• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WIN] Fourth Anniversary Vanilla Mafia

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
"It seems only one of us has yet to comment on the state of play. I intend to force them to. I vote for @FauxFox."
"Now hold up." The Zorua looked up, leaving a bit of a daze. "It is perfectly normal to be shocked when you find out that some people you just saw are suddenly dead. My apologies for not commenting on the state of things, but considering this scenario we are in, I find the fact that you seem to consider others disposable a little... how do I say this... questionable. Any reasonable townie would want as many to survive as possible." Theo rebutted. "So I vote for @unrepentantAuthor ."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"What do you mean?" She asked hollowly. "If you're going to make a claim, you need to describe what happened. You saw him? Jean, did you see Stygian target either Kari or Anti-Bravo-Man? And... you're a Watcher?!"
Clapping his hands together, he settled to sit on on the fountain. “Welp. Care to elaborate more on that?”
Jean shook her head rapidly. "No! I saw that she's a strongman. I don't see which team they're on but it makes no sense for a good guy to be a strongman in this game. Not when it's supposed to be vanilla." Vanilla was a weird word for it. It wasn't like a game could have a flavor. But Mew had put that into her head, that this was called vanilla and that was what it was supposed to mean.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Stygian stared unflinchingly at the bizarre Vulpix-human child, her blood-red eyes betraying no emotion.

This was something they called a 'vanilla game.' There were no tricks, no illusions, no redirects or ambiguities of any kind. No concealed truths hiding behind unlikely circumstance. Anything learned in the night would be, correctly, taken as cold, hard truth. There was nothing that could be, should be, said.

"You're not surviving the night. But you already knew that," the Absol said in a low, cold voice. Then, she turned her face skyward and said. "Mew! I am done with your ridiculous game! Take me away from this cursed place!"

Vote: Stygian

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Jean shook her head rapidly. "No! I saw that she's a strongman. I don't see which team they're on but it makes no sense for a good guy to be a strongman in this game. Not when it's supposed to be vanilla." Vanilla was a weird word for it. It wasn't like a game could have a flavor. But Mew had put that into her head, that this was called vanilla and that was what it was supposed to mean.
Maressa stared at the morph as her words sank in.

"So, there is a strongman here. And you're a rolecop--you can see what each of us does...

"Well, maybe Stygian is a strongman vigilante for tow--"
"You're not surviving the night. But you already knew that," the Absol said in a low, cold voice. Then, she turned her face skyward and said. "Mew! I am done with your ridiculous game! Take me away from this cursed place!"

"Okay... there goes my alternate theory.

"Looks like Jean is a rolecop who watched Stygian last night. Stygian is a killer with a potential strongman shot. She used a normal shot on either Kari or Anti-Bravo-Man last night. If they're lovers, then they both went down. If not, then another killer took one down. Either way...

"I vote Stygian."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
She pointed decisively at Stygian. "You! You're the strongman killer! I saw it last night!"

Whiskey's attention snapped instantly to Jean. His face shifted from surprise, to frustration, to pensiveness. If Jean was a Watcher or similar, then that didn't prove anything. And Rolecop was an odd, though not unlikely role for a Town player. Maybe—

"Take me away from this cursed place!"

Ah.

"Well, that neatly spares us the agony of considering the minutiae of Jean's claim, I suppose," he said, sighing.

A shame that the absol he'd been distantly approving of had turned out to be hostile. He'd dared to hope that she'd be a firm ally. 'So it goes', as one said.

"I vote Stygian, then, as I must."

"You seem pretty convinced about there being two killers. I admit, I Don't think that the vigilante theory I had is holding any water. But why are you in favor of two killers over Lovers?"

"It is only what came to mind first, as if I were hosting a ten-person game, I would most certainly consider that configuration." He sniffed. "Besides, I don't give much consideration to romance."

"Now hold up." The Zorua looked up, leaving a bit of a daze. "It is perfectly normal to be shocked when you find out that some people you just saw are suddenly dead. My apologies for not commenting on the state of things, but considering this scenario we are in, I find the fact that you seem to consider others disposable a little... how do I say this... questionable. Any reasonable townie would want as many to survive as possible." Theo rebutted. "So I vote for @unrepentantAuthor ."

Whiskey stared back at the fox, unperturbed. "That's a naive perspective," he replied. Neutrally, as though he were an instructor holding a seminar. "If you only vote when certain, you give further chances to the Mafia to eliminate members of Town, and we're on a clock to eliminate the Mafia before they achieve voting parity with Town and win. The goal of the game is not to prove who the killers are, it's to win by elimination, primarily or exclusively through voting. That means guessing, and it means forcing people to participate such that their alignment may be discerned at a later time. That is simply what my vote represented – information-gathering for Town. If you moralise a game in which no literal murder is performed, and vote against otheer players in retribution for targeting you, you are adopting a suboptimal strategy for securing the win condition of the game."

[[Whiskey's a stern type given to lectures, but OOC, I don't mean to come across harshly. Hi, I'm Jackie, and I'm pleased to meet you! Let me explain: The 'meta' for Mafia games in TR very much involves targeting people with votes to procure reactions to gather information, and we have a history of inactive players in Mafia games and have learned to 'poke' them to try to elicit participation. That's what my ping was about, nothing more.]]

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
Whiskey stared back at the fox, unperturbed. "That's a naive perspective," he replied. Neutrally, as though he were an instructor holding a seminar. "If you only vote when certain, you give further chances to the Mafia to eliminate members of Town, and we're on a clock to eliminate the Mafia before they achieve voting parity with Town and win. The goal of the game is not to prove who the killers are, it's to win by elimination, primarily or exclusively through voting. That means guessing, and it means forcing people to participate such that their alignment may be discerned at a later time. That is simply what my vote represented – information-gathering for Town. If you moralise a game in which no literal murder is performed, and vote against otheer players in retribution for targeting you, you are adopting a suboptimal strategy for securing the win condition of the game."
"I guess you have a point, even if I don't completely agree with it." Theo sighed. "And I think that two killers is likely too, especially since Stygian seems to have outed herself rather than try and argue, so she may have a teammate. That, or she is too honest for her own good."
"With that said, I too will vote Stygian."

[[Don't worry, I didn't think of what you said as harsh at all. I was unaware of the history of inactive players on these forum games, and figured that I would reply how I normally would when someone tells me I am too quiet in mafia, though I'll admit my response probably wasn't the most thought-out response. I'm pleased to meet you too, and thanks for the advice on the meta.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Aye, yo!" Noel sputtered. "Why are you gonna pull that shit when there's a literal confession on the line? That was a meta play to get you to talk because you haven't said a single word, not a definite vote out."

Oh, alright, that made sense. So that meant she might have been a rolecop or something of the sort?

It was nice she had the information, but...yeah, there was no way she was surviving the night. Which sucked. But there was no reason to doubt, because the absol had no rebuttal. The coldness in his eyes was enough.

"Alright. Voting Stygian."

[[Don't worry, I didn't think of what you said as harsh at all. I was unaware of the history of inactive players on these forum games, and figured that I would reply how I normally would when someone tells me I am too quiet in mafia, though I'll admit my response probably wasn't the most thought-out response. I'm pleased to meet you too, and thanks for the advice on the meta.]]
[Well there is a rule that requires two posts a day for this game, so being "quiet" shouldn't really be an option here if you want to keep participating, even if its just to chime in and say you agree with something or give a list of your reads so far.]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark

Of all ways to go out, Espurr wouldn't have expected... that. Before, there might have been some ambiguity in Jean's claim, but that was before the killer had given up the chase on their own. Not everyone was good at lying, she supposed. Wonders of a jester crossed her mind--did the absol want to get lynched? But this game wasn't supposed to have one of those, right? Maybe they really had decided to go out on their own terms.

Something about it still rubbed her the wrong way, but it seemed pretty clear cut...

[[Pretty sure jester/other end-game-open-lynch roles aren't in here? otherwise I'd be asking that question like... instantly]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Pretty sure jester/other end-game-open-lynch roles aren't in here? otherwise I'd be asking that question like... instantly]]
[[I'd be SHOCKED if there was something like that in a vanilla game honestly, I'd sooner believe Chibi just said fuck it but 🤷‍♀️ ]}

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[We were literally given a list of potential roles that might be in this game, in the signup thread:

Villager
Goon
Doctor
Cop
Rolecop
Bodyguard
Bulletproof
Strongman
Vigilante
Serial Killer
Lovers

No Jester etc.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Whisky rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"Since we now have confirmation that Stygian was a Strongman, it would appear that, contrary to my assumptions, the Mafia did indeed perform two eliminations on the first night. We may yet have a Vigilante, Lovers, and/or Serial Killer, but none were relevant to the eliminations performed so far."

Flyg0n: Loaf [Dachsbun, Male]

Sinderella: Noel Massè [Human, Male]

Dragonfree: Jean Ambrose [Vulpix Pokémorph, Female] IMPLICIT TOWN [ROLECOP]

Chibi Pika:
Stygian [Absol,Female] PROSPECTIVE ELIMINATON—MAFIA [STRONGMAN]

windskull: Anti-Bravoman [Human...ish, Male] ELIMINATED—TOWN [NOT LOVER]

FauxFox:
Theodore [Zorua, Male]

SparklingEspeon: Espurr [Espurr, Female]

Seren: Kari [Human, Female] ELIMINATED—TOWN [NOT LOVER]

unrepentantAuthor:
Whiskey [Absol Pokémorph, Male]

Starlight Aurate: Maressa [Human, Female]

there was no way she was surviving the night.

"If a Doctor or Bodyguard yet lives, then for goodness' sake, may they protect Jean during the night," huffed Whiskey.

Whiskey shook his head, scowling. "Thankfully, no such aggravation is to be found in this configuration. Stygian simply knows she is doomed, and is responding accordingly to her doom. I would have done the same."

Such was the way of an absol.

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
[Well there is a rule that requires two posts a day for this game, so being "quiet" shouldn't really be an option here if you want to keep participating, even if its just to chime in and say you agree with something or give a list of your reads so far.]
[I am aware of the rule, and I wasn't intentionally being quiet. I was at work and forgot to mark the thread as watched, and thus was unaware of the new day. But as I was voted to be forced to comment in game, I responded how one would when in that situation. HelloYellow and I have already discussed my late activity. Apologies if I came off as rude here, just explaining myself. I don't plan to be as late as I was this time again, unless something unexpected comes up.]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Villager
Goon
Doctor
Cop
Rolecop
Bodyguard
Bulletproof
Strongman
Vigilante
Serial Killer
Lovers
[[Once more my speedreader illiteracy strikes again haha!! And me, forgetting the possibility of doctor or bodyguard: 🤡

Unless Seren and/or Wind was one of those roles which would just suck MASSIVE eggs :copyka: ]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Whiskey chuckled. It wasn't a happy sound.

"I have to say, albeit with some hesitation, that I honestly don't believe the Kalosien is Mafia. I think if he were, he'd be intensely aware of the Doctor and Bodyguard roles."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Loaf rumbled under his breath, a growl of frustration directed at no one in particular. Bad guys. Bad guys were the ones they wanted to stop, but to go after someone they didn't know for sure if they were bad felt... wrong. But then again some instinct was also telling him this was how you were supposed to play this 'game'. He didn't want to do that. He didn't want to hurt someone if they were innocent.

Except then the strange human-like Vulpix girl spoke. The absol was a bad guy? He growled and turned upon the Absol. "You're done for."

[[Vote: Stygian

I was absorbed in ToD and I come back to this! Yoooooo this is off to a banging start I can't believe we got it first try.
Does strongman get a seperate kill from their nightkill? could that be the reason for two deaths? or maybe it was just lovers. Either way thats one relief... Gonna try to pop back in tomorrow, if you don't see me its because its late here.

Maybe I can make a readlist.

Also ncie to see you, fauxfox! I was also getting a bit concerned with the quietness.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Stygian stared unflinchingly at the bizarre Vulpix-human child, her blood-red eyes betraying no emotion.

This was something they called a 'vanilla game.' There were no tricks, no illusions, no redirects or ambiguities of any kind. No concealed truths hiding behind unlikely circumstance. Anything learned in the night would be, correctly, taken as cold, hard truth. There was nothing that could be, should be, said.

Jean flinched under the Absol's gaze and her words. Why was she being so mean? It was supposed to be a game!

Not surviving the night. In the game. That was all she meant. Her heart pounded sickeningly anyway. She'd done the right thing. She knew she had.

"Since we now have confirmation that Stygian was a Strongman, it would appear that, contrary to my assumptions, the Mafia did indeed perform two eliminations on the first night. We may yet have a Vigilante, Lovers, and/or Serial Killer, but none were relevant to the eliminations performed so far."
Jean blinked in confusion. "But normally a strongman just means they can kill someone even if they're being healed. It doesn't mean they get to kill a second person. And if it was separate, then why would she use it on the first night, when she had no idea who's important or who's going to get healed? I don't think she would've done that, not if she knows how the game works. And... and you said the same thing yourself before, so it's not like you didn't realize!"

Whisky raised an eyebrow. "My assumpton would be that any Strongman role would modify the nightly Mafia elimination, not provide an additional, second action available from the first night."

He chuckled, a little nastily.

"Even if that were so, performing it on the first night would be a truly incompetent use of a powerful ability. They'd no longer be able to penetrate protective measures to eliminate a confirmed Cop player."

Jean made a small canine whine of unease, ears flat against her head, averting her eyes from the Absol morph. "I don't like him. He's... he's not telling the truth." She cringed, heart racing horribly in her chest. "I'm... I'm sorry, Mr. Whiskey."

She took a deep breath, trying to think about everyone who was still playing.

Probably town?
Maressa - I think the stuff she asked about at the start of the day sounded like she was town.
Noel and Espurr - They didn't know about the role list, but Stygian did, so it would be weird if they were on the same team. They could have been faking it, though.

Dunno...
Loaf - He seems a bit confused sometimes, but also he could be faking being confused so he can try to confuse everyone else.
Theodore - He's only said a little! So I don't really know a lot about him.

Mmmmmm :sadwott:
Whiskey - I don't like him, he's a Pokémorph but I don't! He and Stygian were always agreeing and saying good things about each other and he said some weird things, especially the thing about the strongman that's not the same as what he said before about the strongman. I have a really bad feeling! We don't have to talk about it now because we need to get rid of Stygian, and maybe I'm... Maybe he's okay and I'm wrong. But... but if I'm not going to be here for the next day in the game, I think you should be careful!

Jean sat down, hugging her knees, bracing for a retort from the Absol morph. She didn't want to make him angry. But he probably would be. The game was supposed to be fun.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jean blinked in confusion. "But normally a strongman just means they can kill someone even if they're being healed. It doesn't mean they get to kill a second person. And if it was separate, then why would she use it on the first night, when she had no idea who's important or who's going to get healed? I don't think she would've done that, not if she knows how the game works. And... and you said the same thing yourself before, so it's not like you didn't realize!"

Jean made a small canine whine of unease, ears flat against her head, averting her eyes from the Absol morph. "I don't like him. He's... he's not telling the truth." She cringed, heart racing horribly in her chest. "I'm... I'm sorry, Mr. Whiskey."

"Hmm?"

Whiskey raised a brow, then perused his memory of the discussion so far.

"No, you're quite right. I am well aware that the Strongman role is generally a one-shot modifier to the factional kill, as I showed awareness of to begin with. I did not believe that it was separate. Once we heard the claim that Stygian was a Strongman, my immediate assumption was that perhaps it had been configured as a separate killing role after all, and that the Mafia strategy – and justification for using the power early – was to get two kills early. Either selected randomly, or by some internal discourse about who would receive or not receive protection, and who was easier or more difficult to fool. I could not fathom the possibility of safeguarding the first factional elimination when the target may turn out to be a 'vanilla' Town!"

[[I've only been in a scumchat once, in Role Overdrive, and fairly briefly at that. It was a small, inactive chat, without daytalk, and one member was a factional traitor. I have no meaningful experience of scumchat discussion about this strategic choice, and I so firmly believe that I would want to save the Strongman kill for later, that I instantly believed that it had to be separate, because if it wasn't a kill-rush strategy, why do it? Perhaps that's naive, but that's what I was thinking.]]

Whiskey coughed, and had the nerve to look a little frustrated. "On further reflection, I suppose... the internal reasoning for using the Strongman role immediately may have been to guarantee any elimination whatsoever, then spending the Day phase identifying safe targets going forward? Perhaps Stygian," [[Chibi, that is,]] "believed her odds of surviving long enough to deploy her power in a targeted way were low enough to justify attacking blindly on the first night. I simply find it hard to imagine making the same call, were it not a separate elimination."

Perhaps he'd been right the first time, then, and a Serial Killer had indeed been present. A Vigilante, though? Heal clash? Unthinkable, surely.

Probably town?
Maressa - I think the stuff she asked about at the start of the day sounded like she was town.
Noel and Espurr - They didn't know about the role list, but Stygian did, so it would be weird if they were on the same team. They could have been faking it, though.

Dunno...
Loaf - He seems a bit confused sometimes, but also he could be faking being confused so he can try to confuse everyone else.

Mmmmmm :sadwott:
Whiskey - I don't like him, he's a Pokémorph but I don't! He and Stygian were always agreeing and saying good things about each other and he said some weird things, especially the thing about the strongman that's not the same as what he said before about the strongman. I have a really bad feeling! We don't have to talk about it now because we need to get rid of Stygian, and maybe I'm... Maybe he's okay and I'm wrong. But... but if I'm not going to be here for the next day in the game, I think you should be careful!

Jean sat down, hugging her knees, bracing for a retort from the Absol morph. She didn't want to make him angry. But he probably would be. The game was supposed to be fun.

Whiskey stroked his chin thoughtfully. He didn't seem very much affected by Jean's anxiety.

"My intuition tells me that Noel and Espurr could absolutely have been indisposed such that they were unaware of the roles despite Stygian understanding them..." He shook his head. "But it seems less likely. Your assumption is reasonable."

He glanced at the dachsund.

"My intuition tells me that... 'Loaf'... Ahem. That Loaf might reasonably be expected to flail to some extent. But the flailing earlier did seem like noting more than so much misdirectional waffle. I don't much care to avert my suspicion from him."

The vulpix girl was right about Theodore, of course, and there was little more to be said on the matter.

Then came the aspersions on himself.

Whiskey gave Jean a stare that might generously be said to be... appreciative.

"...It's a fair criticism," he said, after a lengthy pause. "Inconsistency is suspicious, and overt mutual support implies coordination. In truth, I rather wish I had been assigned the same faction as Blackest River. It would have been narratively compelling, would it not? The two absol, heralds of disaster, collaborating in their deceit. But no, I am regrettably embarrassed to have been willing to assume that because I could not find fault with her assertions, and because I preferred to believe that we would be aligned, that I am guilty of aesthetic bias."

The absol-morph sighed, and gestured vaguely with one hand, while the other went to rest in his trouser pocket.

"I... apologise. I should not let my guard down simply because I like a participant." His jaw twitched, and he looked away. "And so I shall not let my guard down around you either, young miss... though your observations are promisingly astute for your apparent age."

After all, the danger of a Serial Killer was that they could convincingly 'play Town' with no interpersonal agendas, was it not?

Whiskey coughed again, harder – this time it seemed to be actual respiratory distress rather than a rhetorical hedge.

"Well, I suppose I should leave my opinion for the group in the event that I am eliminated during the second Night phase. In the event that I am removed from the game tonight, which is not at all impossible, then my 'posthumous' opinion ought to hold some weight when my alignment is revealed, yes? Ahem. Not out of any particular confident suspicion, but simply because I associate waffling with a Mafia agenda, then with my present mindset, I would vote tomorrow for the dachsund. 'Loaf'. Mm."

For a person named after a beverage, the absol hybrid sure didn't seem to like naming the bread dog after bread.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jean looked up warily. He wasn't as angry as she'd thought. She listened to him, sniffling, her brow furrowing again. "But there's no reason to think she used the strongman ability. I'm a rolecop, so I just see what their role is, not if they used it. And you knew I was a rolecop, because you marked me as a rolecop in your list."

