• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"While this meetup certainly went well, I'm gonna go find a place to nap," Zack let out a long yawn, then shook his body. He stretched again as he got up off the ground, then went off in some odd direction. It was a shame this place had so much cloud cover, if Zack had to go out of the village for some sun he would be very grumpy about it. Possibly.

Day 2: One and Two

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Status on the human world?" a Wartortle asked into a device with a connection orb at the top.

"Nothing seems to be off here," another voice spoke, coming from the device. "Though I still need to check the other regions."

"Can you check A-" a Meganium began, before cutting off, as a portal opened above the two. From it, a Buizel and Quilava fell, falling towards the ground.

"I'll have to ask you later. We just got two more arrivals," the Meganium said, as the two fallers crashed into the ground, though oddly they wouldn't feel any pain from it.

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
Wind swept across the area, taking fallen autumn leaves with it. Reds, yellows, oranges and browns were scattered around, an arrangement of fall surrounding the group that had suddenly appeared atop the hill.

A lone orange leaf leisurely glided in the air, swirling in its way from side to side until it fell on top of the buizel's nose. He slowly opened one eye, then another, focusing both in the small orange thing on his snout until he inevitably sneezed, causing it to fly away. He looked at it for a few more seconds, before stretching his body as if he had just woken up, involuntarily letting out a small yawn. Only then he realized that an autumn leave shouldn't have fallen near him, both because he hadn't been near a forest, and because it wasn't autumn in the first place. He looked at his companion laying sideways on the ground near him, as if he expected the other to come up with an explanation, but he was asleep too. The buizel got up, finally noticing the Meganium and Wartortle near, and right after the scenery surrounding the place. After a moment of confusion, he turned around and kicked the other.

The quilava's eyes opened wide as he let out a muffled whimper, grabbing his stomach where the kick had very well landed. After a few seconds of recovering his breath between gasping and coughing, he looked up at the other. "Wh~" He managed to articulate before coughing one more time.

The buizel crouched near the fire type, completely ignoring the other two pokémon despite having acknowledged their existence a second before. "Sorry! Promised your brother to wake you up like this the time I had the chance." He said, begging pardon as he apologetically rubbed the quilava's belly, wondering if he had gone a bit too far. At which the other simply glared at him, just before too noticing the two strangers near them.

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
As the Buizel kicked the Quilava, the Meganium hurried over. "Are you okay?" he asked. He then paused, before continuing, "Do you remember how you got here?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
A still-sleepy Luxray, who was snoozing nearby, grumbled awake from all the ruckus. Another new arrival? This place must've been popular or something. At least it was kinda funny to see one of them kick the other.

"Another batch of new arrivals? So soon?" Zack yawned. "...Is it soon? I've been trying to sleep for a while, I think." He waved a paw to the Buizel and Quilava, then rubbed his eye. "You two siblings or something?"

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
As the Buizel kicked the Quilava, the Meganium hurried over. "Are you okay?"
The quilava glared at her while still holding his stomach, wondering if they had not seen him just getting kicked in the gut. Still, he began to get up, albeit laying his weight on the buizel who had crouched down to give him support. Both of them stood after the awkward scene, before turning to their public.

He asked. He then paused, before continuing, "Do you remember how you got here?"

The buizel took a look around to find out where was 'here'. Like he suspected, he had absolutely no idea where this place was. "I don't know, we were asleep I think...?" He turned to the other to seek confirmation, at which the fire type just nodded, before adding a bit of his own: "If you are asking, no, we usually don't wake up in a completely different place because of sleeping for too long, but I guess you have an explanation." He commented, eyeing the connection orb device as he laid his weight on the other, passing his arm over the buizel's shoulders.

"You two siblings or something?"

A single "Eh?" came of two mouths simultaneously as the duo looked at the luxray newcomer, trying to understand the question. Finally, the buizel seemed to get it. "Oh, no, his brother asked me to kick him. We aren't related, just friends." At which the quilava muthered something so low no one but the weasel could hear. Whatever he said, made the water type smirk. A second after that, the quilava stood straight, though still supporting himself on the other, and made the actual question; "Who are you all and why are we here?"

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I'm Lidequir, and my partner here is Acacia! We're Team Seedlings!" The Wartortle said.

"In short, a lot of Pokemon from other worlds have been appearing here lately, and we have no idea why. We're working on finding a way to get you all home, though," the Meganium said.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Those can all speak for themselves. I came here to drag someone back to my world... But I figured I might as well spend some time to relax and see the, uh, constant cloud-covered sights," Zack grumbled, laying on the ground. "Oh, and I guess I'm also stuck here until the others have safe passage home, which now includes you two," he said, pointing a paw at the Buizel and Quilava.

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
"I'm Lidequir, and my partner here is Acacia! We're Team Seedlings!" The Wartortle said.
The quilava frowned, no matter how he saw it, he couldn't find what did the Wartortle have to be with seedlings. Probably something on their past that gave them that name or so. After a second of hesitation, he took his arm off the buizel, causing the water type to give him a worried look, but managed to stand fairly steady on his own. Still, he felt his knees a bit weak, that had been one nasty kick to the gut. He then pointed at his chest, but took a second before saying his name, as if he was thinking about something out of the blue, but continued soon enough. "Hearts, my name is Hearts. And this is Toby." He then said, pointing at the water type, who waved at the others with both paws and tails, the last one causing his always wet fur to splash the quilava's face with small drops of cold water, making the other cringe a second as he felt a chill thanks to the icy contact.
"In short, a lot of Pokemon from other worlds have been appearing here lately, and we have no idea why. We're working on finding a way to get you all home, though," the Meganium said.
"Those can all speak for themselves. I came here to drag someone back to my world... But I figured I might as well spend some time to relax and see the, uh, constant cloud-covered sights," Zack grumbled, laying on the ground. "Oh, and I guess I'm also stuck here until the others have safe passage home, which now includes you two," he said, pointing a paw at the Buizel and Quilava.
...Sure, other worlds. I knew I shouldn't have eaten that cake yesterday, it must have done something to my head. Despite the thought, Hearts showed no sign of incredulity on his face, almost as if that idea belonged to someone else. However, the quilava threw a side glare at the other, looking at him through his blue eye as if he was asking a silent question.
Toby on his end, didn't seem to notice the glare his friend threw him, probably because he had his back turned at him. The buizel had started walking towards the strange machine, before stopping close to it, seeming more curious than worried or incredulous like the fire type was. He was so absorbed in it he almost missed the luxray's own explanation but turned his head towards him. He then looked at the horizon, where all the so said clouds were looming over the place. "Yeah, pretty sight." He didn't seem to be sarcastic.
Hearts however narrowed his eyes slightly, as if he was considering whatever the electric type had meant. "So you too ended up here by... accident, or was it something else?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Hearts however narrowed his eyes slightly, as if he was considering whatever the electric type had meant. "So you too ended up here by... accident, or was it something else?"

"I just said I came here by myself, but if you must know the specifics..." Zack yawned, then shrugged. "I don't remember. Or rather I don't care to remember. I haven't gotten enough sleep yet and my memories are kinda fuzzy." Although that's honestly all Zack had done since he got here, he wasn't exactly exaggerating.

"Mmnnn... might not be smart to piss more people off on accident," he muttered under his breath, then cleared his throat. "It's top secret, is what I mean to say," he... explained, if you want to call that an explanation. It didn't look like he wanted to elaborate on it any further than that.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Anyways, it's getting late. Come along with us, we'll find homes for you two until we get everything sorted out," Acacia said, beginning to walk down the street with Lidequir.

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
"It's top secret, is what I mean to say," he... explained, if you want to call that an explanation. It didn't look like he wanted to elaborate on it any further than that.
Hearts just shook his head as he began to feel the familiar knot of conflicted feelings in his chest, deciding to not press in the matter further in a moment like this. The quilava looked up at the cloudy sky as if he expected an answer to his problems to just fall down the heavenly vault and let him be, but obviously, nothing happened and he nearly missed what Acacia said. Toby on his side stood straight again when he heard the meganium, before looking in the direction Acacia had gone to, and walked back to his friend, snapping his finger in front of his eyes to get back his attention. "Shall we go?" Hearts blinked, and looked back at the other as if he wondered why would he follow a stranger so easily, but then remembered it was Toby he was talking to. The quilava sighed, unintentionally letting out a puff of smoke as he did, before nodding and starting to walk in that direction too, closely followed by the sea weasel. He paused when passing next to Zack, looking at the luxray. "You coming?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Mmmm... nah, you guys go ahead and do whatever you want. If, for some reason I still can't think of, I wanna see either of you, I'll probably bump into you somewhere," Zack yawned, flopping onto his side. "Have fun house hunting, and whatever else you plan on doing."

What a nice couple o' kids. Polite, considerate... really just those two things.

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
Hearts shrugged, before continuing his way down the hill, though Toby was now in front of him and walking so quickly the quilava would have said he was running a sort of race if he didn't know him better. Actually, knowing him, he probably was running an unspoken race against him. Hearts smirked, before dropping to all fours and bolting behind just as the other too began running, typical.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
<><><><><><><>​