• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Tree of Life ~ Exterior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"So much for planning things," Bahamut grumbled. It seemed to him as though everyone had basically ignored him. Again. They were treating this like some sort of entertainment instead of what it was meant to be. He hovered further back, saying nothing further. Bahamut silently focused on his ESP, trying to sense the Tree's energy and any signs of that familiar neutralizing aura. Or even a presence besides Xerneas'.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Huh... y'all don't think this tree thing would have enough power to help me evolve, right?" Puddle asked no one in particular. "If it's strong enough to revive everyone and power up God or god, it's gotta be strong enough to evo--"

Puddle went silent as it spotted Xerneas, staring down at him. Or, well, everyone at the same time, but Puddle could swear that deer was staring at him. It was just like it feared too... That dashing blue and black, the dazzling sparkles of color, that air that tasted of pink that Puddle was pretty sure was either fairy magic or strawberries.... and all those horns.

"...So m-many horns," Puddle gulped. It's body wibbled nervously, but a grin stretched along its face. "I-I wanna fight 'im! Even if I the tree can't power me up, I know fightin' him could!"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"...So m-many horns," Puddle gulped. It's body wibbled nervously, but a grin stretched along its face. "I-I wanna fight 'im! Even if I the tree can't power me up, I know fightin' him could!"
Soul sneered at Puddle. "Is there some part of being helpful you don't understand? We're supposed to be a team, you can't go off and attack the person we need to talk to. We're not even really the species we look like, what makes you think you'll evolve if you decide to punch Xerneas?"

"Soul. That's enough. We don't want you to stir anything up, either."

"Sorry..."

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
"You lookin' to evolve, huh?" Araun asked, turning his lopsided, tongue-lolling grin toward Puddle. "Fuckin' awesome! Us too, right?"

Skara rolled her eyes and tried to tune him out, unsure of what to say now that Xerneas himself had apparently stepped up to meet them. Was this safe? Could Diyem or Bahamut or anyone tell yet? Or was this a good thing that meant Xerneas had everything under control? All of these direct dealings with legendaries were still taking some getting used to, but something about meeting one who stayed away from the almost-normal bustle of Destiny Village, one who was the guardian of a mystical place full of potent energy... it was a little too close to home—to the mists—for her to relax.

"Lots of pokémon do evolve by getting stronger, and there's probably no better way to do that than by fighting something as powerful as I think this guy is," Araun continued unabated. His bright eyes glinted for a moment, almost as if imagining the possibility. "But, uh, probably this isn't the right time? If he's too busy fighting you then I dunno if he can help get everyone back the way they're supposed to be. But!" His grin widened even further, and his tail picked up its tempo. "But if you wanna meet up after we've taken care of this, I bet we can find something to do together that would help you evolve!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Soul sneered at Puddle. "Is there some part of being helpful you don't understand? We're supposed to be a team, you can't go off and attack the person we need to talk to. We're not even really the species we look like, what makes you think you'll evolve if you decide to punch Xerneas?"

"I-I know but look at him! He looks fucking badass, with all the blue and the gold horns and the not hoovesm I might be able to evolve just by being near him!" Puddle giggled. "And even if I don't evolve into whatever I am supposed to, I might evolve into something even cooler! Can you imagine if I evolved into him, or maybe Arce--" Puddle hiccuped, then blinked and shook its head. "er, maybe something also super strong? I'm getting excited just thinking about it!"

..."But if you wanna meet up after we've taken care of this, I bet we can find something to do together that would help you evolve!"

Puddle's eyes sparkled, this Araun guy was good on first impressions! It was like he said everything Puddle wanted to hear! "That'd be awesome, I'd totally be up for evolution hunting whenever you wanna! I guess I'll wait for that then, hehe!"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Ever since she had stumbled on a meeting by chance, she had secretly been trying to keep an eye on the one that had sent them here. He seemed... frail. Small. It was very worrying, given that he was the one that was supposed to be sending them back home too...

But she couldn't keep up with what the team was doing all the time. She had actual quotas and requests for the medicine she made now. She couldn't leave her little operation. So she asked Raven to take her place.

And that was why the slightly feathery Charmeleon was there, standing in complete silence, but relaying what was happening to her "sister".

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…Hmph. As lovely as throwing random tussles it is, I concur. One thing at a time,” muttered Keo’Keo, keeping his voice low but loud enough so that Icetales could hear. “This is thy cue. I would confer with Sir Xerneas mine self, but I wager that having a shady creature talk to such a light-filled fellow is a recipe for disaster.”

“…Indeed. I shall attempt an approach.”

Icetales took a deep breath and strode forward, walking past his comrades and keeping his composure steady and controlled. Once he was at a fair distance from Xerneas, he bowed with reverence.

“Greetings, Sir Xerneas. It is our pleasure to make thy acquaintance,” said Icetales, his voice calm and gentle, and looked up at Xerneas. Such majestic figure… he felt small and insignificant in comparison, but he did his best to cram those feelings deep into his heart. “I reckon thou art aware of the reason we have requested this hearing, as well as the importance behind our travel.”

Small talk to test the water. Hopefully that would have produced some satisfying result.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Xerneas." Maple gave a deep bow. "I hope all is well."

"It used to be," Xerneas replied with a suspicious tone, looking first at the Smeargle, then at the crowd behind him. Perhaps they'd brought too many, or perhaps they'd brought not enough. One way or the other, Xerneas didn't seem very happy with some of the visitors, even if he'd reluctantly allowed their safe passage.

"Xerneas," Pop said, leaning against Potluck. "I trust that you have been able to perform an analysis on how much energy the Tree has for this?"

"It has more than enough to restore you to your former glory, Arceus." Xerneas replied.

There was a weak presence within the Tree, now that they were close. Diyem gave a wary look at Bahamut, nodding. Eien was undoubtedly somewhere within the tree. The energy itself, however, did not appear to be badly corrupted, at least this far out... Xerneas himself was too difficult to analyze. But, at least visibly, there was no corruption. Diyem looked to the others and thought to them, I can sense Eien from here. I am certain she is deep within the Tree's core. As for Xerneas... I do not know.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut stayed silent. He continued to scrutinize the tree. Probing deeper. Focusing on the cracks and gaps in the bark and ignoring the ethereal warmth.

“Eternatus. I know you’re in there. Answer me.”

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
(Proactive. Think, and then do.) "Th... thank you for agreeing to meet with us, Mistl— uh, Xerneas," Skara stammered. Something in the back of her head insisted that she was doing it wrong, that maybe the other legendaries around this place didn't have rules but surely this being had to, and even the radiance in the back of her head, the part of her that was a proper knight, had to catch itself before admonishing her for not asking his preferred title.

It's not like that here, remember, Araun whispered in her mind. Take it easy. Focus. Follow the others' lead if they're more used to this. He was still smiling; funny to hear encouragement so similar to the real thing back home. Skara sighed, shook her head stiffly, tried to relax.

"It's good to hear that Pop can be restored," she managed at last. "Were you, ah, m-made aware that we would need assistance with the rest of our team as well? We lost them during the confrontation with Joule, but we believe it should be possible to restore them. We... we need them back, if that's at all possible. We need our full strength to meet whatever Giovanni might have in store for Cibus next."

"Is there enough for Cola to have some, too?" Araun piped up, verbally this time. "Even if he and Pop have to share?" Skara frowned—it didn't seem terribly endearing to ask Xerneas to split the power intended for Pop, his own world's creator, rather than the power intended for the dark matter–made interlopers—but they did have to try to get everyone back safe. She had to be of use to Cynthian and the others somehow.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I will find out what happens if a familiar is killed, Diyem growled at Puddle.

As Bahamut tried to look deeply into the Tree, he would find that the presence was there, but hard to approach closer. If he pressed further, others would surely notice. Eternatus did not immediately reply to Bahamut, too.

"If you were to have the two share power," said Xerneas, "they would probably be better off combining together again. Why haven't you already done that, anyway?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Cola doesn't want to," Pop replied.

"And what matters, why?" Xerneas countered. "He exists for your backup. You didn't die. Just take your power and reclaim him. Simple."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut didn’t like that response. He probed Maple’s psyche.

“A so-called god of life should not be so dismissive about such concepts. I think there’s something seriously wrong here.”

Again he focused on Eternatus. “Diyem is here. He is concerned about you.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
I will find out what happens if a familiar is killed, Diyem growled at Puddle.

'I would be dying for the sake of the team, and knowledge, and some other noble thing,' Puddle thought-huffed back. 'Besides, wouldn't it be better for one of the familiars to try and attack him if we don't know if Xerneas is corrupt or not? Hell, worst case scenario, I throw a punch, he isn't corrupted, and I get blasted with enough energy to evolve. Everyone wins.'

Puddle rolled its shoulder a bit, flexing its little fist. Why would anyone actually get upset over this? It was just one punch, man. One punch to that perfect, pretentious, colorful, and horny deer's face. First, Puddle would need a better place to throw a fist, probably away from the others, but not too far away.

The Scraggy Shade wandered over to the side of the group, away from the people that could stop it immediately. It spun its fist around, spinning faster and faster, then chucked it as hard as it good. A long string of an ethereal arm whizzed through the air, and if everything went well, it'd land right on the chiseled blue jaw of Sparkles in the Night over there.

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"And what matters, why?" Xerneas countered. "He exists for your backup. You didn't die. Just take your power and reclaim him. Simple."

“Hm. With all due respect, but should not Cola be allowed to exist, if he so desires?” pointed out Icetales, his tails flicking nervously. That cold and distant demeanor didn’t bode well to him. “Even if he was intended as mere backup, he should have the freedom of choosing his own destiny. And if he desires to craft his own path, then why should we stop that?”

From the depths of the forest’s darkness, Keo’Keo stared hard at the walking Puddle, his eyes narrowed to golden slits. “…What is he doing?”

He got his answer when Puddle started rotating his fist, readying himself to assault Xerneas. If Keo’Keo had a heart, it would have leapt to his throat.

“What the—idiotic whelp!” he hissed to himself, his black flames a raging inferno and his claws embedded into the floor. “If he turns Sir Xerneas against us—!”

And then, the fist went flying.

No! His host! His host could have been in peril! Without thinking much, Keo’Keo opened his jaws wide and fired a Shadow Leech toward the familiar, the attack taking the shape of a long serpentine fox, ready to bite into that impertinent shade’s tail.

Pull the familiar away! He had to… pull him… away…

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle seemed a fair bit more focused than normal, having already wound up its other fist to throw, perhaps getting a bit greedy in wanting a second punch in. It didn't even look like it cared all that much about its team trying to stop it, or whatever glares or stares it might have been getting. Even when Soul tried to stop it, Puddle seemingly looked past them, which was helped by them not physically trying to stop Puddle.

With a light wince, Puddle sent a wide left hook around towards Xerneas, aimed to the bigger target of the deer's chest. Even as the Shadow Leech latched onto Puddle and tried to drag it away, its thrown fists kept on their predetermined path. Just one punch, it'd be satisfied if it landed just one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom