet's ball. It had taken some serious negotiation to get her to stay at Laura's side, since the inteleon seemed to think she was fucking invincible. She formed in a languid pose, leaning against the nearest tree, smirking.

"'Sszup?"

"We're getting pretty sure a hoopa is involved in the disappearances. That means memorising Ghost or Dark, and Bug or Fairy attacks, wherever possible..." She thought fast for a moment, frowning. "Both of you can learn Dark Pulse and U-Turn. Could be an interesting tag-team play in there. Malachai, you might wanna equip Taunt, to prevent tactical play on Hoopa's part."

<As if you were capable of tactical plays yourself.>

Laura squinted at the noivern. "Use some proper Dark energy next time, but yes. Like that."

Sleet waved a dismissive hand, and signed aggressively. [Snipe Shot will hurt him whatever his Type is. I should memorise status moves and Baton Pass to set up allies.]

Laura's face travelled first to surprise, then to satisfied delight. "You're really taking this seriously, then? No glory-hounding?"

"Sssurre. Motherr-fffuckerr hassz it comin'."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Jade tilted her head, bemused. "It's not that rare, is it?
thinking-1.png
Aggron thought for a moment. "I mean, Steven understands me well enough. We've been together a long time. But it's not like you, with all the right words and not just feelings. That's a different way to have a conversation with a human."

neutral face.png
"It's weird in a good way," he concluded.

Nine ran a paw through his head feathers. "*These are mine,*" he said simply.

"He's, uh, not exactly a normal Pikachu, even where we're from," Jade added quickly. Though the idea of Nine wearing feathers to show off was pretty funny.
neutral face.png
"Hey, don't worry, I wasn't gonna take them from you," said Aggron. "They're yours, and I'm not a feather-wearing kinda guy. It's cool that you are though."

-----
It took Jade a second to process Steven Stone asking her for help. She was really gonna have to get used to that.

"Oh, um--of course!" she said, probably too quickly. She composed herself and went on, "You think Shaymin is around here?"
“We know both Celebi and Jirachi have been seen here. It’s pretty likely a good spot for Shaymin, too, at least compared to the rest of the island. Probably not here at the scene of an attack, though…”
eyes closed pensive.png
Steven nodded, first in agreement, and then sullenly as Kimiko spoken. "I fear you may be right, that the disturbance here will have chased Shaymin off."

neutral look down.png
"I want to keep searching, but I also don't want to wander too far into the forest. Not with this attacker growing in strength..."

"Or bug and fairy attacks, for if the fucker transforms, I guess."
A chill came over Jade. "So we're pretty sure it's a Hoopa, then? And they're, what, impersonating the one who brought us here?" At least, she was pretty sure that Laura wasn't talking about Orzo, if he'd been poisoned..

Nine's brow furrowed. "*I have Iron Tail for enemies immune to lightning. Nothing ghost or dark."
thinking face_angry.png
"A Hoopa?" Steven repeated. "Like Orzo? Or Orzo himself? I hate to suspect one of our host's own pokemon, but Jenny's notes did say the dyes were used to make the same colors that Hoopa are..."

"Then again, if Orzo is poisoned, how could he have perpetrated these attacks? Surely he would be weakened from his condition, not stronger."

"Unless..." He trailed off as a realization struck. "If Irene fought back and her Roserade poisoned Orzo in defense? But how did Clink get poisoned, too?"

He scowled at the ground, taking in the destruction left in the wake of the attack.

angry straight ahead.png
"Maybe if we can find Shaymin and ask for their help, they can look at Clink and Orzo and determine if the poison they're suffering from came from a Roserade."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura ran a hand through her hair, nails pressing into her scalp.

"There are too many possibilities. Orzo and/or Clink are actually impostors, Orzo and/or Clink are working with other 'mon, Orzo and/or Clink were poisoned to lead us to false conclusions... We ought to question them, I guess?"

Malachai and Sleet were busy discussing combat gambits with each other through private telepathy and in rapid sign respectively. The sign for 'Substitute' kept coming up.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"There are too many possibilities. Orzo and/or Clink are actually impostors, Orzo and/or Clink are working with other 'mon, Orzo and/or Clink were poisoned to lead us to false conclusions... We ought to question them, I guess?"
thinking face.png
Steven nodded along with Laura's assessment. There were too many variables still, even with all of the clues they had found.

"From what Wallace said, our host was very protective of his partners today, and rightfully so. I'm not sure how we can talk to them without coming to Mr. Montorzi with some kind of healing help for his pokemon. Unless we can find them on our own somehow, I doubt we'll get the chance without our host's blessing."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Nine listened to the various strategies being thrown out, contemplating. "*My skills are usually best for incapacitating humans quickly. But we don't know if there are any humans involved, do we?*"

Jade winced at the rather blunt description of his usual role on the team. "No one's sure. We thought so at first, but it technically never got confirmed."

Nine nodded. "*If needed, I can drain all my power into one bolt that can stun even a legend, at least for a moment. But someone else would have to take advantage of the opening. And I don't think incapacitating myself is a good idea.*"

After a moment's pause, Jade realized that she should probably relay what he'd said for the humans who didn't know Pokespeesh. "I... think this is a sign we should practice some new moves. Maybe something like Play Rough? Or something for trapping, like that one electric net move... Or Sleep Talk, in case of sleep?" The options were dizzying.

Steven nodded, first in agreement, and then sullenly as Kimiko spoken. "I fear you may be right, that the disturbance here will have chased Shaymin off."
"Should we maybe keep moving?" Jade asked tentatively. "Since Shaymin wouldn't be hanging around here... is there anywhere more, I don't know... peaceful?"

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Nine listened to the various strategies being thrown out, contemplating. "*My skills are usually best for incapacitating humans quickly. But we don't know if there are any humans involved, do we?*
surprise.png
Aggron blinked, turning his snout to look down at Nine. Had he heard right? Did Nine just say he attacked humans before? Why would he do such a thing? That wasn't even remotely fair; they were so squishy and unable to defend themselves.

thinking-1.png
A scowl formed on Aggron's face as he thought and thought and thought. Why would Nine do something like that?

Nine nodded. "*If needed, I can drain all my power into one bolt that can stun even a legend, at least for a moment. But someone else would have to take advantage of the opening. And I don't think incapacitating myself is a good idea.*"
As Aggron listened to Nine continue, his gaze wandered from the electric type to the remnants of the battle behind them. To the burn marks that tattered the trees. To the earth that was furrowed and churned. He scowled deeper as he used his tail to try to pat the dirt and loam back to into place.
grumpy.png
He didn't like this attacker. He didn't like what they were doing. Hurting people. Hurting the island. Sure he and Malachi had a battle here and caused some damage, but that was at the beach, and you couldn't hurt the sand. It shifted and rearranged itself time and time again.

But the trees... His gaze swept over the forest clearing, at the holes in the ground, broken limbs, burns, shattered trunks. Trees couldn't reshape themselves. That took time, years, to undo what had happened.

He let loose a snarl before he could stop himself. What he wouldn't give to put this forest back to the way it used to be, when it was somebody's home, before it was burned and broken.

@Flyg0n

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The conversation lulled slightly, the trainers and their companions trying to decide where to go next. The forest looked rough, torn up. A tiny pikipek stared lamentedly at the remains of its nest.

Then, as natural as ever, a small white and green hedgehog trotted out from the brush. It barely gave a glance to the abssembled folk, instead surveying the forest. Starting with a half obliterated oran berry shrub, she stepped up to it, a green glow surrounding her. Leaves on the bush began to grow back, new sprouts slowly forming. After roughly half the bush had grown back, she stopped, evidently satisfied, and started to head towards the next detroyed plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom