• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Hoopa's Multiverse Madness [Roleplay Thread] - [Oct 25-30]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
After everything, after all the fighting, all the screaming, all the anguish... Violet had enough.
As far as she was concerned, there were only four people she could trust - people - Violet chuckled hollowly as that thought came to mind. Not even a single Pokémon.

Gen and Lilly, who she knew little of, but at least was certain of their goodhearted natures.
Hanako, who had solidarity in their shared history and home region, and...

She looked towards Lillie, and began dragging herself up to her, not even paying the slightest bit of mind to Vegeta. Lillie wasn't Azure. Violet knew that. She understood that this was someone else entirely - from a time and place she couldn't even begin to imagine - but she couldn't help but see him in her. Someone who was compassionate, yet courageous in their own way. Someone who knew what it was like to be sheltered, and done what they could to manage through it in their own. Someone who understood, when Violet sure as hell could not. Right then, all Violet could think about was wanting someone like that in her life back.

She was prepared to clutch as tightly as she could onto Lillie - an arm, a leg, it didn't matter, she was the only one who could help her understand...

She sat down beside them, feeling safe doing so for the first time since she had encountered them. She owed them an explanation...
But then, to Violet's continued surprise, Lillie sat down with Kazimir. The girl offered them civil conversation, peace... understanding. Violet stopped in her tracks, just short of the pair, and listened in closely.

She was shaking now. "The project was declared unsalvageable at that point. Instead of euthanizing them, my mother decided to freeze them. I-I didn't say anything, but my... my brother..." It was her first time calling him that. The word felt right, like a missing piece of the twin she'd never really understood had finally clicked.
Lillie had said many things; she spoke of much that Violet did not, could not possibly understand - a project of a time far away with concepts that were beyond her. However, there was at least one thing she understood: brother. She had always referred to him as 'sibling' up until then - why was that? More importantly though, it seems her brother had given Kazimir's species... "Null", as it was dubbed - a chance. A real one. But why...?
"...I suppose some cultists of your time found them, and... You know better than I what happened after that."
Was... Kazimir like herself and the others, too? Violet so desperately wanted to say that it was another lie, that Kaz was simply a deceiver and a monster, that all of this was nothing more than the result of her misplaced faith yet again, but...

Violet approached the pair, saying nothing, only shaking and doing her best to keep her chin up as she acknowledged the two with a simple nod. She would listen. She couldn't understand. But she wanted to understand.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Even death does not sway you from your ways. It is not surprising as to why you have so many enemies." A dark sneer made its way onto his face. "You have died once, and I would not hesitate to have you die a second time. Everyone would be better off because of it." He snarled in a low voice. He truly meant every word he was saying.

Vegeta stood her ground, sitting down, meeting Antares' glare with her own. She was entirely unfazed by his threat. "Then by all means, but you know I ain't just gonna let you. I might be small again, but I don't need some power up to beat you."

She looked towards Lillie, and began dragging herself up to her, not even paying the slightest bit of mind to Vegeta.

The Mudkip didn't try and stop her. It'd be better for her to get out of the way anyway, in case something happened again. Last thing they needed was someone undeserving to take a hit.

Lillie cast a glare towards the whiny Mudkip. "There was no battle to fight, except the one you chose to pick. Perhaps you should stop and think about how much your partner cares about you before you go throwing your own life away."

"..." Vegeta gave Lillie a sideways glance. She then looked back to Goku, who looked back to her. They shared a bit of silence, before Vegeta turned away, sucking her teeth. "Put the blame on me all you want. Doesn't change the fact that Kaz swung first, and I met it in kind. And like I said, I'd do it again."

Goku took a deep breath, moving to Vegeta's side. She looked more deadpanned than one would expect, but at least her shivering had stopped. "She knows I care for her, and I know she cares for me. I know she's overly aggressive, but I know why she is and why she can't change that. Still... I'm trying to help her get better."

She looked up at Antares, her deadpanned expression remaining. "But if you keep threatening to kill her, I won't just stand and watch the both of you fight. Not again. I should've stepped in sooner, against Kaz... It wouldn't have gotten as far as it did."

"Don't you start blaming yourself," Vegeta said. "That was against me and Kaz. It's good you stayed back, you woulda been hurt bad otherwise."

"Yeah," Goku muttered, sitting back down. "...But that doesn't change the fact that you got killed... I think..."

"I won't let it happen again, you got my word on that," Vegeta nodded, grinning. "There isn't anyone more qualified to watch you back than me, and I already said I'm not gonna leave you like a sitting duck either. Not even dying's gonna get in the way."

