• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Treasure Town ~ Marowak Dojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave snapped his jaws shut, fluffing his fur in dismay. So this was how she wanted to play this? "Seriously? I thought we were going to have a fucking battle here, not a game of hide and seek like a couple of..." Wait. Something was happening. There was a power lacing his words, something magically aggravating. He felt it work - exactly what was working, he wasn't sure, but it felt great. He grinned, reinvigorated. "...Like a couple of fucking five-year-olds. Come get me, fuckhead."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid halted. She knew exactly what this was—this, this sorcery weaving its way into her brain, her thoughts… this… this fuckin’ bullshit.

Her plan had been foiled. What a fun game it would’ve been, too, bopping each other with these stupid dummies, trading blows, running through them like Combee navigating a hive’s endless corridors. It probably wouldn’t have turned out like that, she conceded, but fuck, it sounded fun anyway. And now it would never happen, forbidden by the impetus that seized her legs and drew out an uncharacteristic snarl.

“Fuh-Fuckhead?” she jawed from her hiding spot. “I’ll show you fuck—head!” Blast it. She was so mad she couldn’t even speak correctly. Fuck. Maybe the Freeze Dry lacing her tonsils could fucking speak for her, then. Dried, horrible-tasting spikes of ice sprinkled onto her tongue, then shot out of her mouth straight at Dave. She popped out…

…from a different angle than where she’d entered the sea of dummies, hoping to catch him dodging straight into the attack. That would wipe that smirk off his fuckin’ face.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave watched the dummies move, muscles tense, anticipating a return. He bared his teeth, ready to ambush when she came out. Steady...

Astrid barreled outward from a different place, and he jumped aside in surprise, only to jump straight into a blast of frigid air. A sharp, deep cold wormed its way through his coat and into his flesh, his skin drying and cracking in its wake. For a single gut-clenching moment he was convinced he was about to just shatter into a powder, but then the sensation faded with a last sting.

"Rrrgh, Jesus fuck, you--" He snarled again as the mobility returned to his limbs and shot back at Astrid for the Bite that'd never landed, fueled by a rush of anger. The Poochyena instinct to get out of there was starting to ring out in the back of his mind, and he gave it a rude mental kick and ignored it.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid grinned almost evilly when the attack landed. Yes, he wasn’t so smug anymore, that, that grey ball of fur! Ha! Haha! Haa…?

Her paws hit the dirt just as her mind finally cleared. The last of the Taunt’s tantalizing effects left her in no position to dodge. In her stupor, she’d made the mistake of leaping far too close.

Gasping at the menacing fangs coming straight at her, she flattened her ears and spread out her tails, expanding the icy dust around her body. A veil of many colors formed before her in an effort to dull the incoming pain.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave bit her paw as hard as he could, then leapt back, wary, waiting for her next move. If there was one. Maybe they were done? How long was a sparring match supposed to go on for, anyway?

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
She stumbled back with a wince, balance offset thanks to her throbbing paw. Recovering through grit teeth, another ball of energy sparked in her maw. This Weather Ball was aimed straight down that Poocheyena’s nose, right between the eyes—

She halted at the last second. He was just standing there, looking about as sure of himself as a Marcargo taking swimming lessons.

“You wanna…” She paused to properly catch her breath. “…call it here?”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"...Sure. Okay."

Dave sat down to catch his breath. As the battle hormones wore off and his heartrate slowed, the Poochyena brain seemed to curl up and rest, basically satisfied for now. He shook frost out of his fur as he recovered.

Something more pressing occurred to him when the battle haze began to fade: he had just had a live Vulpix in his mouth. There was hair stuck on his tongue, a bloody sort of taste. "Eugh, what the fuck." He tried to spit it out; it didn't really work, came out as an awkward heave.

He thought, never doing that again, and then, who am I kidding, next time I'm in a fight I probably won't even fucking care.

(...Also, that was a Tackle he'd done at the beginning. A fucking Tackle. How did you even forget that. Jesus Christ.)

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Being bitten was a different kind of pain, Astrid quickly realized. Getting scratched and battered occasionally came with her choice of career, but usually it wasn’t anything that pierced this deep. She could feel the rhythm of her heartbeat pulsing from her paw as she clutched it, wincing again. For now, an oran berry was all she needed, but it would need bandaging pretty soon.

She’d deal with that momentarily. In the meantime…

“Good fight,” she conceded in Dave’s direction. A curious look crossed her face as she asked, “What was that you did back there, exactly? Was that Taunt?”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"I don't really fucking know, to be honest. I was never a Pokémon trainer. I guess?" He flipped through his brain. "Wait, yeah, that's the one Meowth learn, isn't it? Yeah. That'd make sense." He'd read up on all the abilities the morphs were likely to develop, way back when. There'd been a time they'd dreaded how Will might end up, with all these ominous Dark-type moves. Of course then it'd turned out he was the sweetest most harmless kid ever born, and if he had any latent sinister tendencies set to come out later, well, they'd never fucking know now, would they.

He looked away. Taunt. Taunt was the move that would enrage the opponent, make them just attack in a frenzy and ignore any orders to the contrary. Probably useful.

"What were the moves that you used? Never really looked into Ice-types that much."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid grabbed the newly-bought canteen out of her bag and took a prolonged drink, even letting some of it waterfall onto her forehead. It mixed with the shroud of must still surrounding her, cooling her off.

She quirked an eyebrow at Dave’s ramblings. “…Mm, I used Weather Ball at first.” Her head tilted up towards the ceiling as she recounted their ninety-second spar. “After that waassss… yeah, Disable. Then Role Play. The one that probably hurt a lot was Freeze Dry—which, uh, moisturizer usually helps with that, in case you have any. And finally Aurora Veil to protect from that last attack of yours.” She looked at her paw; it had started to clot up on its own, thankfully, but it still throbbed like a mug. And it was right on the pad where she put all her weight, too! Sheepishly she added, “I guess I still need to work on that one.”

They were both still catching their breath… ah, of course. Their new bodies. She’d caught onto the full scope of her conditioning (or lack thereof) in the Magikarp battle, and could gleefully say it had improved since. But still, that was a fast paced spar, and her bed just off in the other room was all but calling for her despite the fact that her day was not yet finished.

She took a tentative step towards Dave, holding out the canteen. “Want a swig?”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave raised an eyebrow. "Moisturizer. Right." He shuddered again at the memory. "I'm most familiar with the other kind of Vulpix. The fiery kind. As far as I remember they can use Disable sometimes but usually they need to learn it from their parents when they're tiny. Guess that shit doesn't really apply in this place, though. Maybe I should look for some TMs at the market."

As Astrid offered the canteen he hesitated. "So, uh, what's that? Just water?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Right. So how am I supposed to... actually hold that?" He wasn't sure what Astrid was doing, with her lack of opposable thumbs, but he wasn't at all sure he could replicate it.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"I mean, how do you grasp anything with a paw? You don't have anything to grasp with. If you -" He extended his paw towards the canteen as if to grab it, only to... actually grab it. "Wait, what the fuck?"

Somehow, it had just attached itself to his paw, as if he had an invisible thumb. "What the fuck," he repeated.

He waved it around warily. The water inside sloshed. "How the - what?"

He lifted it and poured some water into his mouth. It was good, refreshing after the fight. He handed it back to Astrid, staring. "I - okay, I'm not even going to try to make sense of this."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid supposed Howling didn’t require paws. Still… did it really take him a whole week to learn that he had them? Or—she reasoned further—perhaps he was one of those humans and simply didn’t know how to use them. He was probably used to gripping things with... whatever the heck humans gripped things with. Were tentacles a safe bet?

Anyway. “Yep! There you go.” She accepted the canteen back, taking another swig of her own. “Were you planning to go to that lunch at some point? I heard the Arceus people were putting something together in town.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave grimaced at the mention of the Arceus people, but he couldn't deny he was a bit hungry after all that. "I guess."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
He made no effort to hide his misgivings, so Astrid picked up on them right away. A nod of understanding preceded her next words. “…I guess it’s a little weird, huh? Being catered to like this, I mean. I guess I haven’t really had time to get to know them yet, but they seem nice enough. F-for whatever eight days of knowing them is worth, at least.”

Of course, that went for everyone. Literally, everyone. Diyem, Turf, Surf, the other townspeople… and each of her fellow outworlders. That in particular sent a shiver down Astrid’s spine, so she decided not to dwell on it for now.

“I’m gonna head to town and see if I can get this bandaged up.” After dropping the canteen back into her bag, the Vulpix held up the injured paw. Then she grinned. “I’ll catch you around, though! I still owe you a victory, after all.”

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Necrozma was at the dojo for a few hours before he wandered toward the marketplace.

<><><>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom