• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum ~ Training Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Now that they were actually going, Nate couldn't get out of there fast enough. Rocky would have had to run to keep up if it was anybody else, but with Nate going top speed he didn't end up having to exceed a brisk walk. "You didn't have to be so mean," Rocky said. "Mia's nice! Why were you getting all mad at her?"

"I ain't mad at her," Nate growled. "And if you don't get it, it ain't nothing you gotta worry about. Now come on."

"Where are we going?"

"Cauldron," Nate grunted.

"Aww, again?" Rocky's ears drooped. "Can't we go somewhere else? There's supposed to be a really good noodle place somewhere pretty close to here."

"I ain't after fucking noodles," Nate said. "You got to go where you wanted, so now it's my turn. Fucking deal with it." He pressed on even faster, and Rocky let him go, hanging back and moving at a gentle amble.

"'Noodle' is a fun word to say," Rocky murmured under his breath. "Nooooooodle." He watched Nate bounding on ahead, head down and scowling, and sighed. It was his turn to decide where they went. Rocky took a quick backwards glance at the training room they'd come from, then ducked his own head and moved to catch up with his partner, letting Nate lead them out into the chilly, darkening evening.

<><><>​

[R8] Frozen or Tangled? Why not both?

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Thick layers of ice covered the entire room, giving to the entire place an azure misty appearance. Keeping an almost subzero temperature was a must for Icetales, as what he was going to test required specific condition to preserve the shape. Also, he really liked the cold.

“Very well. It is time to see if my hard work bore its fruit.”

With that said, Icetales unlocked a metallic box with a paw, revealing a set of four rapiers made of ice and crystals. Not exactly the work of a smith, as they were rough in some places, but they should have served the purpose nonetheless.

The Ninetales took out a rapier in his jaws and swung it. Fast. Light. Somewhat easy to handle, even with the mouth.

“Good, good. Now, to test its endurance…”

He turned to a dummy that was placed in the corner of the room and approached it. His tails wagged, his breathing steadied and his claws dug through the frozen floor.

Then, he charged forward. The fox angled his head sideways and pivoted his entire body in a swift motion…

Thump!

‘Thump?’

Icetales looked at the dummy: not even a scratch. Perhaps the ice surrounding it was too thick? Or was his sword not sharp enough?

…Sword. Just thinking about that word made his fur stand. Sword.

Icetales grumbled and began pacing back and forth. Why, oh why things couldn’t go right for once? Between Sword’s disappearance and Cynthian’s tormented mood and refusal to open up — Was Icetales a bad friend? Or untrustworthy? — the negativity was restarting bubbling in his spirit.

Worthless. Worthless.

‘No, I am not! My friends trust me. My friends
need me! I must… I must…’ He took a deep breath and glanced at his rapier. ‘I must… focus, yes. Hone my finesse, my skills, my prowess…’

He glanced around the empty room. ‘It would be swell if I could practice some good-natured fencing with someone…’

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
As Icetales fretted to himself over the results of his fencing, Kate threw open the doors and strolled in excitedly wholly unaware of his presence.

"Oh sweet, an ice room!" she exclaimed. "When they said they had mock environments, I didn't think they'd have something like-!"

The Sneasel paused as she saw a silver and black Ninetales standing seemingly paralyzed with indecision with what looked like an icy spear in his mouth. The Sneasel looked at the fox, and then off at the dummy further down the field, before cocking a brow puzzledly.

"What are you doing prancing around with that lance or whatever that is in your mouth?" she asked. "Doesn't it hurt to put all that weight on your teeth?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
And just like that, Icetales was brought back to reality by an unknown voice. He blinked while his ears swiveled toward the source, then he glanced at the Pokémon herself.

A Sneasel. Oh, another dweller of icy lands. How marvelous!

Icetales took the rapier with his leftmost tail and smiled. “Oh, pleased to make thy acquaintance, miss. I… was not expecting anyone to come into this frigid room, ha ha!” He glanced at his rapier, then at the Sneasel. “And this? This is no lance, but a custom-made rapier crafted by yours truly. Basically, a sword.”

“As of how I can carry it in my jaws…” With a swing of his tail, the rapier ended up rotating in the air before being snatched by his rightmost tail. “It’s exceptionally light, and I have practiced the technique of jaws-fencing for years. My muscles are trained for that.”

Icetales frowned, then gasped and stared at the Sneasel. “Oh, my! Where are my manners? I didn’t introduce myself!” He bowed with respect and beamed a friendly grin. “My name is Icetales, miss. What is thy name?”

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
Icetales took the rapier with his leftmost tail and smiled. “Oh, pleased to make thy acquaintance, miss. I… was not expecting anyone to come into this frigid room, ha ha!” He glanced at his rapier, then at the Sneasel. “And this? This is no lance, but a custom-made rapier crafted by yours truly. Basically, a sword.”

“As of how I can carry it in my jaws…” With a swing of his tail, the rapier ended up rotating in the air before being snatched by his rightmost tail. “It’s exceptionally light, and I have practiced the technique of jaws-fencing for years. My muscles are trained for that.”

Icetales frowned, then gasped and stared at the Sneasel. “Oh, my! Where are my manners? I didn’t introduce myself!” He bowed with respect and beamed a friendly grin. “My name is Icetales, miss. What is thy name?”

Kate blinked at the Ninetales' reply as she tried to parse his words. His speech seemed to have an affected air, as if someone back home were trying to live up to some caricature of nobility, but without knowing a lick of Hightongue to sell the act. Not that 'Geh weg, Bauer!' was particularly hard to figure out given enough volume and a suitably crabby expression to back it up.

Still, the Ninetales seemed good-natured enough, if a bit of a weirdo insisting on trying to fight in a way that seemed to be little more than a recipe for neck pains. But first things first, this Icetales had introduced himself, and now it was time to reciprocate.

"It's Kate. I'm a bit new to this whole team business going on," she said, before casting a side-eye at the dummy. Which for a 'mon practicing swordfighting seemed particularly pristine... though now that she thought about it, the blade didn't look particularly sharp.

"Eh? Why not just chuck an Ice Shard and be done with it?" she asked. "Not really sure why you're investing all this effort unless if this is your idea of fun. Since I'm not sure if I really see the advantage of fighting with one of those things."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"It's Kate. I'm a bit new to this whole team business going on," she said, before casting a side-eye at the dummy.

Icetales nodded. "Ah, yes, this much I could infer. Only snea' we have seen around these parts is now a Weavile, so..." He tilted his head and smiled. "In any case, I welcome thee to the team, Miss Kate!"

"Eh? Why not just chuck an Ice Shard and be done with it?" she asked. "Not really sure why you're investing all this effort unless if this is your idea of fun. Since I'm not sure if I really see the advantage of fighting with one of those things."

That had to be expected. The whole why-not-just-use-an-attack question he has heard countless of times from goodmons and good ladies alike. Time to dust off once more his reasoning.

"Thou see, I did not craft these swords for bellicose purposes, but to practice the noble art of fencing." He started wagging his tails and his eyes started shining. "The poetry of blades, a constant clash of metal to see who is the most fine duelist in a confrontation of skills and swiftness... that is what fencing is about, and what my family has practiced for centuries." He waved a forepaw. "And, well, it is still good training for the muscles. We have studied the techniques used by Lady Zacian from my homeworld and learned the best way to perform a quadrupedal jaws-fencing with minimal risk of injury. Though," he extended his tails toward his face, "I am not opposed to using my tails, either."

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
That had to be expected. The whole why-not-just-use-an-attack question he has heard countless of times from goodmons and good ladies alike. Time to dust off once more his reasoning.

"Thou see, I did not craft these swords for bellicose purposes, but to practice the noble art of fencing." He started wagging his tails and his eyes started shining. "The poetry of blades, a constant clash of metal to see who is the most fine duelist in a confrontation of skills and swiftness... that is what fencing is about, and what my family has practiced for centuries." He waved a forepaw. "And, well, it is still good training for the muscles. We have studied the techniques used by Lady Zacian from my homeworld and learned the best way to perform a quadrupedal jaws-fencing with minimal risk of injury. Though," he extended his tails toward his face, "I am not opposed to using my tails, either."

Ah, so swordfighting was something Icetales did for fun... of a sort. The Sneasel could've sworn she'd heard the name 'Zacian' before in her own world, but couldn't remember the context. Some sort of folktale perhaps? Whatever the reason, the fox and his family clearly held her in high esteem to sink so much effort into mimicking her.

"I take it that she's also a fan of that style of talking?" she asked. "For a second I thought you were trying to pass yourself off as royalty or something from how flowery your language was."

The Sneasel cast an eye over at the case with the unused rapiers, and back at the Ninetales.

"I take it you were expecting a partner to show up?" she asked. "I noticed that you're only practicing with one of your swords right now even though you've got a mouth and nine tails to work with."

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"I take it that she's also a fan of that style of talking?" she asked. "For a second I thought you were trying to pass yourself off as royalty or something from how flowery your language was."

Icetales tilted his head, thoughtfully. “This, I cannot tell. Lady Zacian is an elusive figure who hardly ever communicates with mortals. But as she is a member of nobility, the chances of her lingo being like mine are fairly high.”

He shook his head and straightened his tails. “And no, I do not pretend to be noble. I was born and raised among princes and princesses,” countered the Ninetales. “Howbeit, this must be the first time that someone claimed that I pretend, but I do not blame thee. After all,” he raised his paw, showing the star-shaped black pattern, “the symbol of nobility is unknown in this brave world.”

"I take it you were expecting a partner to show up?" she asked. "I noticed that you're only practicing with one of your swords right now even though you've got a mouth and nine tails to work with."

Icetales glanced at his metallic box, before showing a mildly saddened expression. “Well, practicing with a comrade was my original plan, but the ones who might be remotely interested are busy elsewhere.” He sighed. “Swinging rapiers at immobile targets is not the same thing as, well, confronting living souls.

“Regarding why I did not use my tails, well… dost thou know how difficult is it to coordinate nine appendages at the same time?” he inquired.

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
Icetales tilted his head, thoughtfully. “This, I cannot tell. Lady Zacian is an elusive figure who hardly ever communicates with mortals. But as she is a member of nobility, the chances of her lingo being like mine are fairly high.”

He shook his head and straightened his tails. “And no, I do not pretend to be noble. I was born and raised among princes and princesses,” countered the Ninetales. “Howbeit, this must be the first time that someone claimed that I pretend, but I do not blame thee. After all,” he raised his paw, showing the star-shaped black pattern, “the symbol of nobility is unknown in this brave world.”

Kate tilted her head back at the Ninetales and gawked at the design on the fox's paw. Was that the symbol of nobility in his world? Admittedly it was hard to follow the Ice-Type's speech at times, but given his comment about Zacian and their shared speech, it was hard to assume he'd puff himself up that much were he a mere retainer or guard.

"Hmph, I suppose that's what I get for thinking too much in terms of my own world," she said. "In my neck of the woods, nobles tend to like using this hoity-toity language we call 'Hightongue' to talk amongst themselves. It's supposed to be the language that Pokémon spoke in olden times, back when the runes were made of literal footprints, but it honestly wouldn't shock me if it was all a bunch of hogwash to puff themselves up."

The Sneasel let an impish smile spread over her face before brushing her ear feather.

"But honestly, I think it's probably better this way. I've never been one to put too much stock in nobles, so it's nice dealing with one that can't just get away with hiding his actual feelings by talking in some gobbledygook."

Icetales glanced at his metallic box, before showing a mildly saddened expression. “Well, practicing with a comrade was my original plan, but the ones who might be remotely interested are busy elsewhere.” He sighed. “Swinging rapiers at immobile targets is not the same thing as, well, confronting living souls.

“Regarding why I did not use my tails, well… dost thou know how difficult is it to coordinate nine appendages at the same time?” he inquired.

"Well, how long did it take you to learn how to swing that thing anyways?" Kate asked. "I mean, I'm not going to put one of those in my mouth, but if you need another 'mon to swing one of those things around, I don't really have anything better to do. It can't be that hard to pick up, can it?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Hmph, I suppose that's what I get for thinking too much in terms of my own world," she said. "In my neck of the woods, nobles tend to like using this hoity-toity language we call 'Hightongue' to talk amongst themselves. It's supposed to be the language that Pokémon spoke in olden times, back when the runes were made of literal footprints, but it honestly wouldn't shock me if it was all a bunch of hogwash to puff themselves up."