SilverPhoenix

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Now that was kinda just sad. Props for standing up for something, but Vegeta couldn't rate that hit very highly. "And I'd do it again in a goddamn heartbeat instead of cowering behind someone else so they die in my place. I don't need protection because I'm not so much of a weak, defenseless child to beg and cry for someone else fight my battles," she said, cold. "I know that isn't a concept you or anyone else here can wrap their head around, other than Kaz, at least."
Lilly stared for a second before walking back to her seat,
"G-Go and d-die then. I d-don't care a-about y-you.... E-especially n-not after y-you screamed at m--me...."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Vegeta stood her ground, sitting down, meeting Antares' glare with her own. She was entirely unfazed by his threat. "Then by all means, but you know I ain't just gonna let you. I might be small again, but I don't need some power up to beat you."

[[ CW: blood in the spoilered text ]]

He took a step forward, ready to kill Vegeta.

So easy. It would be so easy. He briefly imagined him sinking his fangs into her throat, and feeling the warm gush of blood that would come forth.

Or perhaps he could simply rip her limbs off...

She looked up at Antares, her deadpanned expression remaining. "But if you keep threatening to kill her, I won't just stand and watch the both of you fight.

Then he was forcibly put back in reality. He stared at Goku for a long time. "I see."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen hesitated, then waddled towards the group of Lillie, Violet, and Kaz, before doing his best to hug each of them.

SilverPhoenix

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Lilly also moves towards the same group in order to comfort them.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Gen hesitated, then waddled towards the group of Lillie, Violet, and Kaz, before doing his best to hug each of them.
Lilly also moves towards the same group in order to comfort them.
Violet felt the pair's warm embrace as the stress cooled melted down her fur. She glanced at the two of them, and though they certainly weren't her brother either, they were... at least kind enough to offer something like this. She gladly accepted the embrace, and held on for just a little bit longer than she anticipated before letting go with a nod. "Grame--thank you." She sniffled, teary eyed as she looked at the human and Type:Null once more. Time was ticking, but she wanted to at least understand them before she had to go.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
She sniffled, teary eyed as she looked at the human and Type:Null once more. Time was ticking, but she wanted to at least understand them before she had to go.
Lillie caught Violet's eye and smiled. "Yes? If you have anything you want to ask about, I'll answer. I have no reason to keep secrets anymore. If you just want to relax until Hoopa comes to get us, that's okay by me, too."

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Lillie caught Violet's eye and smiled. "Yes? If you have anything you want to ask about, I'll answer. I have no reason to keep secrets anymore. If you just want to relax until Hoopa comes to get us, that's okay by me, too."
"I was... not able to be here for the whole conversation, but, Kazimir... is like us, from what I am gathering...?" Violet looked at Lillie's gentle smile - it's just like his - as she continued, "I-I mean, not all of us, but... you know..."

There was one burning question, one last thing she wanted to ask above all else:
"Do you think... we will ever cross paths again?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"I was... not able to be here for the whole conversation, but, Kazimir... is like us, from what I am gathering...?" Violet looked at Lillie's gentle smile - it's just like his - as she continued, "I-I mean, not all of us, but... you know..."
"Kazimir's like you three. A human in a body not their own."

There was one burning question, one last thing she wanted to ask above all else:
"I don't know. Hopefully we can, if not... We'll have our memories."

Lillie caught herself biting her lower lip again. "Though if what happened to all of you is what ends up happening to people who travel like this too much, perhaps I'm safer if I don't. I'm not sure what to think of that."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I..." Gen said, hesitating before continuing, a tiny smile on his face. "I-I think we w-will."

SilverPhoenix

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
"Hopefully. Of course, n-none of u-us can s-see the f-future but..." Lilly looked up and smiled. "I k-know w-we will."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
You aren't a ponyta. This is the body of a Type: Null. The three of them I know, at least from the point in time I come from, are the only three in existence. My father wanted something that could protect the world from a newly-discovered sort of life form we called 'Ultra Beasts.' He genetically engineered what he thought would be a body adaptable enough to handle their unknown properties, and drew inspiration from Oricorio to give them the power to change their typing at will...
"The two they did freeze were supposed to stay frozen indefinitely, but nothing really lasts forever. Once all the humans of your era died out, it was only a matter of time before they thawed. I suppose some cultists of your time found them, and... You know better than I what happened after that."
Kaz listened to Lillie intently. "That... makes sense," she said, staring off into the distance. "We uncovered old research notes from Alola, dating back almost 1000 years ago, detailing the same thing. The High King wanted to use their power to win a war that had been waged for generations. I can't remember those final days clearly, but from what I remember, our attempt to draw out a beast to fight for us appeared successful; the creature was obedient and slaughtered armies like nothing else. Then, I think something happened. I don't know, I wasn't there—too busy bleeding out from an arrow would, you know?" Kaz chuckled at her own remark before she continued. "But something must've gone wrong, because the last time I saw that fool of a High King, he was terrified.

"The next thing I knew, I woke up in a cell after being stabbed by some kind of spiritual needle while a pair of pokémon were muttering about 'Ancients" and 'empty vessels'." She gestured towards the white marking on the base of her neck. "Apparently, this was a result of that."

