• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[Anger bubbled up within the kirlia as she whirled around on Desper. "How could you betray the love of your life like this? It's not romantic at all!"]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
I debated last night whether to watch espy or waffle since there was a good chance the mafia would target the doctors. Since I was more certain of Waffle I targeted her. I saw Tanuki interact with her.

I may have chosen the wrong one to catch the killer in action but this does offer valuable information.

Based on the fact that nobody died on the night prior, I suspect that whoever Espy protected was their target. And I suspect that target was me. We know it wasn't equita. At that point we had reason to believe that phantump was bulletproof, so protecting her was unlikely. I would have seen espy protecting waffle tonight if she was protecting waffle (I think, I'll verify this with Starlight). That leaves myself, persephone, dawningwinds and tanuki. With the levels of suspicion that the other three had, Espy protecting me is the most likely scenario.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I checked Persephone. No result. If Tanuki blocked Waffle, that means... Phantump is actually the mafia killer?

Actually, with Tanuki as part of the mafia, I think that is an explanation why they would purposefully hold their hand. It's not a usual strategy, but Tanuki would probably do that, yeah. I'm not so familiar with Mafia roles. I know there's bulletproof and one-use roles like Strongman, but wouldn't they have been used now or earlier?

Persephone... might be innocent.

Dang, if so, my three choices were off base. In the event that you're innocent, my apologies to you as well, Perse.

Anyway, Windskull is confirmed innocent by being roleblocked N0 and catching Waffle. Waffle is confirmed by Windskull. I think the only way otherwise would be if Waffle's a role and Windskull's in it with them. But I really really don't two mafia roleblockers and Waffle seems good. (Honestly I think Windskull could fool me, but claims weren't their forte last time..)

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Based on the fact that nobody died on the night prior, I suspect that whoever Espy protected was their target. And I suspect that target was me. We know it wasn't equita. At that point we had reason to believe that phantump was bulletproof, so protecting her was unlikely. I would have seen espy protecting waffle tonight if she was protecting waffle (I think, I'll verify this with Starlight). That leaves myself, persephone, dawningwinds and tanuki. With the levels of suspicion that the other three had, Espy protecting me is the most likely scenario.

Espy is Seraph and said she acted N2, so she couldn't have acted last night. Also, DW is dead. Typo?

Espy probably protected you, yeah.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
For the record, I've been advocating that Tanuki was scum and DW was innocent since early Day 2. Yet I'm obviously mafia here...
I'll admit that. And Equita's claim does seem to clear you. But I'll also admit that bussing is a possibility here. I think we have a stronger lead in tanuki.

Espy is Seraph and said she acted N2, so she couldn't have acted last night. Also, DW is dead. Typo?

That was with regards to N2. I could have been more clear.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
@Waffle who did you try to heal?

Although this technically doesn't completely clear myself and Waffle, if my claim is taken into account that ONLY leaves Persephone, Tanuki, and Shiny Phantump (unless Equita is playing an amazing long con in which gg but seems incredibly unlikely).

One more mislynch could put us in lylo though. Or we might already be in it if there happens to be 3 somehow. I think our safest lynch is Tanuki, then one of phantump and persephone.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
(unless Equita is playing an amazing long con in which gg but seems incredibly unlikely).

Don't worry I'm nowhere near that smart asasdfafsa

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
One more mislynch could put us in lylo though. Or we might already be in it if there happens to be 3 somehow. I think our safest lynch is Tanuki, then one of phantump and persephone.
Two seems more likely since usually games go to parity. Still means we need to aim right today.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Well, to start off with. I'd like to know why Tanuki chose to block Waffle. If you're innocent, why the heck would you choose to block someone who might be a doctor? I know you were somewhat suspicious of myself and Waffle, but there were better options!
It’s as you said. I blocked Waffle because I was suspicious of them. Phan was pretty clearly either not mafia or deranged enough to skip a night kill, and Perse didn’t seem to be the killer.

Plus, doctor is the obvious choice for a killer fakeclaim. They can be caught at the scene of the crime, say they were healing someone and convince people there must be a mafia strongman(?) or... that a roleblocker stopped them.

I made the wrong choice. I basically ensured the mafia’s kill. I wanted to prove Waffle guilty to clear my name, but I only managed to make things worse.

I’m trying not to be defeatist, but I don’t think I can really do anything to survive today. I don’t have any leads to help the town, or any way to save my own skin.

Pushing past that feeling, though, it’s worth pointing out we’re potentially one mislynch away from losing the game. If there are three mafia, they’ll win from one more mislynch. Sure, there might only be two, but it’s not worth being that kind of optimistic. That can only hurt town.

Everyone has basically agreed Perse is scum for this entire game. Every day, she’s pushed to lynch me. Now, when mafia is likely one mislynch away, she’s pushing hard as ever.

Even if there are only two mafia, they will win from a mislynch because they have a guaranteed nightkill with Espy. Assuming I’m dead, nobody can protect her. She will die. The mafia will win.

We know Persephone is mafia. She’s fakeclaimed twice (including her current claim because I don’t buy it). She’s mafia, and she’s pushing to lynch me. The mafia is one mislynch away from victory.

Persephone wants me lynched because I’m an easy target and the only one standing in the way of killing Espy.

You don’t have to believe I’m town. I know nobody does, but please give me one last chance to help the town. Vote Persephone.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Thanks Waffle. And starlight got back and confirmed I would have seen Espy on waffle if she'd protected her.Which leads credence to my theory that I was protected. But the fact that Equita saw now action on Persephone tells me that she can't be the mafia killer. Which only leaves... phantump purposefully not moving last night. Do you have any defense/any suggestions @Shiny Phantump ?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I wasn’t caught up when I wrote this. Apparently no one’s suspicious of Perse anymore. I’ll do an rp post real quick and take a break. I can’t see anything I do changing anything.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
Ashwood stood in front of their mirror. They still wore their wedding clothes, having slept in them, too shocked to change. They hadn’t imagined anything could have been worse than that first night, after they voted out Enigma. Then last night.

That cowboy, with his near-incomprehensible drawl and irresistible charm. He couldn’t be guilty. It had to have been that quiet, aloof human woman. Desper couldn’t be –

A guttural sound tore its way out of Ashwood’s throat. Their vision went red, and without thinking they smashed their fist into the mirror. Their reflection cracked; their hand burned as shattered glass fell to the ground, but they didn’t care. They roared, screamed, hurled the mirror against the wall of the tent. They yanked off their cape and threw it to the ground. The delicate lace of their top tore with a loud ripping sound as they wrenched it off their body also.

They barely had the sense to put on their old clothes before charging out of their tent. Their vision blurred. I don't know how much longer I got, but I'on't wanna spend anymore time I got left w'out'chu.

Liar liar LIAR

Ashwood stormed outside. “Desper!” they bellowed, tears coursing down their cheeks.

“I trusted you!” they said as soon as they had found the raichu. “I actually fucking loved you, and you – I’d ask you if any of what you said was real, but it doesn’t matter. You’re a murderer.

“I vote Desper!” Ashwood said, shouting to everybody else. They turned back to Desper. Their breaths were ragged; their hands were trembling fists. “You’re lucky you’re getting lynched tonight, or else I would take care of you right now.” They choked on a sob.

“Why, Desper. Just tell me why.”
]]

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
[[Anger bubbled up within the kirlia as she whirled around on Desper. "How could you betray the love of your life like this? It's not romantic at all!"]]
[[In any other sitchiation, Desper’d meet fire with fire ‘n’ shoot back just as much anger ‘s’e received. But he’d blood on his paws. Deep red stains turned brown with age. A killer through ‘n’ through. Someone held his mouth shut.

That fresh coat of yellow fur haunted him. One night’s purchase: a lifelong obligation. He’d hated her, she hated him. He still didn’t know why he’d helped ‘er. Coulda been simple as th’ntrinsic bond ‘tween outlaws.

Maybe he cared ‘bout that egg after all. Might a carried it th’rest the way for love’s sake. Hope’s. Maybe he’d given it his real name t’ taste innocence through his line. Maybe he did it ‘cause he knew the name wa’n’t his no more.

He wasn’t Joltithan. Hadn’t been since he’d picked up his first sixer. He was his reputation. He was th’outlaw nobody’d tamed. Th’owl hoot none could kill. The chu nobody knew.

He wasn’t Joltithan. He was Desper, ‘n’ he didn’t get no say in it no more. W’thout any ‘pology ‘r goodbye, he tilted his hat o’er his rainin’ eyes and meandered on out. Walkin’ this world all alone: th’only prison he knew.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
In another context I'd suggest maybe not trusting me because of my other, ahem, faulty scumreads, but we're down to the end now. I think we can puzzle out the mafia with logic. Please point out anything I may be getting wrong.

Equitia (Ashwood) - I'm innocent. I guessed windskull had an active role; she backed me up and so did Tanuki. Also, I read Starlight's role PM to me.

windskull (Shimmer) - Technically, if Tanuki were innocent, Windskull could still be guilty if they were in it with Waffle. Windskull guessed where Waffle was last night, but if they were working together yeah. However, now Tanuki has confirmed he was on Waffle, as Windskull reported. Trying to find a theory where Windskull can be innocent. To make their roleclaim, they would have to be in it with Tanuki and Waffle, but why would Tanuki have blocked his teammate? Um... to mark Waffle as innocent? No, wait, Tanuki wouldn't have blocked Windskull if they were on his team. Fusion/Del was a bus driver?

Almost definitely innocent, I think.

Waffle (Luna) - They were seen on me by Windskull. Nothing happened to me, and that matched their healer roleclaim. Then they were blocked tonight by Tanuki. To be guilty, I think only the Tanuki/Windskull/Waffle mafia power trio theory with busdriver!Fusion/Del works.

Almost definitely innocent.

Persephone (Kekoa)

I checked her tonight to get "no result". Our claimed remaining roleblocker, Tanuki, was on Waffle by Windskull's observance and Tanuki's own confession. Even with the stretch theory that Waffle is also a roleblocker, Tanuki would have roleblocked them so they couldn't have done me. That means Persephone cannot be the Mafia killer because the killer did succeed tonight. She can still be mafia, but she has to have a passive role.

Shiny Phantump (Salac) - This is where things get confusing. N2 I saw them get a no result and it appears all our roleblockers were accounted for, but... we're running out of options for our Mafia killer. Tanuki is occupied. Perse is cleared. Waffle is cleared. Windskull is cleared, unless the Tanuki/Windskull/Waffle theory I guess. Also, if Tanuki is mafia, I can definitely see him trying a gambit of abstaining from a kill, despite that not being an accepted scum strat.

Very likely the mafia killer.

Tanuki (Desper)

For him to innocent, we'd have to have two town roleblockers for some reason. But why was he on Waffle? I specifically told him to go to Persephone, and he admits she's his biggest scumread.

Very likely the mafia roleblocker.

If you notice any faulty logic or theories I could have missed, please add your thoughts.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[“Well...”

Salac frowned. Nothing like the worst circumstances possible to get people to fall in love. It was no surprise they bonded quickly is such harsh circumstances... and no surprise that it ended in tragedy.

“We got all those wedding supplies and everything. Now what, they’re going to sit here and rot in this terrible place? Hmph. At least that human who kept watching me sleep is gone, she might’ve used them to proposition me.”]]

Vote: Tanuki

Questions:

1) Why did Waffle “protect” a kill-immune role?

2) If we lynch the mafia killer, Persephone will meet her win condition. Does she get removed from the game if that’s the case? (Some of the independent roles I saw while reading the wiki during lectures do that.) If so, we might not only have to keep lynching scum, but also ensure we get the killer last to that we keep Persephone on our side.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
1) Why did Waffle “protect” a kill-immune role?

They aren't paying attention to the game and don't really understand what's happening (no offense, Waffle -- I get you're new and busy).

2) If we lynch the mafia killer, Persephone will meet her win condition. Does she get removed from the game if that’s the case? (Some of the independent roles I saw while reading the wiki during lectures do that.) If so, we might not only have to keep lynching scum, but also ensure we get the killer last to that we keep Persephone on our side.

@Persephone Ask?

I think we're going for Tanuki the roleblocker, so not an issue right now.

Top Bottom