• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Reviewed Raingurl, Make It Chapter 1. By my count, it's 1454 words, but if your count comes up different, obviously use that. ❤ 1 chapter + fic I haven't reviewed before should = 2 points, I think.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Last edited:

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Okay, first time diving in, so I hope I’m doing this right xD

reviewed two chapters for The Suicune’s Choice

573 words. I haven’t reviewed this before so it fits with this week’s theme, too, I believe.
So...3 points total? I think? I’m so sorry idk what I’m doing xD

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Reviewed chapter 4 to 7 of Fusions "Ties of Fate". Here's the links to my reviews.

Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

With this, I should have 4 more points, as per the rule of "1 point per chapter reviewed", with the 3 from before, this brings me to 7 points in total!

Flaze

Don't stop, keep walking
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. infernape
Boy, a little late to the party.

Revied chapters 1-3 of Pokemon: Legendary Adventures

My review has a total of 1123 words which rounds to 4 points, picking the lower score that means I get 3 points.

Trap card!

Because I've never reviewed this story before I get 1 extra point in accordance to the team, which brings me up to 4

Slow start, but I'll get there.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Reviewed chapter 1 of Bouquatro. It has 407 words, so by the rule... 1 point? Also I think it fits the theme of "New Phone, Who This?" as I hadn't reviewd it yet, and also, since Canis is also on this blitz, it fits the "Friendly fire!" theme? If so, then I have 3 points at total. Will do more reviews later today.
Hi Navarchu! Sorry if there is any confusion, but you can only claim the weekly theme during the week that it's active--so for Week 1 (this week), you can claim for fics you haven't reviewed. The Friendly Fire theme is active for week 4. Themes + their active times are listed in "Earning Points" in this post. This review is worth +2 though!

Reviewed Raingurl, Make It Chapter 1. By my count, it's 1454 words, but if your count comes up different, obviously use that. ❤ 1 chapter + fic I haven't reviewed before should = 2 points, I think.
yes ma'am!

Meh, Starlight will join.

Transversal, crossing the backs of legends
+1 theme
+1 chapter
* at 968 words
more like, heck yeah, Starlight will join :quag:

Reviewed chapters 3-5 of Electric Sheep. 1482 words, so 5 points I think. :quag:
hiya cynsh! The breakdown for these points is actually just like Blacklight BLC (so choose lesser between [chapter count] and [word count/250]), so in this case it's choosing the lesser between [chapter count = 3] and [word count/250 = 5]. You get +3 here though!

Reviews:

1 chapter of canisaries' Hunter, Haunted
Words: 454 (not counting quotes)

1 chapter of Cresselia's The Meaning of Power
Words: 1257
Also fulfills the theme!
welcome! logging you for a solid +3 points across these two!

Okay, first time diving in, so I hope I’m doing this right xD

reviewed two chapters for The Suicune’s Choice

573 words. I haven’t reviewed this before so it fits with this week’s theme, too, I believe.
So...3 points total? I think? I’m so sorry idk what I’m doing xD
Come on in; the water is lovely! Logging you!

Reviewed chapter 4 to 7 of Fusions "Ties of Fate". Here's the links to my reviews.

Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

With this, I should have 4 more points, as per the rule of "1 point per chapter reviewed", with the 3 from before, this brings me to 7 points in total!
The breakdown for these points is actually just like Blacklight BLC (so choose lesser between [chapter count] and [word count/250]), so in this case it's choosing the lesser between [chapter count = 4] and [word count/250 = 2]. You get +2 here though! Your total is 4.

Boy, a little late to the party.

Revied chapters 1-3 of Pokemon: Legendary Adventures

My review has a total of 1123 words which rounds to 4 points, picking the lower score that means I get 3 points.

Trap card!

Because I've never reviewed this story before I get 1 extra point in accordance to the team, which brings me up to 4

Slow start, but I'll get there.
Better late than never! These check out; adding you to the ladder!

WildBoots

Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Reviewed 2 chapters of Sand and Shadows at 980 words. Week 1 bonus for reviewing a new fic should total to 3 points?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Two chapters of Heroica Legends @ 2164 words. +1 point for the weekly theme, so 3 points total.

Also, kintsugi asked me about the possibility of doing NaNoWriMon-like counters for the review blitz. (Like what's in my signature!) If you have a goal for the number of reviews you'd like to write for this event, your pokémon would level up and evolve as you got closer to reaching it. If you're interested, just let me know your review goal and the name/species/gender of pokémon you'd like, and I'll create one for you!

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Reviewed 2 chapters of Sand and Shadows at 980 words. Week 1 bonus for reviewing a new fic should total to 3 points?
Yes!
A 1600 word review for Liberators of Fate
5 Chapters, so 5 points. +1 for weekly theme.
Welcome on! Really strong start!

Two chapters of Heroica Legends @ 2164 words. +1 point for the weekly theme, so 3 points total.

Also, kintsugi asked me about the possibility of doing NaNoWriMon-like counters for the review blitz. (Like what's in my signature!) If you have a goal for the number of reviews you'd like to write for this event, your pokémon would level up and evolve as you got closer to reaching it. If you're interested, just let me know your review goal and the name/species/gender of pokémon you'd like, and I'll create one for you!
<3
(gonna crosspost this to the discussion thread so it doesn't get buried. thank you for this lovely gift!)

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Reviewed chap 1 of Suicune's Choice (which also qualifies for theme!)

697 words supposedly.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
btw plugging that there are cute Review Blitz-themed NaNoWriMon up for grabs! more info in this post

Reviewed chap 1 of Suicune's Choice (which also qualifies for theme!)

697 words supposedly.

Looking good! Added you

Ye review for Raingurl, Make It.
+1 chapter
+1 theme
1108 words
ye!

zion of arcadia

too much of my own quietness is with me
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. marowak-alola
Reviewed the prologue and first chapter of Ties of Fate.

+1 for theme

1026 words.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Reviewed a section of LC. Not specifically a single chapter, but a broad overview. Doesn't count for the theme though.

1281 words.

WildBoots

Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him