Kaz stopped talking when she heard Violet speak up again, her voice lacking the bravado Kaz had associated it with. "Do you want me to?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Goku and Vegeta stayed by themselves. The comfort circle the others made for themselves didn't feel like it needed, or wanted in a case, either of them. The Riolu deflated, falling to the side to lean on Vegeta, who shuffled around to let her on her back more comfortably.

"...Let's get outta here," Vegeta muttered, getting a tired nod from Goku. "Maybe our next getaway won't be so bleh."

The duo trotted over to where Hoopa was, and Vegeta sat down. "Is the ring portal thing ready? We just go?"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
She gestured towards the white marking on the base of her neck. "Apparently, this was a result of that."
So in the end, she was a soldier... a knight. Just like Mother--no! Violet shook her head furiously. I cannot even think that! Not even Kaz was like her. "I... see..." She didn't forgive her. She couldn't after the metaphorical mask was lifted (even if the literal one was not), but... she understood. She finally understood.
Kaz stopped talking when she heard Violet speak up again, her voice lacking the bravado Kaz had associated it with. "Do you want me to?"
There it was. Violet stared at the ground and averted her eyes, clutching her shoulder as she did so. "To be honest... I do not know." Her eyes wandered as her sight landed upon each person and Pokémon around.
"I..." Gen said, hesitating before continuing, a tiny smile on his face. "I-I think we w-will."
"Hopefully. Of course, n-none of u-us can s-see the f-future but..." Lilly looked up and smiled. "I k-know w-we will."
Violet smiled. "There are absolutely some here that I would love to see once more. Perhaps under less... stressful circumstances," she commented, as her eyes went to Gen, Lilly, Lillie, and off to the side, towards Hana.

...On Vegeta, "While there are others that I cannot say; they have caused much pain," and then, onto Kaz once more, "...Regardless of intention." She exhaled, grabbing onto her cape and eyeing the clean cut edges at the bottom. "But I am still grateful to have at least met everyone. I have now have a better understanding of my place in this world... of what was, of what is, and of what may come. Heh... and it has only been a single day, no less."

She opened one her claws open and began cutting at the ridges of the cape as she spoke, "If we are to meet again, we must have a way that showing that it is... truly us. The ones that experienced all of this." The cuts were shaky and unrefined, but six pieces in total were formed. She stood up, and began to hand out four of them to each person around her. "Let this be a proof - not of kinship necessarily, but..."

razorcape.png
The small edge piece with a sharp curve at the bottom left was given to Gen, "A proof of resolve to return home."
The smallest, rightmost center piece with a sliver of gold was given to Lilly, "A proof of spirit in the midst of memory."
The cleanest cut center piece with the largest gold streak was given to Lillie, "A proof of golden understanding."
The largest, sharpest upper-left piece was given to Kaz, "...A proof of dauntlessness."
When she would find Hanako again, she would hand her the not-so-cleanly cut piece with gold on the bottom right, "And a proof of truth within the darkness."

That left only one piece.

The one on the upper right, neither the most cleanly cut nor the largest or sharpest, with but a small bit of gold marked its corner. She felt it as it fought against the wind, still clutched in claw. A part of her wanted to give it to Vegeta, but...

She let it go.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"But something must've gone wrong, because the last time I saw that fool of a High King, he was terrified.

"The next thing I knew, I woke up in a cell after being stabbed by some kind of spiritual needle while a pair of pokémon were muttering about 'Ancients" and 'empty vessels'." She gestured towards the white marking on the base of her neck. "Apparently, this was a result of that."
"Of course it went wrong for him... We left the idea unused for a reason. Augh... I guess we humans must be ancient to them. Good riddance."

"Do you want me to?"
"I would be happy to see you again, Kazimir. Perhaps at first I may have said I was your friend in case something happened, but at some point it started being true."

The cleanest cut center piece with the largest gold streak was given to Lillie, "A proof of golden understanding."
Lillie smiled, accepted the piece, and tied her hair back with it as she had before. "Thank you."

An idea occurred to her. She reached into her bag and pulled out a silvery hair ribbon. She had something more sentimental now, so instead...

"And for you, a proof of... of found family. A sort-of sisterhood, split across the centuries."

SilverPhoenix

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Lilly graciously accepted the peice of cape, putting it in a special compartment in her bag.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"And for you, a proof of... of found family. A sort-of sisterhood, split across the centuries."
Her shaky claws held onto the silver ribbon as she tied it around her good ear, fluttering just off the edge of the red Sneasel feather. Her voice still quivered as she made her last, bittersweet declaration, "I shall treasure it, forever and always!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I-I...th-thank you," Gen said with a warm smile, taking the piece Violet had offered him, and placing it in his bag. "Th-thank you, Violet."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom