• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Ambrose," he barked. "I think y'grew an inch or two. You save that world yet?"
He recognized him. Why the fuck did Jesse recognize him, when he'd been a fucking Poochyena when...

...Right. He'd watched those memories from back home.

Dave clenched his fists. One downside to being human was he probably didn't qualify as a Dark-type anymore, did he. Would the board game dimension allow him to just freely root around in people's heads? Wouldn't that kind of defeat the whole point of the fucking game? One would hope they'd managed to figure that one out, but he didn't exactly have a lot of faith in the fuckers, especially given they were apparently determined to spite him personally.

"Well, we were working on it, until I got pulled into this shit again," he said, gesturing at everything. "You sure seem exactly the same. Got any flagrant privacy violations to commit?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Nah, I don't expect so, partner," drawled Jesse. "I'm in the same position as yerself and everyone else stuck here. We play the game. We maybe-die. We maybe-live. And if we're damn lucky, we get t'go home after."

He rested a fist on his hip and looked appraisingly at Dave with his own head cocked. The fella had an edge to him. Sure, that was probably just down to how he was built, but he sure seemed a specific kind of angry that wasn't surprised in the least.

"How many of these fuckin' things have you been through, Ambrose? Any idea why they happen, or how t'get the fuck out of this shit an' back to our respective business?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
In his head, Jesse was already keeping track of who was who. Shortly, he'd manifest a chalkboard, consult his mental notes, and get it all written up for the sake of everyone else, perhaps.
Jesse's Character TrackerAlexander | Hydreigon | he/him | NamohysipAltair | Yamask | he/him | InkedustArctozolt | they/them plural | IFBenchChappie | Luxio | she/her | AbraPunk
Dave | Human | he/him | DragonfreeFusion | Frieza-Race | he/him | FusionJesse | Red Delphox |he/him | unrepentantAuthorKyros | Litten | he/him | windskullLance | Lucario | he/him | Navarchu
Lexx | Human | he/him | Chibi PikaLusamine | Human | she/her | Shiny PhantumpMewtwo | he/him | EquitialMiyako | Human | she/her | SerenNamco | Lugia | she/her | Mellow
Nefari | Nickit | F | DawningWindsRascal | Tyrunt | she/her | Flyg0nTefiren | Archopy | he/him | elyvorgSpark | Dedenne | she/her | DeliriousAbsolWes | Human | he/him | HelloYellow17

Fusion, still in awe of his magic flying cloud of all things, took the time to read over the chalkboard. How this fox guy managed to get it all down so fast was impressive, admirable even, but...

"Hey, uh... you put my name down twice? And what the hell are some of these... I'm gonna say names? Whatever those last words in each box is, some of them have goddamn numbers. I didn't sign up for literary math."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave narrowed his eyes as Jesse cocked his head at him. "Third time. There's a bunch of ethereal assholes just doing this regularly because they get off on making people play shitty games. I don't know if you heard the one with the Archopy over there earlier" - he pointed at the tree - "took me a bit the first time through, but sometimes if you pay attention you'll hear them talking. And if you have any objections to being reduced to their fucking Monopoly thimble, they're basically omnipotent, so don't bother trying." He looked away, folding his arms. "We go back to where we were with no memory of any of this when the game is done. Just have to get it over with. I don't know why they haven't started it yet."

Knowing the board game gods, probably just to fuck with them.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
So many weird people... a few humans, some weird pokemon, and soething that were not human. And a... she didn't know much about pokemon like her trainer did, but she did see an abomination that- Was that a fellow ancient Pokemon? It almost seemed like one, yet not. Huh. And a weird fox, talking to a human. Some creature in a pink shirt, a weird purple psychic pokemon and plenty of others.

Nothing here made any sense. Huffing in annoynace, she took another look around again.

Eventually, her gaze landed on perhaps the only person with a normal looking outfit: dark trenchcoat and boots, goggles on his head, white hair. And a weird accesory on one arm. Finally! Now there was something that made sense! Out of every human, except for maybe that weird lady with the hair, he seemed the most normal.

Rascal made a beeline for him.

After a moment of numb shock, Wes managed to choke out a disbelieving laugh and mutter under his breath.

“Oh, hell.”

As she approached, she let out a sharp roar in greeting. To some pokemon, it might have sounded like a normal way to introduce oneself. Maybe not to a human, though. Not that she'd ever cared about that.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Those two were going to be a problem. He drifted toward the human and the Delphox, who carried himself like what he believed were how humans carried themselves, and all three of his heads frowned. "Animosity before you even know whether you'll be enemies? Perhaps you intend to lose together." His main head smirked, but the smaller two only stared.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Third time. There's a bunch of ethereal assholes just doing this regularly because they get off on making people play shitty games.

Jesse nodded, mouth twisting into a dry grimace. This was gonna be an experience and half. And to think. One of them could be out to kill the other, once the game started. Or not. Briefly, he wondered which would be worse. Having to take the fucker on, or having to work with him.

"Animosity before you even know whether you'll be enemies? Perhaps you intend to lose together."

Jesse curled his lip a little at the hydreigon. "Listen, pal, if this here exchange meets yer definition of animosity I'd hate t'see yer reaction to the last time this fella an' myself crossed paths. Just who are you, anyway? I suppose y'must be a goddamn expert?"

He turned back to Dave.

"You're a prick, Ambrose. That don't mean I relish you goin' through this shit more'n anyone else. Best of luck t'ya, honestly."

He scoffed subtly and shook his head just slightly.

"Twice already, huh? Just the once fer me. And it was... Gods, it was rough. Didn't even get t'see it end properly. I had a victory all but secured an' then I got murdered in my fuckin' sleep an' half a dozen bullshit tricks fired off at once while I was out an' it all went the way of the fuckin' killers. Felt cheap. Damn fuckin' cheap."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Wes wondered if he ought to stay, or bail out before anyone saw him. It was one thing to see the insanity, but to participate in it was another entirely.

He was just about to walk away when he spotted one of the Pokémon padding right up to him. Damn. He’d been noticed.

He’d never seen this Pokémon before; it was a feline of some sort, a little bigger than Neo or Novo, his Eeveelutions. The Pokémon stopped at his feet and tilted their head back, then...spoke.

"...Er, hello. You, uh, you're a human, right?"

Talking. It has just talked. To him. As casual as you please. Wes stared dumbly for a second. Should he talk back to it? Would he look insane for doing so?

Oh, screw it. This was just a dream, anyway.

“Yeah?” he mumbled as he rubbed the back of his head. “What else would I be?”

He suddenly realized that was maybe a bit rude, so he hastily added, “Um, sorry. Yeah I’m human.” He frowned at the feline. “And what are you?”

...Dammit, that was probably rude, too.

The Pokémon didn’t have time to respond, though, because suddenly the ground quivered under both of their feet. Wes looked up and saw one of the most terrifying things he’d ever seen: another Pokémon, with a horrifying set of teeth, charging straight at him.

Oh, hell, this was a nightmare after all.

In an instant, Wes seized the first Pokémon and tucked them under one arm before scrambling backward, ignoring their surprised yelp. The other Pokémon was in front of them in an instant, but instead of lunging for him with snapping jaws, it stood tall on its two legs and bellowed, ruffling his hair with the force of its hot breath.

Instinct took over. Knowing he had no chance of outrunning this thing, Wes seized his Skarmory knife from his belt and brandished it at the ferocious creature with a snarl.

“Stay back!”

[Note: Wes internally refers to most Pokémon as “it” until he knows their gender. He is not aware of how offensive this is; it’s an unfortunate side effect of him being raised in a gang of Pokémon traffickers and abusers.]

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Instinct took over. Knowing he had no chance of outrunning this thing, Wes seized his Skarmory knife from his belt and brandished it at the ferocious creature with a snarl.
As soon as she roared at the trainer-human, he proceeded to leap away and brandish some sort of weapon at her. Oh! So he liked to fight? Finally. A human with a backbone! It had taken Koa forever to grow one, and stop running when she provoked him. This human learned quickly! "I like you!" she growled.

Lowering her head she snarled at him, a frightening sound, though her eyes glinted with pure delight instead of menace. Slowly she advanced, tail swishing as she kept her eyes on the knife. Then she dashed at him to try and nip at his ankle. Humans were soft, this much she knew from her own trainer, so she made sure not to put any real force into the action. In fact, the gesture was more playful than anything. Though it may not have seemed that way if you didn't know her well.

This would be a test, to see how fast he was on his feet, if he could dodge or take a hit.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Suddenly, the Arctozolt began running towards Wes.

"Hey! What are you doing! Stop!" they yelled at themselves.

I'm stopping that Tyrunt!

IT'S A PLAYFUL BITE YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Wes felt the Pokémon under his arm squirm a little, but he held tight. He wasn’t about to let this rampaging predator eat him or the feline—at least, not if he could help it.

Then the raptor spoke. “I like you!”

Like me? For what, dinner?!

The Pokémon lowered its head and looked Wes dead in the eye, and suddenly Wes understood. He took note of the lashing tail, the crouched position; he’d seen this from Nani so many times by now. This Pokémon was challenging him.

Yeah, okay. Like hell he was going to take it up on tha—

Snap!

Wes barely moved in time to dodge the flash of fangs. With a snarl, he lashed out with his blade, just barely nicking the side of its head. Maybe if he could scare it off—

More movement at the edge of his vision. Something else was hurtling towards him, but he didn’t dare take his eyes off the creature before him to see who—or what—it was.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Fusion watched everyone else interact, the hate-hate-rivalry between that fox cowboy and that angry guy, that dinosaur biting the dude with the wicked hair, the... thing hitting itself with it's tail... "...How many timelines have I fought through and yet I'm still surprised at the nonsense I drop in on?"

Frankly, he was disappointed that he hadn't seen everything. Was it really too much to ask for sanity on one of these jobs?

From the sound of it, though, some of these were regulars to this place, so there wasn't anything to worry about in terms of getting out. But the name of this... game, Mafia... that didn't bode well. Or the mention of killers. Yeah, dying was always a possibility, but Fusion knew he wasn't at his strongest here, and dying was not fun. Maybe if he made friends... he wouldn't get killed as bad? Definitely better than making enemies.

Shame everyone looked busy, uh, stumbling over themselves... Aside from the cowboy and aggressive guy.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hi, all! Hope you've been enjoying the pre-game RP phase. I have an update about game scheduling. Based on how setup's going, I'm going to officially announce that the start of the game proper will be at midnight May 4th UTC/8 PM May 3rd EST, or about 49.5 hours from this post. For your convenience, this countdown will tell you how much time you have until the start of the first night.

I've had a lot of fun putting this game together, and I think it's going to be a great one! I look forward to kicking things off properly in a couple days.

@windskull @AbraPunk @DawningWinds @IFBench @Seren @Equitial @DeliriousAbsol @Fusion @Namohysip @Navarchu @Mellow @Inkedust @Shiny Phantump @unrepentantAuthor @Chibi Pika @Dragonfree @elyvorg @HelloYellow17 @Flyg0n

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Wes barely moved in time to dodge the flash of fangs. With a snarl, he lashed out with his blade, just barely nicking the side of its head. Maybe if he could scare it off—

Rascal felt the knife graze her scales, which stung a bit but didn't do any real damage. Hey, this guy wasn't bad! He'd even dodged her first attack.

She grinned at and rumbled with delight. Then she charged him head on. Just as she was within reach she twisted to the side and jumped, swinging her tail at the hand holding the knife.

Who knew this strange would end up being so much fun!

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"She'd not been two weeks from shore
When down on her a right—"

Altair's shanty was cut by the sound of an intense roar, snapping him back to the empty world. Looking over to his right, Altair saw a human—awkwardly carrying a luxio in one arm whilst brandishing a knife with the other—squaring up against the tyrunt he saw a bit earlier. Running straight towards them was the mismatched shivering thing, screaming at itself, making it clear to Altair that it was not right in the head. Altair groaned, of course they had to do it here of all places. Kyogre forbid that he enjoy himself for once.

Wrapping his tail tighter around the bowsprit to keep his balance, Altair turned towards the commotion; raising his wing-like arms to draw more attention and shouted, "Oh, for the love of Manaphy's balls, could you SHUT YER FUCKING YAPS ALREADY?!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Things were still going their usual-chaotic ways, no one else seemed to noticed the voice in the sky talking about time and whatever so Fusion didn't mention that. He was just getting used to all this when that funny looking bird lost his fucking shit. Damn near fell off of Nimbus.

"By the length of Shenron, everyone's either angry or off their fucking rocker," he muttered, then cleared his throat, approaching the angry bird. "I don't think matching them in volume is really gonna stop. Why not, like, make yourself some earmuffs? You have ears, right? I can't really tell since you look like someone dropped a bucket a teen angst on a raven."

That... was probably more snippy than Fusion intended, but he was thinking about that this entire time, so maybe he just wanted to get it out while he had the chance.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I hate this place already," the chimera said, continuing to run towards Wes.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
I can't really tell since you look like someone dropped a bucket a teen angst on a raven.
Lusamine suppressed a laugh. This was much more entertaining than anything she'd be handling back home.

"My, those are bold words from someone who looks to have drenched himself in blue paint before getting dressed with clothes out of the dumpster behind a thrift store."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
The hell is a raven? "What? Never seen a yamask before?" Altair teased, pride wounded by the strange pokémon's comment. "Besides, why would I deafen and leave myself vulnerable to the world around me—considering the little game that we're going to play?" Altair said with a dark smile. "I made that mistake before and it's not one I intend to make again." With a small, near unnoticeable, motion Altair lifted a talon towards the light leaking from his body.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Those two were going to be a problem. He drifted toward the human and the Delphox, who carried himself like what he believed were how humans carried themselves, and all three of his heads frowned. "Animosity before you even know whether you'll be enemies? Perhaps you intend to lose together." His main head smirked, but the smaller two only stared.
Dave's head snapped towards the Hydreigon. "Sorry, I think I missed where this became any of your fucking business." He looked critically at the dragon and his sockpuppet-heads. God, what a creepy Pokémon. "Obviously I'm not going to assume the fact this guy's a shithead means anything for the game, but that doesn't mean he's not a shithead."

"You're a prick, Ambrose. That don't mean I relish you goin' through this shit more'n anyone else. Best of luck t'ya, honestly."

He scoffed subtly and shook his head just slightly.

"Twice already, huh? Just the once fer me. And it was... Gods, it was rough. Didn't even get t'see it end properly. I had a victory all but secured an' then I got murdered in my fuckin' sleep an' half a dozen bullshit tricks fired off at once while I was out an' it all went the way of the fuckin' killers. Felt cheap. Damn fuckin' cheap."
Why the fuck was Jesse wishing him luck? Like the fucker hadn't dived into Dave's fucking brain to prove he secretly wanted to murder his kids too? He was seriously going to stand there and do the fucking good sportsmanship handshake, like he was going to be the bigger man in some petty disagreement?

At least he didn't wait for Dave to dignify that with a response. "Yeah, well, I got murdered in my sleep last time too, but at least we won." For a moment, a flash of the horrid cold sensation of dissolving piece by piece while he clung to Mia's ghost. "Not that it even matters who wins these fucking things. There's no winning against the real enemy here."

He wondered fleetingly if Team Spectrum'd be able to kick the shit out of the board game gods, the way they kicked the asses of all the god-entities on Cibus. Wouldn't that be nice. But odds were they'd have the power to just poof them out of existence if they pleased.

Top Bottom