• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Reviewed chapter 1 of Legendary Adventures at 288 words!

Flyg0N is participating in the Blitz, so +1 for the theme!
looks good!
Left a review of 1-3 of Eternal Shadows!

984 words I think, +1 for theme (and a meme!)
yup!
Left a review for chapter one of Only the Truth! 1073 words, +1 for theme, +1 for one chapter!
you're doing great!
reviewed chapters 4-6 of eoe, 2,586 words (beeg boy), and i believe it qualifies for the theme despite your attempts to hide your glorious point count from us on the spreadsheet.
yeah, I guess I'm valid for week 4 lol. If only because pen would come to my house and kill me if I tried to deny her my bounty points
Reviewed chapters 2-4 of Continental Divides, 1050 words. 3 points, plus 1 for the theme for 4 points!

Edit: went back to review chapters 5-6 of CD, 690 words. 2 points!
yeah!
Submitting a review for Path of Valor! It's just over 2000 words and covers 8 chapters; I think that's 8 points?
You also get at +1 for theme adherence, so nice work here!
Reviewed parts 4-6 of Dragony, 679 words! o7
yup! a nice 4 points here!
And my last review (number twelve, cheers!) for the blitz is going to be....

Pen's "The Last Con"

2224 words

It was a prize/reward review but still I think it counts.

Also I think it qualifies for friendly fire bonus on week 4.

Goes off to read score sheet/rules...

Alright nevermind it definitly does. Din! Pen, you're at 118 points, when do you sleep?!

LINK!
(she never sleeps)
cracks knuckles I'm back to do this thing! Final week has arrived, and with it, my juice has returned, now, those are my reviews for today!
  1. Refracted Differences - Reviewed all four chapters, total of 1003 words, 4 points for me!
  2. Continental Divides - Reviewed chapters 2 and 3, 658 words in total, 2 points + 1 for the theme, as OSJ is on the blitz as well
  3. Legendary Adventures - Reviewed chapters 1 and 2, 642 words in total, 2 points + 1 for the theme, since Flyg0n is on the blitz
With all that, I should have 10 points, bringing me from 51 to 61! Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
these look great!
Reviewed BT chapter 3.10 @ 461 words. 1 chapter +1 for Friendly Fire.
:quag:

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Reviewed Chapter 6 of The Suicune’s Choice, 314 words. Plus one point for friendly fire for two points!

Edit: reviewed chapters 4-5 of Eternal Shadows, 563 words. extra point for theme is 3 points!

total: 5 points

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Spring review. 664 words + friendly fire for 3 points.
pew pew
reviewed CD chapters 7-8, 980 words, counts for theme.
yeet dab lit fam
Reviewed Chapter 6 of The Suicune’s Choice, 314 words. Plus one point for friendly fire for two points!

Edit: reviewed chapters 4-5 of Eternal Shadows, 563 words. extra point for theme is 3 points!

total: 5 points
looks great!
Did a review of Midnight Silk and The Horn of Life. While not as strong as its predecessors, Midnight Silk and The Creator's Plate and Midnight Silk and the Temple of Dewpider, it still holds its own. Please don't make a fourth one. 286 words and friendly fire for two points.
is that the one with shia labeouf?
unquag is not an emote but yes
Reviewed Chapter 44 of Salvage

......it's there, I promise. ;-;
Should be 2 points
hi pardon me just rampaging around thx by
Reviewed Suitoraiku High because why the fuck not?

Does one route count as one chapter? What if they're similar routes? At 670 words that'd make it either 1 or 2 base points, plus the bonus.
why not indeed? the game counts as one story, so 2 total points here!

love

Memento mori
Pronouns
he/him/it
Partners
  1. leafeon
Death is Lonely. 4 Chapters. 917 words excluding quotations. Theme bonus should apply for a total of 4 points.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram

Nubushi

しぶい
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. slowpoke-hgss
  2. togekiss-nubushi
Jumping on the Sutoraiku High bandwagon, 3 playthroughs and over 3,000 words (I didn't take an exact word count). I'm not sure if points for this are 1 point for the game as a whole, or 1 point per playthrough, but whichever it is, it will be that, not wordcount. Also +1 for theme.

Also, some questions about this week's theme:

Is the bonus point limited to once per story, like last week?
Is it limited to once per author (so, if I reviewed the same person twice this week, would the bonus only apply once)? If so, does that also carry over from last week? (If I review someone this week whom I reviewed last week, and who is participating in Blitz, does the bonus count this week, too?)

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Death is Lonely. 4 Chapters. 917 words excluding quotations. Theme bonus should apply for a total of 4 points.
looks good!

Liberators of Fate. Two chapters so far, with a total of 1,070 words.
Yup! You also snag an extra point for the weekly theme here!
Finished the other half of my Suitoraiku High review. 4 endings and conveniently 1127 words. Already nicked the bonus for the first half, so no bonus. (If this ended up being the most points I get from any one fic for Blitz I'd hide in a corner forever. Thank goodness for Eternal Shadows.)
DM'ed you, but Sutoraiku High counts as a oneshot, not as individual chapters per ending. Because you made this review in good faith it will still be rewarded +1 point here.

(note if any other participants are reading this--typically we will not give out points for re-reviewed content; this is an edge case and we do not expect it to be repeated. If you are unsure of how many points will be rewarded for a given story/review/anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.)
yup!

Jumping on the Sutoraiku High bandwagon, 3 playthroughs and over 3,000 words (I didn't take an exact word count). I'm not sure if points for this are 1 point for the game as a whole, or 1 point per playthrough, but whichever it is, it will be that, not wordcount. Also +1 for theme.

Also, some questions about this week's theme:

Is the bonus point limited to once per story, like last week?
Is it limited to once per author (so, if I reviewed the same person twice this week, would the bonus only apply once)? If so, does that also carry over from last week? (If I review someone this week whom I reviewed last week, and who is participating in Blitz, does the bonus count this week, too?)
Sutoraiku High rewards points as a oneshot rather than on a per-playthrough basis; as such, this gets you 1 (+1 for theme).

Bonus is limited to once per author for this week (so if you reviewed the same author twice in week 4, it would only count the first time). Reviews made in week 3 didn't qualify for the week 4 bonus, so they wouldn't disqualify you from getting the week 4 bonus either (i.e. if you had reviewed Dragonfree in week 3, you would still get the +1 theme for this review in week 4). Lmk if that clarifies things!

eNvy of edeN shitpost. 274 words, 1 chapter, 1 theme, 2 poiNts
very eNtertaiNiNg AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nubushi

しぶい
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. slowpoke-hgss
  2. togekiss-nubushi
Bonus is limited to once per author for this week (so if you reviewed the same author twice in week 4, it would only count the first time). Reviews made in week 3 didn't qualify for the week 4 bonus, so they wouldn't disqualify you from getting the week 4 bonus either (i.e. if you had reviewed Dragonfree in week 3, you would still get the +1 theme for this review in week 4). Lmk if that clarifies things!
👍 Yep! Thank you!

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Reviewed chapter 16 of a little fic called envy of eden (have you heard of it?????) @ 920 words. 1 chapter + friendly fire bonus.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Umbramatic