Could he have been mistaken about what a rolecop does? Was he someone who would just get it wrong? It felt... weird. She'd been sure he was trying to play dumb, to look like he was one of the ones confused about how the game worked. Now he was still acting confused about it. Was it a ruse or not?

Whiskey went on. Sounding somehow appreciative, not mad. He even apologized to her, called her promisingly astute.

"I... apologise. I should not let my guard down simply because I like a participant." His jaw twitched, and he looked away. "And so I shall not let my guard down around you either, young miss... though your observations are promisingly astute for your apparent age."

After all, the danger of a Serial Killer was that they could convincingly 'play Town' with no interpersonal agendas, was it not?
She rose slowly to her feet. "But... If you believe that Stygian is a bad guy, then it wouldn't make any sense for me to not be a good guy. I'm the one who revealed her. If I was on her team, that'd be really weird! And if I was something else like a serial killer, then how would I have known she was a strongman in the first place? That doesn't make any sense."

She shook her head and took a deep breath. "I still think you're one of the bad guys. But thanks for not being mad, Mr. Whiskey." She smiled hesitantly. "Don't worry. It's just a game. I'm glad I got to meet another Pokémorph. One who's grown-up! That's really cool."

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
"I guess my innocence is still up in the air, but I will do what I can to prove it." Theo sighed.
Perhaps he'd been right the first time, then, and a Serial Killer had indeed been present. A Vigilante, though? Heal clash? Unthinkable, surely.
"I think the Serial Killer assumption is probably the best, alongside two mafia I bet." Theo shifted his gaze from Whiskey to Jean. "But I also think that Whiskey knows what he is talking about, and is probably one of the most intuitive ones here. I don't think he is bad, he probably just picked up the fact that you are a rolecop from something you said, though I don't think you are guilty either. Though my assumption that you both are innocent may just be wishful thinking, as we haven't truly confirmed anyone just yet." Theo paused. "I would say that you are the closest to confirmed, and if we have any doctors or bodyguards, they should probably protect you, assuming that Stygian is the only one with the Strongman ability based of what you said earlier, and assuming that you are in fact a Rolecop. And while you could be faking Rolecop, the fact that Stygian outed themself sort of counters that idea."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Loaf liked this Jean girl a lot, she seemed so kind and friendly. And it was nice knowing at least one person could be trusted. He hoped she would be safe tonight... He couldn't do much but he wished he could do more to help her.

[[quickpost b4 day closes. been thinking about this a bit, and I just don't know if I can picture chibi using a strongshot at the start of the game. I think(?) they've been scum before and its a bit of a silly play to blow a powerful scum power without knowing who you're using it on.

Also I wouldn't really say I'm waffling, its day one so I'm just speculating (honestly this being a vanilla game is somehow newer territory lol, I'm so used to some kind of madness, hah.

I'm trying to think what the most likely setup is and I guess SK could be here, and i can't stop fixating on if there is or not, because that could be pretty detrimental to town...

Also something else I haven't seen talked about is if this is 2 or 3 mafia setup? From my very poor understanding, it can't be four so...

3 scum, 1 SK, 6 Town? I'm not sure if that adds up... Two kills a night + whatever votes would happen during the day... It might be too much kills?
Or 3/7 setup? I think I can see that? Or finally, 2 scum, 1 SK, 7 Town? Unless there's 2 scum and 8 town?

For now I think 3 scum feels more... plausible? Someone will have to pipe in here though, balance and numbers and probability aren't my forte, I'm not sure whats normal for vanilla honestly.

That aside, my quick readlist right now is

Chibi: Scum (lol)

Fauxfox: Slighty unsure, since I haven't seen a lot yet. Will see tomorrow. Tiniest bit of leaning towards scum but this is rather early and you're new, I don't like to go hard without a good reason.

Starlight: Seems decent enough?

Jackie: Mixed at the moment, but leaning positive...?

Free: Town

Sind: LOVER SCUM (joking joking, not sure yet, neutral)

Espy: No proof, but I just have tiny curious sus vibes, waiting to see what tomorrow brings though.

This is a sloppy list though, I feel like with getting a fortunate rolecop night 1 we can get a lot of really useful info tomorrow so I'm saving my hope for that, assuming I even make it lol.]]

Top Bottom