• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Ez8bUv.gif
Welcome to the second year of Review Blitz! As we reflect back on another crazy trip around the sun, spread some fanfic-flavored cheer to your friends with some good old-fashioned reading and reviewing! And maybe dethrone your friends as you stand atop a mountain of points.

Earning Points
Points = [Number of chapters reviewed] OR [Total Review Wordcount/250, rounded down], choose lower.
Wordcount calculated by this word counter. Review wordcount does not include quoted words from the story itself.

Bonus Condition: Delibird Cheer! Each week, there will be a different theme. If you meet the theme for the week, you get an extra +1 point to your total. Themes are listed below:
  • Week 1 [12/13 - 12/19]: New Phone, Who This? Review a fic you haven't reviewed before. This can be claimed once per fic.
  • Week 2 [12/20 - 12/26]: Story of my life. Review a story you've reviewed but aren't caught up on. This can be claimed once per fic.
  • Week 3 [12/27 - 01/02]: Spreading the love! Review a chapter (or oneshot) that had 0 or 1 reviews on TR prior to the start of this week. This refers specifically to an individual chapter, not the total number of reviews on the fic, and can be claimed once per fic. Note that unlike other weeks, offsite reviews are ineligible for this bonus (but can still be logged for regular points during this week).
  • Week 4 [01/03 - 01/09]: Friendly fire! Review a fellow player in the blitz! This can be claimed once per author.
As host I'll be calculating points for everyone, so if that formula doesn't make sense that's actually fine--once the event opens, you will only need to post a link to the review + note if you adhere to the weekly theme. Example calculations:
  • I write a review for four chapters of a story. The review is 1600 words long. By number of chapters reviewed, I would earn 4 points. By number of words written, I would earn 1600/250 = 6.4 -> 6 points. Choosing lower, this review is worth 4 points.
  • I write a review of ten chapters of a story. The review is 800 words long. By number of chapters reviewed, I would earn 10 points. By number of words written, I would earn 800/250 = 3.2 -> 3 points. Choosing lower, this review is worth 3 points.

Spending Points
This year, you can spend the points you earn for spins on our prize wheel! The wheel contains a mix of reviews and art commissions from our killer volunteers. You can claim these any time during the competition, not just at the end, so get spinning!

In addition to spins, there are a few other points hidden in the ladder 👀
5 points: prize wheel spin!
10 points: companion Pokemon!*
15 points: 50 points toward your Blacklight shop purchases!
20 points: prize wheel spin!
30 points: BLC Voucher (converts into prize wheel spin for non-BLC players)

At every increment of 10 after this point (40/50/60/X0): prize wheel spin!

*A companion Pokemon is this little guy, who follows you around as you post on Thousand Roads! You can choose any existing Pokemon or submit a sprite for a custom recolor/companion, if that’s your thing.
unknown.png

Winning The Throne
In addition to the prize wheel, at the end of the competition there will be prizes for the participants with the most points! You will be able to select from:
  • An Alola Dex or World Myth Encyclopedia Entry for a Pokemon of your choice by @Persephone
  • A custom song from @Tanuki
  • A poem on a subject of your choice from @Tanuki
  • A 1,000 word short fiction piece on a subject of your choice (must be about Pokemon) from @windskull
  • A custom map of a location of your choice from @unrepentantAuthor
Prizes will be selected in order (i.e. first place will get first choice; second place will get second choice; etc), so if you've got your heart set on something, it's a good time to get cracking!

Timeline

Week 1 will begin on December 13 at 00:00:01 EST (countdown)
Week 2 will begin on December 20 at 00:00:01 EST (countdown)
Week 3 will begin on December 27 at 00:00:01 EST (countdown)
Week 4 will begin on January 03 at 00:00:01 EST (countdown)

Blitz Officially Closes at this countdown

FAQ:
Q: Is there a limitation on reviews that will count for points?
A: Reviews must have been posted after the event started. Reviews must be for a story that is at least partially on TR. (If the fic is not caught up on TR but you post a review for a future chapter offsite, this will also count). Otherwise, all reviews are eligible for points.

Q: I can't participate in a certain week/have joined late. Can I still play?
A: Yes. You can join at any time during the runtime, and word has it there might be secret prizes scattered throughout this time 👀

Last edited:
ladder

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
I was so excited to start this I got stuck right in by reading two chapters of Legendarian Chronicles this morning.

506 words. +2 points.

(I don't think I qualified for Story of my Life as if I've understood right, that's next week's theme?)

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
I was so excited to start this I got stuck right in by reading two chapters of Legendarian Chronicles this morning.

506 words. +2 points.

(I don't think I qualified for Story of my Life as if I've understood right, that's next week's theme?)

Congrats on the work. I think this week is "new phone" but we'll see?

Just tackled "best boy, by starlight aurate

I guess I'm using "new phone" theme. And as I'm unspeakably bad at math I will leave the equations to wiser heads.

zion of arcadia

too much of my own quietness is with me
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. marowak-alola
Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
woohoo! fresh meat

506 words. +2 points.

Added you! And you are correct, these would qualify for Week 2 but not for Week 1.

Congrats on the work. I think this week is "new phone" but we'll see?

Just tackled "best boy, by starlight aurate

I guess I'm using "new phone" theme. And as I'm unspeakably bad at math I will leave the equations to wiser heads.
Updated! +2 points.

Reviewed chapter 1 of Death is Lonely.

1539 words.

Reviewed chapter 1 of Fighting Nature.

1067 words.
pew pew strong start here! 👀
(For these it's easy enough to track, but would you mind in future ones adding if you're doing weekly themes on these?)

K_S

I've a new review... was filling festive and picked it based off of the title... While set during the hol's it's more an introspective with a slap dash of adventure...

As it had no reviews (now remedied) I think it qualifies for the "phone" bonus, if so, please tab it onto my total. Regardless here we go.

Deli's Delivery

tried the word counter... it read 1370 I think... hope that helps

Last edited:

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
I've a new review... was filling festive and picked it based off of the title... While set during the hol's it's more an introspective with a slap dash of adventure...

As it had no reviews (now remedied) I think it qualifies for the "phone" bonus, if so, please tab it onto my total. Regardless here we go.

Deli's Delivery
Oh yikes, the phrasing in my post is a little unideal--these are different themes for different weeks, and it would read more clearly as:

Week 1 [12/13 - 12/19]: New Phone, Who This? Review a fic you haven't reviewed before. This can be claimed once per fic.
Week 2 [12/20 - 12/26]: Story of my life. Review a story you've reviewed but aren't caught up on. This can be claimed once per fic.
Week 3 [12/27 - 01/02]: Spreading the love! Review a chapter (or oneshot) with fewer than 2 reviews on TR. This refers specifically to an individual chapter, not the total number of reviews on the fic, and can be claimed once per fic.
Week 4 [01/03 - 01/09]: Friendly fire! Review a fellow player in the blitz!

Luckily you qualify for the Week 1 theme as well! Sorry about the confusion there; I'll update the main post phrasing to make it more clear. Points added!

Last edited:

K_S

Oh yikes, the phrasing in my post is a little unideal--these are different themes for different weeks, and it would read more clearly as:

Week 1 [12/13 - 12/19]: New Phone, Who This? Review a fic you haven't reviewed before. This can be claimed once per fic.
Week 2 [12/20 - 12/26]: Story of my life. Review a story you've reviewed but aren't caught up on. This can be claimed once per fic.
Week 3 [12/27 - 01/02]: Spreading the love! Review a chapter (or oneshot) with fewer than 2 reviews on TR. This refers specifically to an individual chapter, not the total number of reviews on the fic, and can be claimed once per fic.
Week 4 [01/03 - 01/09]: Friendly fire! Review a fellow player in the blitz!

Luckily you qualify for the Week 1 theme as well! Sorry about the confusion there; I'll update the main post phrasing to make it more clear. Updated!

By sheer chance what I picked qualified for week one and week three all at once and was unsure how you wanted to work it in... Thanks for clearing up the wording.

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Logging two!

Chapter 1 of Communication @ about 2k words for 1 point + I haven't read any of this fic before, so this should qualify for the weekly bonus.
Chapter 8 of The Suicune's Choice (part of it is on TR; chapter 8 and my review are on FFN) @ 400 words for 1 point.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
logging this catnip review of EoE chapters 0-2 at <2k words—comes out to 3 points i believe? this is my first review on the fic so i believe that qualifies it for the weekly theme as well. 😁

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Logging two!

Chapter 1 of Communication @ about 2k words for 1 point + I haven't read any of this fic before, so this should qualify for the weekly bonus.
Chapter 8 of The Suicune's Choice (part of it is on TR; chapter 8 and my review are on FFN) @ 400 words for 1 point.
Welcome aboard!
Not that this changes anything but I have you at 1660 words for Communication.

logging this catnip review of EoE chapters 0-2 at <2k words—comes out to 3 points i believe? this is my first review on the fic so i believe that qualifies it for the weekly theme as well. 😁
It does!!! Happy to have you! :quag:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

Reviewed Streets of Lago for catnip. Wordcounter says 1821 words. And I think this counts towards the theme too?

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

Reviewed Streets of Lago for catnip. Wordcounter says 1821 words. And I think this counts towards the theme too?
welcome! :quag: Added you. It does indeed count for the theme.

This doesn't change anything about the points on this review specifically, but word counts are measured without quoted text (I hit the "Reply" button on the forums and it quotes your entire post without quoting what you've quoted, since manually removing quotes for word count is a bit of a pain), so your word count for this one would be 1331. Just wanted to let you know for your future reviews!

zion of arcadia

too much of my own quietness is with me
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. marowak-alola
Last edited:

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
I reviewed the prologue and chapter 1 of Do Psychic-Type Pokemon Dream of Electric Sleep?

Technically it fulfills the theme of the week, although I don't remember if that only counts once or not.

word count: 1257
It does fulfill, and you can this week's theme once per fic, so you're good to go!

starting what i hope to be a long list! but we'll see.

Chapter 1 of Raingurl, Make It
+1 chapter
+1 theme
total change: +2
blitz total: 2
u got dis
Added you! May the list be lengthy

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Reviewed chapter 1 of Bouquatro. It has 407 words, so by the rule... 1 point? Also I think it fits the theme of "New Phone, Who This?" as I hadn't reviewd it yet, and also, since Canis is also on this blitz, it fits the "Friendly fire!" theme? If so, then I have 3 points at total. Will do more reviews later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom