• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Bug Report Thread

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Find a problem on the forums? Whether you're having trouble using some aspect of the board functionality or something isn't displaying properly in your browser, please report it here and we'll do our best to get it fixed.

In order to help us debug the problem, please fill out the following template in your post:

[b]Your Browser:[/b]
[b]Your Operating System:[/b]
[b]Description of Problem:[/b]

If you have a screenshot of the problem, that would also be very helpful, but it's okay if you can't provide one.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Browser: Firefox
Operating System: Windows 10
Description of Problem: Sometimes, the text of posts will continue on to the next post, obstructing both posts and making it difficult to read the text. An image of this occuring is provided below.

thousandroadsbug.PNG

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Ah, yeah, I've encountered that one before myself. I'm trying to remember whether it's ever happened to me on the Blue Shadows theme--not sure. Has anyone had this happen to them on styles besides Bright Skies? (I might be hoping super hard that this is something that'll get fixed when I redo that style, heh.)

It's annoying, but until I can suss out what's going on with this, at least a simple refresh has always fixed it for me.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
I've had it happen on Blue Shadows, yeah. Goes away after a refresh. (Also Firefox and Windows 10)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hmm, that's unfortunate. Haven't been able to find any reports of this online, but I'll do a little digging on it. Also wondering whether it might be related to threadmarks somehow...

Thanks for the info!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I thiiiink it has something to do with quote collapsing? Has definitely happened to me.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Hmm, what do you mean by quote collapsing? Like a quote failing to render for some reason?
As in, the thing where long quotes get cut off at a certain length and you have to click to view the full quote. I think I've gotten the impression that's the thing that's glitching out when this happens. I could be wrong, though.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Dunno if any additional info would help at this point, but now that Serebii's using the same version of XenForo, I encountered this exact same bug over in the HoC thread the other day. So it's pretty broad (and also unrelated to threadmarks since Serebii doesn't have them.)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Good to know, thank you! If the problem persists after the board upgrade I'll try submitting a bug report to Xenforo itself. This is not one I want to try tracking down on my own, heh.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
On mobile, reacting with :quag: causes the react text to disappear.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
On desktop, the icon for the forums is missing in the tabs.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
View attachment 759
Minor issue with partners overlapping the label text. (ios, google chrome app.)
Also, was the Home button always supposed to redirect to the Thousand Roads (non-forum) website? I'm 99% sure it used to take me to the forum home, because it's what I click out of habit when I want to go there.
unknown.png

seconding this (windows, desktop, chrome) -- it's only the really tall ones though haha! the small guys come through fine

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
View attachment 759
Minor issue with partners overlapping the label text. (ios, google chrome app.)
unknown.png

seconding this (windows, desktop, chrome) -- it's only the really tall ones though haha! the small guys come through fine
I've decreased the margin so fewer overlaps happen, but for some especially tall sprites they still will... to me this is the best solution, but if other people find it ugly/bothersome the other options are: sprites go behind words instead of on top of them, sprites get cut off instead of overlapping, or sprites get the maximum amount of space such that no overlaps happen. I don't like the final solution because this increases the vertical space required by about 1/3 and makes the postbit take up a lot of space on mobile. But, if people like one of those options better than "tall sprites overlap," it's an easy thing to change.

Also, was the Home button always supposed to redirect to the Thousand Roads (non-forum) website? I'm 99% sure it used to take me to the forum home, because it's what I click out of habit when I want to go there.
I think it was always supposed to! The control panel tells you to enter a non-forum URL for "Home," and if you don't have one the "Home" tab simply doesn't show at all. You should be able to get to the forum home easily enough by clicking on the top banner (or the "Forums" tab on the nav bar), but it's weird that you have muscle memory otherwise...

On mobile, reacting with :quag: causes the react text to disappear.
I haven't been able to see this one for myself. What browser are you using, and what style?

On desktop, the icon for the forums is missing in the tabs.
I fixed this one yesterday, so everyone should be able to see the little sign on the tab again now!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Bright Skies, and Firefox, though it also happens on mobile, so it appears to work across all browsers.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
The hover text doesn’t work on mobile. The little dots won’t show up, which is a pity because it breaks stories that make use of that function.

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
The title text jumps down if the window is too small. (Easy enough to fix by just dragging the window wider, but thought it was worth knowing.) This is on Safari, computer not mobile.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 9.32.06 AM.png

Top Bottom