• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz: New Years Re-view-lutions!

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Thousand Roads: New Years Re-view-lutions!

delibird_giving_gift_to_totodile_and_cyndaquil.gif

What's this? Delibird needs your help handing out gifts this year? What's a writer to do, if not review!

WHAT?: This is a reviewing events for Thousand Roads! Help spread holiday cheer and kick the new year off right. Old, new, and everything in-between -- this is your time to dust off those reviewing gloves and make it rain!

WHEN?: This event will run from December 22nd (11:59:59 GMT-0) to January 19th (11:59:59:59 GMT-0). I'll post countdowns as the time gets closer so that people don't have to muddle through timezones.

HOW?: To join the event, simply 1) be a member of Thousand Roads and 2) post a review that you've written between the timeframe above in this thread. I'll keep track of points tallying in a spreadsheet here [link], although if you want to count up your points for your own tracking purposes, go ahead!

POINTS???: The point system is outlined below:
  • Base Review (any review posted during this time): 3 points
  • Weekly Theme Adherence: +4 points
    • 12/22 - 12/29: Something New! Review a fic you've never reviewed before!
    • 12/30 - 1/5: Something Old!: Review an author that you have reviewed before, but who has updated since you last reviewed OR who has posted chapters/fic that you haven’t reviewed yet.
    • 1/6 - 1/12: Something Blue!: Review a fic that you've reviewed before.
    • 1/13 - 1/19: Something Borrowed: Review a fic that you've reviewed in this event!
  • Review Size:
    • 1-100 words: +1 point
    • 101 - 500 words: + 2 points
    • 501 - 1500 words: + 3 points
    • 1501 or more words: + 4 points
Word counts will be counted by yours truly using this counter, and will not include text quoted from the fic itself.

PRIZES?????: They're super cool and locally-sourced from our very own community! Depending on the number of participants on both ends, this is still slightly tbd, but it includes character art, banners, custom user badges, one-shots from Persephone in the AlolaDex, and even moar reviews!

Some General Rules That Didn't Fit Elsewhere:
  • For fics that are being crossposted on other sites, if you've reviewed on other sites that counts as having reviewed it before for the purposes of the weekly theme -- if you'd like to revisit that fic and write a new review, that's perfectly fine!
  • As mentioned above, I'll be doing word counts and such, but feel free to double-check me or keep track of things on your own!
  • Timezones for the weekly themes will be based on when the review was posted, not when it was posted in the thread, although please try to log reviews as you go rather than posting them all at once!

Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
LEADERBOARD

Week 3 Theme is live now! From 1/13 - 1/19, try: Something Borrowed: Review a fic that you've reviewed in this event! .
THE TIMER THAT YOUR DOCTORS DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE -> Countdown for Week 3 <- CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHEN THE WEEKLY THEME ENDS. NUMBER SEVEN WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.
NamohysipToday at 3:01 PM
Just make the countdown url really big and bold

Last edited:

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Review posted on Song of Two Worlds! I counted up the words, which is roughly around 679, so it should fall within the 3rd tier threshold. So...

Base: 3 points
Weekly Theme Adherence: 4 points
Word Count: 3 points

So it should bring me to 10 points altogether.

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Review posted on Song of Two Worlds! I counted up the words, which is roughly around 679, so it should fall within the 3rd tier threshold. So...

Weekly Theme Adherence: 4 points

So it should bring me to 10 points altogether.
Updated!
Posted a review for Tales of Arrival. If I counted right, it's about 650 words after excluding quotes.

Weekly Theme: 4 points

That's a total of 10 points for this review.
Yup!

Leaderboard has been added to the OP. Great work so far, guys!

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I reviewed Namohysip's Hands of Creation. It's 1034 words, and I've never read or reviewed him before so -

Base: +3
Weekly: +4
Words: +3

Total: 10

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Despite having known Tanuki for a while, I never actually read/reviewed any of his work until now. So, here's my first review of Song of Two Worlds

Words: ~800, +3

I reviewed Namohysip's Hands of Creation. It's 1034 words, and I've never read or reviewed him before so -

Words: +3

Next up, I have an entry for Joshthewriter's Salvation.

Base: 3
Weekly: 4
Words: ~600, +3

Grand total: 20
I've posted a review for Decoherence, about 600 words long

Weekly Theme: 4
Words: 3

Running Total: 20
These are all updated!

Equitia—nbd for this one, but if you could provide a link to the review when you log these I’d really appreciate it. Thanks all and happy holidays!

Also, I noticed that the wording for this and next week’s theme is a little unclear, so please see revised phrasing below:
  • 12/22 - 12/29: Something New! Review a fic you've never reviewed before!
  • 12/29 - 1/5: Something Old!: Review a fic that you have reviewed before, but that has updated since you last reviewed OR that has had chapters that you haven’t reviewed yet.

original phrasing:
  • 12/22 - 12/29: Something New! Review an author, fic, or genre you've never reviewed before!
  • 12/29 - 1/5: Something Old!: Review a fic that you have reviewed before, but that has updated since you last reviewed.

Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

zion of arcadia

too much of my own quietness is with me
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. marowak-alola
Is there any possibility my review of Outside the Frame could count toward this? I posted it only a couple days before the blitz started and if I'd known, I would've held off to get those sweet, sweet points. Also, do you want us to post every time we review something, or edit our original post?

Anyway, reviewed Casting Off. Word count came out at a little over 1.5K

Weekly Theme: 4
Words: 4
Total: 11

Last edited:

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Is there any possibility my review of Outside the Frame could count toward this? I posted it only a couple days before the blitz started and if I'd known, I would've held off to get those sweet, sweet points. Also, do you want us to post every time we review something, or edit our original post?

Anyway, reviewed Casting Off. Word count came out at a little over 1.5K

Weekly Theme: 3
Words: 4
Total: 11
11 points here—your total is right but the weekly theme is 4, like Canis said. Good stuff though!

For having older reviews count—I’m sorry, but there was some discussion on Discord and the consensus there was that reviews need to have been posted during the competition period to count for points. Your other review was great and counts for points though!

Reviewed Gifts of the Mountain!

~1000 Words: +3

Yarp!

zion of arcadia

too much of my own quietness is with me
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. marowak-alola
Understood. Thanks for the heads up. Oh, but also, do you prefer a single master post from users or continual updates like what we've done so far?

Left a review on Damaged Goods.

Theme: 4
Word count (777): 3
Running total: 21

Last edited:
Top Bottom