The Sneasel let an impish smile spread over her face before brushing her ear feather.

"But honestly, I think it's probably better this way. I've never been one to put too much stock in nobles, so it's nice dealing with one that can't just get away with hiding his actual feelings by talking in some gobbledygook."

Icetales frowned, his tails quivering slightly. He recognized that slight bitterness in her voice, aimed at folks who most likely looked down on her because of her "commoner roots". Rubbish mentality of pompous pure-blooded, which he had started to resent when he was forced to work among goodmons and when he was sonorously humiliated because of his symbol.

"...I understand thee. I truly do," he said simply, keeping his voice even and respectful. "I can assure thee that I am not like those short-sighted foplings. I greatly value every individual, no matter their ranks or origins. We all are 'mons under the same sky and sharing the same earth, and we should not let our bloodlines interfere in any way."

The Ninetales sighed and rubbed his cheek with his leftmost tail. "I had my share of flack in mine own world merely because of mine appearance. So, I... understand the hardships of being judged because thou art... of another heritage. It is not a pretty feeling..."

"Well, how long did it take you to learn how to swing that thing anyways?" Kate asked. "I mean, I'm not going to put one of those in my mouth, but if you need another 'mon to swing one of those things around, I don't really have anything better to do. It can't be that hard to pick up, can it?"

"Oh, they are lightweight. I have confidence thou can pick one up with thy upper limbs without issues." He chuckled. "I mean, thou have those appendages, so why not use them?"

The Ninetales extended his tails and grabbed two rapiers. "As of how many years I took, um... I would say around five years to learn the most advanced techniques?"

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
Icetales frowned, his tails quivering slightly. He recognized that slight bitterness in her voice, aimed at folks who most likely looked down on her because of her "commoner roots". Rubbish mentality of pompous pure-blooded, which he had started to resent when he was forced to work among goodmons and when he was sonorously humiliated because of his symbol.

"...I understand thee. I truly do," he said simply, keeping his voice even and respectful. "I can assure thee that I am not like those short-sighted foplings. I greatly value every individual, no matter their ranks or origins. We all are 'mons under the same sky and sharing the same earth, and we should not let our bloodlines interfere in any way."

The Ninetales sighed and rubbed his cheek with his leftmost tail. "I had my share of flack in mine own world merely because of mine appearance. So, I... understand the hardships of being judged because thou art... of another heritage. It is not a pretty feeling..."

"Meh, I kinda question that whole 'understanding' bit," she said. "Since sympathies or not, I'm pretty sure that even if we both came from your world, we'd still have some pretty irreconcilable differences. But I appreciate the sentiment and you not being an ass about where you came from."

"Oh, they are lightweight. I have confidence thou can pick one up with thy upper limbs without issues." He chuckled. "I mean, thou have those appendages, so why not use them?"

The Ninetales extended his tails and grabbed two rapiers. "As of how many years I took, um... I would say around five years to learn the most advanced techniques?"

The Sneasel went up and grasped one of the rapiers, and while it was a bit awkwardly-sized to hold, sure enough, it was lighter than it looked. Why, if it was cut down to size, and sharpened a bit, she could see herself swinging it about fairly easily... except for that last bit about 'advanced techniques'.

"Er... well, what can I learn in about five minutes?" Kate asked. "Since I don't exactly have five years to work with if you're expecting something better than a stationary target to spar against."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Meh, I kinda question that whole 'understanding' bit," she said. "Since sympathies or not, I'm pretty sure that even if we both came from your world, we'd still have some pretty irreconcilable differences. But I appreciate the sentiment and you not being an ass about where you came from."

Icetales nodded. “Fair assessment. All I desire it’s to strike an agreement and cooperate for the same great cause.” He beamed a friendly smile and wagged his free tails. “I reckon the dark forces lurking around the corner consider us the same — mere obstacles. Erecting walls would not help us in any way, would it?”

"Er... well, what can I learn in about five minutes?" Kate asked. "Since I don't exactly have five years to work with if you're expecting something better than a stationary target to spar against."

Icetales laughed. “Oh, worry not! We could go with a few basic techniques, which I have learned as a pup.”

He walked besides Kate and held out his rapier-wielding tail. “First of all, thou must extend thy arm. Keeping it out it’s essential — it will increase the chances to strike the opponent.” To emphasize his point, he shot his tail forward, with the blade almost hitting the box. “Long reach. High speed. Then, retreat,” he withdrew his tail, “and ready thyself for another assault.”

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
Icetales laughed. “Oh, worry not! We could go with a few basic techniques, which I have learned as a pup.”

He walked besides Kate and held out his rapier-wielding tail. “First of all, thou must extend thy arm. Keeping it out it’s essential — it will increase the chances to strike the opponent.” To emphasize his point, he shot his tail forward, with the blade almost hitting the box. “Long reach. High speed. Then, retreat,” he withdrew his tail, “and ready thyself for another assault.”

Kate reached out her arm with the rapier, only to find that the slightest movement felt awkward as she had to fight to keep the blade steady. A Marowak she'd done a fair share of jobs with had explained this to her once. That the way a club or blade or other implement was sized and weighted relative to its wielder would determine if it was most effective used as an einhänder or a zweihänder, or with one or two paws holding it in common parlance.

Still, Ninetales weren't supposed to be super bulky Pokémon and Icetales seemed to be managing fine with just his tails. So was she doing something wrong with this rapier? Or was there something about its length that made it a poor fit as an a one-pawed weapon?

"Is it supposed to feel this awkward to hold out like this?" she asked. "Or is there a way to use both paws to hold this thing?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Is it supposed to feel this awkward to hold out like this?" she asked. "Or is there a way to use both paws to hold this thing?"

"Huh... Rapiers are one-pawed weapons. In fact, they are often accompanied by bucklers or secondary weapons," explained Icetales, before leaning toward Kate to study the way she was holding the rapier. "...Perhaps it is too long for thee and throws off thy barycenter? This is nothing that cannot be fixed, however."

Without another word, he walked again toward his box and took out a rapier with his rightmost tail. He held it close to his face and narrowed his eyes. "Hmm..." He looked at the Sneasel, then again at the weapon. "So, to trim the debole..."

Icetales blew a Freeze-Dry on the rapier he held in his leftmost tail to reinforce the blade, then held the reinforced rapier above the other...

Slash!

A swish motion. A clear cut. A rapier with a long blade in his leftmost tail and a rapier with a halved blade on his rightmost tail.

"Try with this. Should be easier to swing," he said, before placing the shorter rapier in front of the Sneasel. He smiled. "And before thou say anything, these are experimental rapiers. I do not mind tweaking their design, truly."

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
"Huh... Rapiers are one-pawed weapons. In fact, they are often accompanied by bucklers or secondary weapons," explained Icetales, before leaning toward Kate to study the way she was holding the rapier. "...Perhaps it is too long for thee and throws off thy barycenter? This is nothing that cannot be fixed, however."

Without another word, he walked again toward his box and took out a rapier with his rightmost tail. He held it close to his face and narrowed his eyes. "Hmm..." He looked at the Sneasel, then again at the weapon. "So, to trim the debole..."

Icetales blew a Freeze-Dry on the rapier he held in his leftmost tail to reinforce the blade, then held the reinforced rapier above the other...

Slash!

A swish motion. A clear cut. A rapier with a long blade in his leftmost tail and a rapier with a halved blade on his rightmost tail.

"Try with this. Should be easier to swing," he said, before placing the shorter rapier in front of the Sneasel. He smiled. "And before thou say anything, these are experimental rapiers. I do not mind tweaking their design, truly."

Kate took the shortened rapier and gave it a few swings, and sure enough, it felt much more natural to move around. The Sneasel thrust her arm out in an attempt to mimic the Ninetales, before pulling it back in a swift motion and giving a smirk back.

"I didn't understand half the words you were saying earlier, but I think I can work with this," she said. "Though I assume there's more to this than dashing in, giving someone a poke and then running off, right?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Oh, indeed! Fencing is a discipline that is meant to develop both offense and defense, and too much of either will merely bring an imbalance in thy skills.”

Icetales glared at the wall and swung his blade forward, then sideways, and he finished the swing with a horizontal motion.

“Thy main goal is to disarm thy opponent,” he said, before holding his blade in front of his chest, “and parry is another essential skill — block the rapier, then reach out for thy opponent’s blade or knock it out.”

He turned toward the Sneasel and held up his rapier. “Fancy an attempt to disarm me?”

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
“Oh, indeed! Fencing is a discipline that is meant to develop both offense and defense, and too much of either will merely bring an imbalance in thy skills.”

Icetales glared at the wall and swung his blade forward, then sideways, and he finished the swing with a horizontal motion.

“Thy main goal is to disarm thy opponent,” he said, before holding his blade in front of his chest, “and parry is another essential skill — block the rapier, then reach out for thy opponent’s blade or knock it out.”

He turned toward the Sneasel and held up his rapier. “Fancy an attempt to disarm me?”

The Sneasel looked down at her blade, before back at Icetales after he gave his explanation of the importance of disarming opponents. The Dark-Type frowned a moment at his lack of instruction over how she was supposed to do that, only for an impish smile to creep up the ends of her mouth when she realized he didn't say anything about having to do that with her rapier...

"Knock out the blade, huh?" she asked. "So you mean like this?"

Kate breathed out a sharp huff of icy air before swiping at it with her free claw in a flash, sending a spray of icy flechettes towards the hilt Icetales was holding onto.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales was ready, holding his blade as he has been taught… but what he didn’t expect was to see a spray of icy shards aimed his way.

“What the…?!”

With a hasty movement, he held his rapier sideways, feeling the shards hitting the blade and embedding into his tail fur. The rapier rattled in his grip, but he didn’t let go, wrapping his tail even further. Once that was done, he narrowed his eyes, unimpressed.

“Hmph, well. I wager that is one way to disarm one ‘mon,” he said, flinging the ice away, “and major shame on me for not clarifying what I meant here.” He narrowed his eyes, a thought starting to form into his mind. “Hmm… Perhaps we could go with the goodmon way, then? No rules, just swipes and overpower. That might be more compatible with the… technique thou have shown here.”

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
Icetales was ready, holding his blade as he has been taught… but what he didn’t expect was to see a spray of icy shards aimed his way.

“What the…?!”

With a hasty movement, he held his rapier sideways, feeling the shards hitting the blade and embedding into his tail fur. The rapier rattled in his grip, but he didn’t let go, wrapping his tail even further. Once that was done, he narrowed his eyes, unimpressed.

“Hmph, well. I wager that is one way to disarm one ‘mon,” he said, flinging the ice away, “and major shame on me for not clarifying what I meant here.” He narrowed his eyes, a thought starting to form into his mind. “Hmm… Perhaps we could go with the goodmon way, then? No rules, just swipes and overpower. That might be more compatible with the… technique thou have shown here.”

"Oh come now, what's with that look?" Kate teased. "You look like I just stepped on one of your tails or something! Did you honestly think I wasn't going to take the obvious route without a couple ground rules?"

Kate gave a few swipes at the air with her rapier, before brushing her ear feather back with a sly grin.

"But still 'first to drop the sword loses', huh?" the Sneasel asked. "I might not really know about this 'fencing' thing, but I'm pretty sure that I can come out on top with that."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Oh come now, what's with that look?" Kate teased. "You look like I just stepped on one of your tails or something! Did you honestly think I wasn't going to take the obvious route without a couple ground rules?"

Icetales cocked an imaginary eyebrow. “Well, thou must feel lucky thou did not do such thing, then…” He smirked with mirth. “Thou would not have desired a millenary curse cast on thee, hm?”

The Ninetales chuckled softly and shook his head. “I jest, of course. I am not a ill-caster fellow, but I still desire my tails to stay immaculate.” He tilted his head. “Nine tails are a hassle to scrub, thou see.”

"But still 'first to drop the sword loses', huh?" the Sneasel asked. "I might not really know about this 'fencing' thing, but I'm pretty sure that I can come out on top with that."

Icetales nodded. “Correct. All our arts are allowed and the entire rapier-is-lost rule stands.” He lifted his haunches and aimed his rapier, before flashing a mischievous smirk. “And the brawl starts… now!”

Then, a thick mist seeped from the Ninetales’s tails, cloaking the entire room in a white veil. He darted through the mist, ears swiveling, and swiped at the Sneasel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom