• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] First Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
[[“Much’s I’d love to see Sours sink, I think it worth notin’ his loyalties ain’t contingent on if that hammer o’ his strikes true,” Desper said. If’n this day’d be his last, he may’s well try’n help save the good’n’s. “Too much to it. Maybe he don’t see anyun he wants dead, or since erryone’s so keen on that roleblocker feller, they might gun fer Sans the Carpé s’we’d ‘spect him.

“Or,” he suddenly turned to Diyem, puttin’ his paws up in surrender, “and I’m only sayin’ this for to be complete, but if he was Scum lyin’, only one of us winds up dead, he’d just say one’f us ‘tectors saved a life. Makes him look good’n makes us feel all warm’nside.”

He dropped his paws and got back t’drinkin’. He needed some relaxation, ‘n’e needed it now. “Now, three ‘f us wind up six feet under? Well, herd’s b’yond m’hoss.”]]

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
OOC: think there’s any way to integrate the idea of role pms into the rp? I was thinking we all got papers that we can read, but look blank to others. It could also explain how seers can see roles. They use their once a night power to sneak in and read. Just saw Namo talking about rereading his role pm and wondered how we’d respond to such claims in character.

Does the letters only we can read thing work for everyone else? I know it’s just flavor, but I wanna try and stay in character as much as I can going forward.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[["Ugh, as much as I hate to admit it, the oddly speaking Raichu does have a point. Only having one death isn't enough to go off of tomorrow. Yes, Diyem could be lying, but he could also be blocked, if the roleblocker is still around. Or there's a chance his attack could hit the same person that the mafia targets. Or he could get unlucky and target someone that our protectors targeted." He paused, clenching his jaw and flexing his claws. "I, for one, think he's innocent, but there's a lot of variables at play here."
]]
Note, Nip "hates to admit" that Desper might be right about something. Character flavor.

also, to answer your question, I think that could work. voice in your head could also work.

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie
At first I wondered how in the heck Ntairow could be keeping any sort of physical pamphlet when she is nude, doesn't carry any sort of bags or belts, and has little use for shelter. Then she figuratively smacked me upside the head with one of her bigass hands and reminded me that she has four of those and could thereby carry like multiple books' worth of notes if she had to.

So yeah, notes/pamphlets sound okay on my end!

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Oh, but please specify whether you saw "nobody" or saw "no result" if you happened to get either of those replies -- because a "no result"-like reading would confirm that there's a roleblocker in play and they blocked you. It's basically the difference between zero and null in programming.
i’d be cautious about reading too far into something like this. if they get blocked, i doubt it’ll be obvious from the wording of the result.

i definitely think you should shoot tonight, and i don’t think it particularly matters if you say who, though i probably wouldn’t personally. if it fails, i don’t think we should really read you as scummy for that since if the mafia has a blocker they may very well use it on you. but if it succeeds, that’s a good look.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
If two people die tonight, we have evidence he's innocent.

Just want to clarify that when I said this, that was all I meant. I acknowledge the possibility Namo could be roleblocked or swappy shenanigans could cause his target to be protected. However, if he gets a target, we'll know he's clear. And do go for a target. That way you'll be off the suspect list and you could very well get a mafia.

However, the very possible idea that Namo could feasibly be roleblocked still makes me believe it would be a good roleclaim for a mafia. I still defend my prior reasoning, but now I'm less sure he's scum because of how he's discussed the details of his role. I'll still be suspicious only one person dies, but I'll be far from wanting to lynch him on the spot.

...I'm not just saying this because I don't want Namo to kill me if he's the vigilante.

(At this point Jen has not realized they have literally taunted a dragon, but sooner or later it will dawn on them.)

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
For his part, Tefiren is bewildered at why some people are carrying a bunch of weirdly-shaped leaves stacked together and why they seem to think there's information on them, because he can't read and is from a time before writing was even a thing.

If we're still discussing Namo's credibility, I'd like to point out that regardless of what happens tonight, the way they misunderstood something in their role PM and had to clarify it to themselves like they just did is another point in their favour. That'd be difficult for a fakeclaimer to make up, and not something they'd even be likely to think to do.

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
Just gonna throw this out: @SparklingEspeon You there? We only need what you did and what you saw during Night 2. Even not seeing anything is useful. Oh, but please specify whether you saw "nobody" or saw "no result" if you happened to get either of those replies -- because a "no result"-like reading would confirm that there's a roleblocker in play and they blocked you. It's basically the difference between zero and null in programming.

I... actually did not view anyone last night. For the stupidest reason. I thought I had to be asked by Negrek to use a Night Action instead of making a request out of the blue, and Negrek just didn't ask me, so I didn't move at all during the night. Assuming I survive until tomorrow I'll have something then ;-;

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Qva mentioned the lack of an alternative wagon, but I think it’s because anyone arguing for her case would look suspicious at this point.
i hate to keep harping on this but i don’t agree with this and i think we should be more worried about it tbh. the only way mafia can win is by getting town to lynch itself to death, especially in cases when not doing so would result in the loss of one of their own. if the mafia is letting us pick off yet another of their rank in fear of being regarded as suspicious for even suggesting a non-dw lynch, they’re playing a fairly bad game imo.

i’m going to move my vote off tanuki for now and put it on, uhhh... nonanalogue for now. let’s see where that goes.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
i hate to keep harping on this but i don’t agree with this and i think we should be more worried about it tbh.
Just quoting here because I realize how bad that wording was. by "arguing for her case" I meant Dawning's case, not qva's. I agree that Mafia would do their best to disrupt a lynch, but aggressively gunning for a randy while everyone's kinda in agreement would look suspicious as fuck. In fact... it's part of what got a number of you suspicious of me.

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
Code:
-- Conversation initiated with WitchesBlue [FORTUNATA, FIAMETTA] --

[WB] i guess it kinda makes sense to take aim at me
[WB] though i dunno that theres anything i can say to counter it
[WB] just that it would be a misfire
[WB] i know i havent said much
[WB] but im tryin to do better about that

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Just quoting here because I realize how bad that wording was. by "arguing for her case" I meant Dawning's case, not qva's. I agree that Mafia would do their best to disrupt a lynch, but aggressively gunning for a randy while everyone's kinda in agreement would look suspicious as fuck. In fact... it's part of what got a number of you suspicious of me.
i get what you mean here, i just think, like... it might make them look suspicious if they were particularly uncareful about it, but that’s a risk i’d expect they’d take if the alternative was rolling over and letting yet another mafia member die. it’s possible dw is scum and their team just gave up as soon as the ball on then got rolling, but... it just seems unlikely, especially given that dw hasn’t even bothered defending themself and self-voted basically immediately even though the wagon wasn’t really near impossible to overturn yet. hmmm...

dw’s question about the hammer is kind of giving my feelings here some pause, though.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I... actually did not view anyone last night. For the stupidest reason. I thought I had to be asked by Negrek to use a Night Action instead of making a request out of the blue, and Negrek just didn't ask me, so I didn't move at all during the night. Assuming I survive until tomorrow I'll have something then ;-;
...Oh. I guess that explains why you didn't move on N0 either - you weren't prompted to so you just figured you weren't supposed to?

I'm no longer suspicious, this sounds genuine and not like something the mafia would make up.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
dw’s question about the hammer is kind of giving my feelings here some pause, though.
I would prefer town to have the full discussion time. If there were nightposts here (not being able to talk at night feels incredibly strange to me), then I wouldn't have bothered.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
[["Mayhaps there's's'm i'ny in what I'm sayin'," Desper began with a glance at the nebulous horizon, "but anyun who'd start throwin' gloves when we already gots a trial monkey'd look right foolish. They'd need some reason'ble doubt, but this jury's pretty hung."

After a long, sputtering drink from his bottle, he looked up at Lauch with a smirk. "Might be hard, but 'magine some'ne outta nowhere started shoutin' you down 's evil while we was all busy agreein' that Mister 'Fesser was guilty. On an' on, that rascal's railin'tchu fo' you can't tell why. Might he just seem a lil beyond in'cent, don't you think?"]]
it just seems unlikely, especially given that dw hasn’t even bothered defending themself and self-voted basically immediately
[["Didn' 'Fesser say summin 'bout some Jester role tha'd win if hung?" Desper tapped 'is chin in thought. "Man'y'all sayin' there's some new role in play, too, ain't'cha? I'd bet 'Fesser was bankin' on us fallin' f'that ploy, 'n' backin' out now'd seem mighty suspect."

Despite himself, he couldn't help ire in his eyes as he looked at the one in question. "Though y'ain't once missed'n opportunity to call me black, mone-sure Kettle." Anger gave way t'confusion as his brow shot up. "Hell, They'd've had plenty opportunity to get a wagon'gainst me rollin'n' they didn't."

A chuckle parted his lips'nto a smile. "I'll be a butter's free, my case builds isself." His chuckle faded, head fallin'ntil his hat co'ered his face. "Best guess's they ain't done's much thanks t'my claimin' protector." One paw held the brim of his hat down while the other gave him a long, slow drink from his bottle. "I 'ppreciate the gesture, Lauch, but that phone ain't done 'n'thing more'n you, callin' me guilty."

The little relief he got from the drink didn't last, thanks to his cursed 'tabolism. He must've drank more'n his maw could hold; some liquid dripped to the ground below him. "I'd greet that cute li'lun for y'all, but Lord knows we ain't goin' to the same place." Another long, burning drink from his bottle. Lived on the lamb all his life. Death wa'n't e'er far. He always knew that. Kept him 'live. Yet, seein' his trail's end up close'n personal was somethin' else.]]

Top Bottom