• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Chappie really could not do anything in this situation. She knew that she could not launch an attack at the Tyrunt without also harming the human, and that was something she definitely didn't want to do.

It brought to mind the question of why this Tyrunt was being so aggressive. Perhaps this... world, or whatever it was, had already begun taking its toll on some of them.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The tail swung towards the face again, but as it did, the head chomped down on it. Immediately, they let out a yelp, dropping their tail.

"GAH! That hurt!" it cried.

Maybe you shouldn't have bit us then! That stings!

MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP SMACKING YOUR TAIL AGAINST ME THEN!

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
Spark, seemingly oblivious to whatever was going on around her, stood at one end of the plane. All the fighting and scuffling was nothing more than noise as she worked away. Her tiny paws tugged at the malleable ground, dragging it up around her. It never stayed for long, springing back to a boring, flat surface with an arrogant 'boing!'

The tiny dedenne muttered to herself and scratched behind one of her ears. At this rate she was never going to manage to build a fort. Her eye wandered warily to the hydreigon lying a few feet away. It couldn't be him, could it? She trembled at the thought and rubbed her stomach. It must have been thirty minutes since she'd last eaten something. She was starving.

She returned once more to tugging at the ground in an obsessive fashion, keeping one wary eye on the hulking dragon.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
She returned once more to tugging at the ground in an obsessive fashion, keeping one wary eye on the hulking dragon.

He certainly noticed. His main head turned and started to watch Spark unblinkingly, neutrally, and he drifted, inch by inch, toward her. "Yes?" he asked in a low, growling voice meant to intimidate. "And what are you doing, hmm?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
The fierce Pokemon lunged for Wes again. He managed to land another glancing blow on its shoulder before springing backwards, then--

SMACK.

Wes had been so focused on the flashing fangs, he'd forgotten about the tail. It slapped him across his arm and the side of his head, sending him sprawling. Lights danced in his vision, the feline Pokemon tumbled from his arms with a yowl, and he felt the knife slip from his hand.

No, wait, shi--

The ground rushed up to meet him and slammed into his back, driving the breath from his lungs. His mind was screaming at him to jump to his feet, to move, get up, get away, dammit, but his head was spinning from the blow, he couldn't tell which way was up or down--

And then, just as he was able to breathe again, he saw the shadow of the reptilian Pokemon looming over him.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Yes! Victory! The trainer had been vanquished and she reigned supreme! The boy lay on his back, seemingly submissive. Throwing her head back, she roared with delight. Then she fell quiet and eyed the man carefully. He'd put up an impressive fight.

Rumbling in delight, she trotted over to him. She peered down at his face for a long second, then nuzzled his cheek lightly before stepping back. "You're a pretty cool human. You must be a good trainer," she declared, pleased.

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
He certainly noticed. His main head turned and started to watch Spark unblinkingly, neutrally, and he drifted, inch by inch, toward her. "Yes?" he asked in a low, growling voice meant to intimidate. "And what are you doing, hmm?"
Spark stiffened and looked up at the large dragon. Her nose twitched and she narrowed her eyes into slits.

"What does it look like?! I'm building a fort so I can work out some way to protect everyone here from YOU!" Her whiskers crackled dangerously, sending stray sparks flying across the plain. "You've already taken over my world, so what's to stop you trying to take over this one, huh?!"

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
Spark's whiskers twitched and she swished her tail as an uncontrollable rage boiled up inside her.
"Little one?" Her eyes flashed with electricity. "Little one?! I'll show you 'little', tyrant!"
Electricity flashed across the plain, engulfing the dragon and any unfortunate enough to get caught in her discharge. Once it had dissipated, she swiped her tail behind her, crackling with sparking remnants of her attack.
"As for who I think you are..." She cleared her throat and rubbed behind one ear. "Perhaps I was mistaken." She pointed a claw at the dragon. "But never EVER call me small!"

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Mewtwo had just enough memory of last time to not be so alarmed when he suddenly popped into another inescapable, physics-breaking space. However, this was possibly more annoying than the previous "game".

Upon materializing, he took into the air, away from the other beings. To his great dismay, he saw that there were more people than last time. To his even greater dismay, some were humans. Now he knew for sure no being from his world was trying this as prank--none would dare put him in the vicinity of a human.

(Mewtwo tried to call up his full strength, but couldn't. He still had levitation and limited telekinesis; he could telepathically communicate but couldn't get more than the most basic Psychic reads. It must have been like that in the last "game", but his memory was blurry. The humans here didn't look more at him than the Pokemon--he could still defend himself because he was still Mewtwo--)

(mewtwo crushed by heavy armor wires and metal joints jabbing into his skin trying to move fly away he was subdued restrained immobile around him humans humans humans)

(after the last place, the last "game"--floating, formless and powerless in a void of black)

Mewtwo hurled himself into the air. He didn't come across an impenetrable field of force like in the last place, but at a certain point he couldn't increase the distance between him and beings down below. He halted his upward surge and drifted in circles. Thankfully, while there were more people, they mostly seemed engaged in their own affairs.

Eventually, Mewtwo twitched his tail and descended. So a strange force wanted him to play some game--fine. He just wanted this over with. Keeping his thoughts and emotions to himself for now, he more closely examined the other beings. Eighteen in total--five humans and thirteen Pokemon. (Including a Legendary and two others who gave him odd Psychic readings. One had multiple consciousness, but those consciousnesses seemed in struggle with each other. Another being who wasn't human, but who seemed different from a Pokemon in a way Mewtwo couldn't quite grasp.)

He wouldn't be able to do much today; no player--including himself--knew the rules of this game yet. But he paid special attention to the humans, especially the two most mature. One, a female with odd light-colored hair, he had half-paid attention to her speaking with others. Something... it reminded him of a Rocket.

(Mewtwo growled lowly, tensing and curling into himself mid-air.)

As for the other human, his scent irritated Mewtwo's stomach. However, the human seemed to be a source of information Mewtwo could eavesdrop on.

Seeing how others had been manipulated the gray plain, Mewtwo attempted the same. He made himself a den perched atop a tall column, whose entrance was an opening through the ceiling. Sound carried well in this place, so he was able to retreat to darkness and listen, until night came and he could try to seize an opportunity to act.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Yes! Victory! The trainer had been vanquished and she reigned supreme! The boy lay on his back, seemingly submissive. Throwing her head back, she roared with delight. Then she fell quiet and eyed the man carefully. He'd put up an impressive fight.

Rumbling in delight, she trotted over to him. She peered down at his face for a long second, then nuzzled his cheek lightly before stepping back. "You're a pretty cool human. You must be a good trainer," she declared, pleased.

The Pokemon leaned in, and for a moment Wes braced himself for the worst. If this was a dream, he supposed it didn't matter if he died or not, but by Arceus, everything had felt so real so far; his head was still spinning and his shoulder was throbbing from the creature's tail. He'd had strange and vivid dreams plenty of times --his nightmares were often far too convincing for his liking-- but this...this was an entirely different level of real. Was this not a dream after all? And if it wasn't actually a dream...was he about to actually get eaten--?!

But instead of opening it's jaws wide...the Pokemon nuzzled him before stepping back. "You're a pretty cool human. You must be a good trainer."

Dumbfounded, Wes could only stare for a moment before sitting up, suppressing a wince at what was sure to be a few impressive bruises later. He gaped at the Pokemon until he found his voice.

"So," he croaked hoarsely, "you talk, too."

What the hell is happening.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Rascal snorted in amusement. Humans. So dramatic. They always acted like she was going to kill them or something. She's never tried but she was pretty sure humans didn't even taste good.

"So," he croaked hoarsely, "you talk, too."

She let out a raspy noise, similar to a chuckle. "Yeah right, I've always talked," she rumbled, correcting him. "I guess you can understand me here."

How strange. Where was this place anyway? A place filled with beings, some of who were neither pokemon nor trainer. WHatever was going on, she really hoped it involved more fun, and more fights like this one.

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Obviously I'm not going to assume the fact this guy's a shithead means anything for the game, but that doesn't mean he's not a shithead."

Jesse smirked to himself at that. What could he say? Downright fucking reasonable. Still, fuck you, Ambrose.

"Yeah, well, I got murdered in my sleep last time too, but at least we won. Not that it even matters who wins these fucking things. There's no winning against the real enemy here."

Jesse grimaced. "Right. All I could do last time was chew out some fuckin' desk jockey fer the entities as set up the damn thing, an' my intuition says they ain't the same as set this up. Guess we're just downright unlucky, huh. Multiversal bullshit at its goddamn finest."

"Oh, how similar you two are. I suppose it isn't my business what relationship you two once had... But I do think, if we wind up being allies, we'll have to work together, won't we?"

Jesse gave a cold, single, upward nod of acknowledgment. "Yeah, is the idea of havin' a colleague whose guts y'fuckin' hate a novel idea t'you or somethin'? Yer a lucky bastard, then, partner."

The red delphox scoffed, and turned to look at the crowd again. A fight had broken out between a couple of those present. A verbal dispute elsewhere... An argument about fashion over there...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Alexander found it cute, even as the electricity danced across his scales and over his wings. The tendrils that made up his flight had faltered only briefly, and then he drifted away. "Good luck keeping your composure in this game, little one."

He drifted back to the Delphox, shaking his head. "It does seem like a motley group that had been gathered here," he commented. "I do wonder what they're capable of..."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
"Yeah right, I've always talked," she rumbled, correcting him. "I guess you can understand me here."

Wes got to his feet, still processing. Of course Pokemon talked, but he'd never been able to understand them before...and yet, as he took a moment to look around, it seemed that everyone was conversing with one another, humans and Pokemon alike. Even that odd blue creature was conversing with someone. Was he the only one weirded out by this? Why could everyone understand each other here? And...where was "here", anyway? How had he ended up in this place?

Too many questions. They were starting to give him a headache. Wes wracked his brain for answers and thought he could vaguely remember a bodiless voice that had same something about...surviving? Even then, he only had more questions than he had answers.

Well. Screw it. If his ticket out of here was survival, then he would do whatever was necessary to get back to his Pokemon, his family. He'd navigated life on the streets as a child, he'd weathered the harsh Orre desert, he'd escaped the hell that was Snagem, and dammit, he'd get through this, too. No matter what.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ah crap. He'd overslept. He had a lot of paperwork to catch up on, didn't he? He was supposed to have finished it yesterday; the head of operations was gonna be out for blood.

...Eh, he'd get Seb to cover for him, as usual. No worries.

Lexx sat up, stretched, and... oh. Featureless white void. That was new. Maybe he was still dreaming. His senses all felt normal, though. Lucid dream then? He'd never been any good at that...

By now he could hear voices, and when he squinted, a dozen or so figures, both human and Pokemon, suddenly came into view in the distance. Well, even if this was a dream, no reason not to say hello.

Lexx stood up and wandered in their direction, calling out, "Hey there! Any idea where we are?"

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
The humming sound of electricity was enough to draw Kyros out of his now-furnished home. He paused for a moment, watching the encounter before calling out, loud enough for anyone nearby to hear, "As fun as it is to watch you all fight, don't you think making enemies when we don't even know why we're here yet is a bit... Foolish?"

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"The lad's right!" Altair called from the topmast. "What's the point of the game if we're just gonna jump at each other's throats before it even starts?"

Lexx stood up and wandered in their direction, calling out, "Hey there! Any idea where we are?"

"Beats me. Probably the afterlife," Altair replied in a sarcastic tone.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Hey there! Any idea where we are?"

"I have no fuc-"
Arctozolt began, before being cut off by another tail slap to the head.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Hmm. Some kind of shared dreamscape, maybe? Lexx was pretty sure he'd read about that before. Some Pokemon were capable of generating those. He'd have to do some research on it once he woke up, though.

He took a moment to survey the group--mostly Pokemon, now that he got a better look. Only a few humans--a guy maybe a couple years older than him. Girl his age in a school uniform. An elegantly-dressed woman with Some tired, middle-aged guy. The rest were all Pokemon, aside from the alien (?). Also... Mewtwo. Now that was unexpected. Also, it also took him a sec to realize the Pokemon weren't speaking Pokespeech. Weird detail... some kind of psychic trick?

Well, he was here, might as well see how much he could learn before the dream ended.

Lexx crossed his arms behind his head. "Cool cool, so am I the odd one out, or did any of you already know each other?"

Top Bottom